News:

Thx to our VIP donor/subscribers in 2012 cheers!
..thx Botchee, sixty, zorba, caleb, ettu, trrroglodyte, diane, aviator, r_monk ,captainmubbers,Tom roygbiv*, anonymous and yyy

Main Menu

courtesy in FIBSLeague and tourny play

Started by don, June 04, 2007, 07:07:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

don

I've just seen a post on another thread here that reminds me that the basic idea of FIBS is to have fun.  When that fantasy is rejected by a few experienced FIBSTERs it is a pity that some basic rules are not enforced.  The ideal is that everyone gets it, but it would be nice if those who signed up for tourneys via TourneyBot, FIBSLeaGammon tourneys, or the new TEAM tourneys followed a simple credo.

See http://fibsleagammon.free.fr/rules.htm:
QuoteFree - Come and Have Fun in a community where BackGammon Players find an opportunity to play matches with some of the nicest people on the net. Be courteous and fair, respect each other, and enjoy this game. If you can't do so, please don't sign up!

I'm not claiming any kind of saint-hood, but FIBSters who have a problem with other FIBSters should make a special effort to play tourney matches promptly and avoid intervention.  Tomawaky does not need the hassle, nor does zyxtcba nor any TD.

For example:  Most of those who enter tourneys are familiar with the behavior of ther GUIs.  One or two users use their GUIs to ignore or flame instead of playing.

When playing in any tourney, users should accept communications with any other participant.  If a problem occurs DURING A TOURNEY, it's a problem for the tournament director.

What I'm saying is:  Experienced FIBSters should leave their politics when they find themselves in tourneys with those they don't like.   Move on, play as soon as possible, spare us the anguish (and yourself, unless it is part of your problem..).

--
don
So many string dimensions, so little space time...