News:

Play our  New Fibsboard Position of the Week --> perhaps give your comments/reasons thx..here's the link  http://www.fibsboard.com/position-of-the-week/

Main Menu

The gag&blind bug

Started by kid4today, October 11, 2007, 04:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid4today

Does anyone have a work around for this bug? It's only started to happen to me the last couple of days (i'm on an intel imac btw) though i've seen other people say they have the problem too. it's very annoying.

If you have no idea what i'm talking about the problem is this, the cocoafibs client seemingly randomly gags and blinds other users. i say seemingly randomly as most of the time cocoafibs gags and blinds people as they log in but it doesn't always seem to work like that, sometimes it seems to just pick a user at random.

Any help would be much appreciated.

PolyphonicBrie

I've been using CocoaFIBS on an Intel Mac for a while now and haven't noticed this problem.

However, I never really used Gag or Blind anyway.  How can you tell in CocoaFIBS if someone is being Gagged and/or Blinded?

Cheerd
PB

kid4today

I have the terminal window open aswell and you can see when the client is gag&blinding people, also their names become greyed in the user list. that was how i first noticed, i wondered why some peoples names were in grey.

edit: i've downloaded the java version now, i actually prefer it, it's so much quicker than the cocoa client.

ergo

Quote from: kid4today on October 11, 2007, 04:19:36 PM
Does anyone have a work around for this bug? It's only started to happen to me the last couple of days (i'm on an intel imac btw) though i've seen other people say they have the problem too. it's very annoying.

I've been hit by this bug too. I did avoid using gag&blind since then. Today I've looked into the code but couldn't find the problem. I couldn't even reproduce it while using CocoaFibs. So if you have a description how to reproduce the bug it would be very helpful.

Greetings ergo

socksey

Forget the bug and download JavaFibs.  It's the best client for now.   ;)

socksey

"Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible," -- Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895.