News:

Free Competition --3 won copies of Bgblitz2Go details  here http://www.fibsboard.com/free-competition-win-bgblitz2go-p85

Main Menu

Gnubg games files

Started by mweimer, September 03, 2007, 05:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mweimer

Does anyone know where, in what directory, gnubg game files are stored?  I'm using the Windows version.  The settings are to save all games automatically.  I've done a search of my hard disk and can't find them anywhere.  Do I have to save them by hand after each game?

sixty_something

i've wondered the same thing .. seems as if something i read implied they were automatically saved, but i've looked too and can't find them .. i've created a sub-drectory called saved_matches in my gnu folder where i use the save button to store SGF files .. you can also set the default location for saved games to avoid having to find the directory each session

i'm just beginning to use the comment feature to add comments and hopefully share annotation with others for  selected games .. saving SGF files makes annotation not simply a waste of time
A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation. -- Unknown
e-mail me

nixo

On my Vista it is stored there C:\Users\nixo\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\gnubg

Whatever your windows version is try find the users data directory. Maybe is it working the same way.

Hope that helped