News:

happy holidays! take your board to the beach!

Main Menu

Premium version?

Started by mmenz, January 01, 2008, 01:27:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmenz

Is there a premium registration fee that we can pay so that the ad popup at the end goes away?

webrunner

That would be a good idea.
It should also have some extra features though ;)
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

Tomawaky

Sorry to say that but, for me It is the fact that you added such advertising which was not a good idea.
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

adrian

It is NOT something you must click on! It is NOT something that fills your screen and you can`t do anything for 1 minute, it is NOT something that hijacks your browser or modify registry. This is definitely NOT the worse thing Maareyes has ever done.

Thx for 3dfibs, it is nice, still some more features to be added (or withdrawed..), just lose the proxy pls! :yes:
Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.

webrunner

Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

mmenz

He's gotta be paid for his efforts somehow.  I was just wondering if there was some way of developing a premium version that we could pay for that has the ads stripped away.

Quote from: Tomawaky on January 02, 2008, 08:18:15 PM
Sorry to say that but, for me It is the fact that you added such advertising which was not a good idea.

tucsonAZ

I created 3dfibs for my own pleasure and I am happy to share it with everyone else. NO direct payment in necessary. You don't have to click on the ad. Just think of it as a "are you sure you want to exit" dialog. Thanks to everyone that has helped with bug reports, complimentary emails and friendly chats on fibs expressing favorable sentiments.

I will be working on some of the Vista specific bugs and other known issues in the next update wheneve that may be. There is a bug that requires a refresh when player is on the bar and opponint is bearing off.
This is difficult to fix because i cannot reproduce the fault easily to track it down. 

I enjoy 3dfibs myself and I am quite happy with how it looks at the moment. Especially the full screen. There are some bugs with the toolbar windows in full screen mode sometimes getting resized as a large window when changing boards but once it is resized to just the toolbar showing, it works good.  When the mouse is inside the board the other clutter disappears. Here are a couple of my favorite backgrounds. To make your own background, find a picture from one of the many "windows wallpaper" sites online or any other picture you already have, and save it into your program files 3dfibs (backgrounds) folder. YOu can then select it from the list at the bottom right of the screen. Move the mouse off the board to see the toolbar, score and kibitz window.

Happy New Year everybody  :thumbsup2:

adrian

Quote from: adrian on January 02, 2008, 08:41:39 PM
just lose the proxy pls! :yes:

To anybody who may be concerned:

I used a traffic analyzer with an embedded trojan while playing and using 3dfibs. This is how I got to post the above. No proxies, just my mystake.

The rest of the post stands.

Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.

socksey

Can you use settings to eliminate the popups?

socksey

If all my friends jumped off a cliff, I wouldn't jump with them.  I'd be at the bottom to catch them. - unknown

tucsonAZ

Quote from: socksey on January 06, 2008, 12:42:20 PM
Can you use settings to eliminate the popups?

socksey

If all my friends jumped off a cliff, I wouldn't jump with them.  I'd be at the bottom to catch them. - unknown

You can use the "ignore/(gag)" menu on the player list to disable chat popups like those generated by tourneybot. Is that the popups you are referring to?

Tom

Quote from: tucsonAZ on January 06, 2008, 03:30:00 PM
You can use the "ignore/(gag)" menu on the player list to disable chat popups like those generated by tourneybot. Is that the popups you are referring to?

No need to make special features if it is just something dealing with tourneybot... I am open to suggestions to make it better...

Now if the tell popups are a general annoyance to all players that is a different situation...

tom

socksey

QuoteIs that the popups you are referring to?

No, when I refer to popups, I am speaking of advertising only, either here or with any shared interface.  I thought someone else did when they were asking for a premium version.   :ohmy:  I have no complaints with my 3DFibs version.   :)  It would be nice to have the features I requested long ago somewhere on this board.   :laugh:

socksey

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is." ââ,¬â€œ Anonymous

webrunner

I have two wide-screen laptops and i have to say that the fullscreen option looks pretty terrible on those  :unsure:
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

tucsonAZ

Quote from: webrunner on January 09, 2008, 10:28:51 AM
I have two wide-screen laptops and i have to say that the fullscreen option looks pretty terrible on those  :unsure:

The board may appear off-center if the background picture is larger or smaller than the screen size. Or is it something else? 

webrunner

That is it, and also i don't care for the dissapearing screens and menu.. but that is personal.
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

Billwinkle

There is a simple way to make that popup not be a bunch of advertisements.
I created a nice exit.html file with accompanying image to replace it. :thumbsup2:
You can download it at:
www.billwinkle.org/3dfibs/
free free free, cuz I like to be a good FiBs citizen    :yes:
--
Billwinkle D. Moose