News:

Thx to our VIP donor/subscribers in 2012 cheers!
..thx Botchee, sixty, zorba, caleb, ettu, trrroglodyte, diane, aviator, r_monk ,captainmubbers,Tom roygbiv*, anonymous and yyy

Main Menu

Vouches from bots distorting reputations?

Started by StevenJAnderson, November 17, 2007, 10:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StevenJAnderson

Ok, first, I'm new here and I apologize in advance if this is a silly question that everybody already knows the answer to or doesn't much care about, but here goes.

Within the last hour I was monitoring shouts and saw someone mention a relatively new player named "bodri" who had a terrible reputation (negative 5 figures), 46 saved games and about 500 experience. So, just out of curiosity and to practice using the interface, I asked repbot about him. Here's what I got.

You: ask bodri
RepBot: bodri's reputation is 1874(GOOD) (46 saved games)
You: list bodri
RepBot: bodri complainers: [andylear*, babson*, brl, D_D, diane*, kamikaze*, melquiades*, Prae*, riggstreet*, SleepyBeauty*] vouchers: [gBOTcasualplayer, GbotEGOIST, gBOTworldclass,
Jean_le_Joueur, WhiteRain] complaints: [] vouches: [] (46 saved games)

Also:

Last login: Saturday, November 17 15:31 EST from netpont.ro
Last logout: Saturday, November 17 16:21 EST
Not logged in right now.
Rating: 1512.87 Experience: 505

So how in the world does this player get vouches from bots? These bots have over 160,000 experience each, and if I understand properly how repbot works, the value of vouches is weighted by experience. How in the world do bots even decide who to give vouches to? Is it possible for a player to mistreat the entire FIBS community, find some way to curry favor with bots and get a positive reputation? Should vouches from bots be banned?

webrunner

Hmmmm... interesting point you got there!    :unsure:
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

StevenJAnderson

Also, please note that Jean_le_Joueur is a bot with over 200,000 experience and logs in from an IP at serverkompetenz.net, just like the gBOTS.

spielberg

Also note that though the vouches are weighted by the exp of the player making them this is up to a maximum of 10,000.

adrian

The proper action for the bots logging in from servercompetenz.net would be to complain against anyone who drop them and vouch for anyone that finishes the matches with them. This is fair , isn`t it?
Anyway, this childish bot vouch war is funny and raises blood in a lot of nutheads.  :laugh:
Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.

Ramses

Afaik these bots are vouching you for resuming a match. But i think bots shouldnt be allowed to vouch at all .

StevenJAnderson

In the interest of completeness and full disclosure I'm going to list all the vouches and complaints from bots that I know of and can find.

RepBot: MonteCarlo has no complaints.
RepBot: MonteCarlo has no vouches.
RepBot: MonteCarlo has 67 saved games.
RepBot: Note: MonteCarlo is a bot.

RepBot: bonehead's complaints: alpaca, burper, donzaemon, evilomlap, FamousFries, fri*, gaspar*, gnaisse, Hockey_Nite, Iceborg, jackdaddy, jechu, jonjon, mocca, rdd, toiboiii, zyxtcba,
RepBot: bonehead's vouches: alexandros, Biggles_two, brl, cloud_one_four_nine, CornCob, davide, fimo*,griff*, houtx, Humanutan, jasonj*, jkings, jrham*, KATO, Macgammon, maria, noodle, oscar, philouCH, Ral, Shuggie_II, souptree, spielberg, vegas_vic, webrunner
RepBot: bonehead has 118 saved games.
RepBot: Note: bonehead is a bot.

RepBot: gBOTworldclass's complaints: Aldus, alef, boolbool, burper, CaveRat, DeaDice, egali, Epimetheus, gammon_gangsta, inim, Jynwoq, poppy_moon, secos, Sequit, Sinderbot, Sinderbox, sokobi, titanic, TOURIST, truckergirl
RepBot: gBOTworldclass's vouches: estavon, gatvell, pointless, theDude, uzalla
RepBot: gBOTworldclass has 60 saved games.
RepBot: Note: gBOTworldclass is a bot.

RepBot: gBOTexpert's complaints: Aldus, alef, bigdani*, boolbool, burper, CHill, Cleona, DeaDice, dpan, gooddognigel, HolzBG, inim, krautlover, Merlin, piter, pogahs, Ripa, rossa, Sequit, Sinderbot, Sinderbox, Sunshiney, tato, truckergirl
RepBot: gBOTexpert's vouches: easyrider, uzalla, voucher
RepBot: gBOTexpert has 58 saved games.
RepBot: Note: gBOTexpert is a bot.

RepBot: gBOTadvanced's complaints: Aldus, alef, boolbool, breadfruit, burper, DeaDice, eddy, Fibs_Champ, Gioconda, inim, Jack_Shit, kiscokid, krautlover, midge, osh, sam_at_perth, secos, Sequit, Sinderbot, Sinderbox, Sunshiney, Tallywhacker, themysticone, truckergirl, Wicker
RepBot: gBOTadvanced's vouches: charlottee, EmBee, Mango_lichi, uzalla, voucher
RepBot: gBOTadvanced has 46 saved games.
RepBot: Note: gBOTadvanced is a bot.

RepBot: gBOTbeginner's complaints: Aldus, alef, august, bigdani, boolbool, breadfruit, burper, DeaDice, GammonGuy, inim, Janket, knut, kondork, maurilo, Miccimalou, Norlan, pogahs, quantock, Rital, Sequit, Sinderbot, Sinderbox, Sunshiney, taylor, truckergirl
RepBot: gBOTbeginner's vouches: Mango_lichi, njofra, poppy_moon, uzalla
RepBot: gBOTbeginner has 65 saved games.
RepBot: Note: gBOTbeginner is a bot.

RepBot: gBOTintermediate's complaints: alef, bigdani, boolbool, burper, change*, cornhusker, DeaDice, heather, inim, mgfowler, Peanut_Butter, secos, shadowcaster, shccot, Sinderbot, Sinderbox, sokobi, steaua, Sunshiney, Tallywhacker, themysticone, warrenburrowes
RepBot: gBOTintermediate's vouches: limb, lobogringo, owsialex, uzalla, voucher
RepBot: gBOTintermediate has 38 saved games.
RepBot: Note: gBOTintermediate is a bot.

RepBot: gBOT's complaints: Aldus, alef, basta, burper, cassandra, DeaDice, frittenforke, Gioconda, inim, JCKY, PHunter, RiceKrispies, rinit, secos, shadowcaster, Sinderbot, Sinderbox, sombra, Trilli, truckergirl, twin, vegasvic
RepBot: gBOT's vouches: ciccione, Mango_lichi, nauthiz, owsialex, QuintacolumnistA, RepBot, tatoloria, uzalla
RepBot: gBOT has 53 saved games.
RepBot: Note: gBOT is a bot.

RepBot: GbotEGOIST's complaints: _scardy_, Akkam, Aldus, alef, bigdani, breadfruit, burper, cactus_sedientus, DeaDice, dorbel, dpan, Ebenezer, hibee, inim, Ironhead, jmtweb, micktricks, oskgrr, secos, Sequit, Sinderbot, Sinderbox, sokobi, star, tato, truckergirl
RepBot: GbotEGOIST's vouches: marker
RepBot: GbotEGOIST has 61 saved games.

RepBot: gBOTcasualplayer's complaints: alef, boolbool, burper, DeaDice, frittenforke, gammon_gangsta, inim, IvarTheBoneless, Jack_Shit, njofra, petethehat, RepBot, RiceKrispies, Sequit, Sinderbot, sokobi, sombra, Sunshiney, truckergirl, warrenburrowes
RepBot: gBOTcasualplayer's vouches: FalcoPeregrinus, marker, owsialex, Rauschbeere
RepBot: gBOTcasualplayer has 53 saved games.
RepBot: Note: gBOTcasualplayer is a bot.

RepBot: Jean_le_Joueur's complaints: Aldus, alef, bigdani, burper, DeaDice, gyaku_tsuki, HolzBG, inim, JohnZorn, midge, rinit, roderick, ruma, sgueth, Sinderbot, Sinderbox, SixBix, Sunshiney, truckergirl
RepBot: Jean_le_Joueur's vouches: Dirty_Sanchez, owsialex, uzalla
RepBot: Jean_le_Joueur has 48 saved games.
RepBot: Note: Jean_le_Joueur is a bot.

Note that the lion's share of complaints from bots are not against players with whom they have saved games and the vouches are so few that they couldn't possibly reflect a policy of vouching for everyone who resumes. Furthermore, why should a player who resumes be any more entitled to a vouch than a player who finishes without dropping in the first place? Also, bonehead actually vouches for four players with whom he (it?) has saved games.

I see that the vouches for bodri have been withdrawn since I first posted here, but I think this issue goes further than a single player's reputation.

socksey

I, for one, would just ignore the bots complaints and vouches.  I look at the players vouches who I know to decide how I view a reputation.   ;)

socksey

People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them. - Dave Barry

burper

10 bots controlled from 1 human can swing a reputation 100k at the whim of that human,
but remember that 1 fibster (with 10k+ experience) can have the same cumulative effect right back by complaining on all 10 bots.

If you use the friends feature, and do not vouch for said bots, their effect becomes zero.