News:

howdy HNY 2023
just sorting out Fibsboard a bit basically archiving it & updating the software to protect the database

let me know of any problems/ideas thx

should be easier to view on mobile devices now that's it's a more responsive design

Main Menu

Lecture bot

Started by webrunner, October 14, 2007, 05:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webrunner

The other day I registered on the FICS (Free Internet Chess Server) just to have a look at what they are up to.
I was pleasently surprized at all the bots and features they are having. I think a lot of them will be very interesting for Fibs.

F.i. the lecture bot that gives a lecture about certain tactics together with example gameplay. If you want to read the lecture you just watch the bot like you would watch someone else playing.

I will post some more ideas from that server here soon.

Since i am not an programming expert and no backgammon expert, i can't create this. So anyone who is interested in this, go ahead!  :laugh:
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

Tom

you could almost have kibitzers suggest moves and the bot could comment on them

The bot mechanics would not be too bad, what would be massive is the database of moves and comments.

Not to mention the "correct" comments! That discussion could take years for some positions!

tom

webrunner

Quote from: Tom on October 15, 2007, 02:07:18 PM
you could almost have kibitzers suggest moves and the bot could comment on them

The bot mechanics would not be too bad, what would be massive is the database of moves and comments.

Not to mention the "correct" comments! That discussion could take years for some positions!

tom

GnuBG could help there.
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

Tom

Quote from: webrunner on October 15, 2007, 10:41:33 PM
GnuBG could help there.
Yes with the moves, but the comments would take a while :)

webrunner

It gives comments now doesn't it?
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |