Prize ideas

Started by burper, February 11, 2004, 02:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burper

OK, maybe my previous prize ideas were ill-conceived, but here is a thread where you can post ideas for other TB moderators. I'll get it started with a couple of my own, but again, I may not be the best person for this ;)

-FIBS T-shirts of course
-a little glory on the home page of this web site for an established regular tournament not already glorified on fibsleagammon, e.g. "Current TB weekly blitz winner: ____"
-burn a CD for them: theopencd.org (collection of best OSS), installable gnubg and other OS bg sw
-postcards (alef's idea)

JonJon

What about giving tourneybot some repbot points to confer upon winners of tourneys? Not a large amount, but something that might be worth playing for....

JJ

MadMatt

QuoteWhat about giving tourneybot some repbot points to confer upon winners of tourneys? Not a large amount, but something that might be worth playing for....

JJ
If by that you mean TourneyBot automatically vouching for the winner of a tourney, that's not going to happen for several reasons.
MadMatt
----------

TourneyBot Website

webrunner

Maybe we should create a money-bot that acts as a bank.
We can create fibs money and we could create prices in fibs money.
With fibsmoney we can buy:
- fibs t-shirts
- fibs house (we need a real-estate-bot for that)
- fibs gifts (gift-shop bot)

and so on ....  sort of like monopoly

:lol:

Sorry.. just some weird idea.. i am in a funny mood...

Maybe what i am trying to say is that i think the whole debate on these prices is futile. The one price should be the honour of winning. Maybe even to get mentione in a winners hall of fame on the web.. but that is about it in my opinion.

Just my 2 cents...
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

alef

QuoteMaybe we should create a money-bot that acts as a bank.
We can create fibs money and we could create prices in fibs money.
With fibsmoney we can buy:
- fibs t-shirts
- fibs house (we need a real-estate-bot for that)
- fibs gifts (gift-shop bot)

An interesting idea! Firstly, what do we call this FIBS currency? Maybe FIB$?

For different FIBS tournaments you could win a certain number, perhaps FIB$1 for a quick TourneyBot 1ptr blitz and up to FIB$25 for winning overall in a session of the League.

This might take some organizing and generosity, but I bet we can find some donated gifts for your FIB$:
-T-shirts (of course!)
-Secondhand bg books, dice, etc from Fibsters
-New bg books, software from publishers during promotions

I'm sure we could get some donated membership prizes from GammonVillage, GammOnLine, GamesGrid, TrueMoneyGames, etc...