News:

we need 2 or 3 small donations a month, and an ad or 2 each month, consistently over the year, to keep the board going.....http://www.fibsboard.com/donate.php

Main Menu

Kibitz playername sometimes gives wrong name

Started by mukulakivi, June 14, 2007, 12:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mukulakivi

I have used 3dfibs during many version and allways have been the same problem when using kibitz messages with playername variable.
If I do many invitations like usually and someone accept one, playername variable in kibitz message will give wrong name for opponent very often but not allways.

Why this cannot be corrected?!?

socksey

It is not clear to me what the problem is. 

I do know that if you send many invitations, the second invitation will negate the first one, the third will negate the second and so on.  When you invite someone, you should give them time to check your reputation with repbot, so they do not play with droppers.  This is one of my pet peeves.  This is what happens when someone invites you, you accept, and then get a message saying that person didn't invite you.  A very annoying situation. 

This may not have anything to do with the problem you are experiencing.   :cry:

In kibitz, the name is not important, since it goes to anyone within the game, either playing or watching.

Perhaps you can explain more.   :)

socksey

Children and dogs are as necessary to the walfare of the country as Wall street and railroads.--Truman

Kari_Grandi

You're right socks, your message has got nothing to do with the problem ;) .

I have the same problem with OP (but I dont invite many players at the same time).
I.e. 2 invites comes and I start to play with the 1st player who invited. Then I select
my normal starting greeting from the 'kibitzes', client picks up the name of the 2nd inviter.

tucsonAZ

This will be fixed in version 4.0.37 and above  It should work correctly as long as the player name under the board shows the current player.

http://download-texas-holdem-poker.com/backgammon/download.html

playBunny

Quote from: socksey on June 14, 2007, 02:18:12 PMsomeone invites you, you accept, and then get a message saying that person didn't invite you.  A very annoying situation. 

Hear, hear.

I wonder whether 3DFibs could watch for messages that the inviter has started playing a game, and remove the invitation. If it's possible it might be better to flag it as void, eg. with a red X through it. This method won't catch a player who's throwing invitations out like confetti but I think it would be more helpful than having the invitation lurk there like a disappointment trap when the player's already two-timing you.

Another enhancement could occur between users of 3DFibs. If an invite is sent to a 3DFibs user and the inviter issues a subsequent invitation elsewhere, the client of the first invitee could be sent a tell informing it to void that invitation.