News:

Try the New Recent Posts Link available above Recent Topics on the Front Page

Main Menu

rules

Started by burper, February 12, 2004, 04:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burper

I started a checklist for rules a moderator may want to consider for their tourney in another thread, but I thought it deserved it's own.

-minimum reputation and/or experience

-start time limit, typically 10 mins for a flash tourney, from time of availability, or from time that your opponent complains to the TD, or that the TD notices. message all parties with the 'date' command output.

-move time limit. I really hope we don't have to get into this, but I'll put it here for completeness.

-players must not blind or gag any of the TD at any time during their participation in the tournament (from registration to elimination or finish of the championship).

-all decisions of the TD are final and not subject to debate. (for me, I go with reputation as a tie-breaker in making these decisions.)

-crawford rule on

-allowpips on

jinnate

Quote-all decisions of the TD are final and not subject to debate. (for me, I go with reputation as a tie-breaker in making these decisions.)

why not subject to debate? or do you just mean, no big shouting and carrying-on about a td decision?

Quote-start time limit, typically 10 mins for a flash tourney, from time of availability, or from time that your opponent complains to the TD, or that the TD notices. message all parties with the 'date' command output.

i'd suggest that the time limit be shorter - 7 or 8 minutes - and i'd suggest that it start the same time as the round started.

Quote-move time limit. I really hope we don't have to get into this, but I'll put it here for completeness.

i'd agree that it needs to be there for completeness. unsure how long each move should take. i think it should be up to the discretion of the tourney mod, who can note if only some moves are taking longer or if a player is consistently moving slow.

Quote-minimum reputation and/or experience

i'm willing to work with newbies, and would want to be able to include them as a rule. i'm also more willing to work with troublemakers (maybe that will change as i run more tourneys), so i'm also not so keen on seeting hard and fast rules about min rep/exp.