News:

Become a VIP .....appreciate Fibsboard? don't like ads, Y not http://www.fibsboard.com/donate.php

Main Menu

JavaFIBS Development - Bugs or minor enhancements?

Started by Tom, January 19, 2008, 01:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

There are more recent versions of Java..I am sure we are up to 1.7..something. The good news is that with those versions, you dont have the disappearing checker problem - the bad is that the text wrap function is up the wall again...
Never give up on the things that make you smile

paulie

Quote from: diane on January 20, 2014, 01:39:42 AM
There are more recent versions of Java..I am sure we are up to 1.7..something. The good news is that with those versions, you dont have the disappearing checker problem - the bad is that the text wrap function is up the wall again...

Well I was keeping this current version because more recent versions break an old piece of software that I used to use a lot.  I don't use it much any more, so I guess I'll upgrade to the latest version of JRE and see if that helps.
I try to avoid experience; most experience is bad.   -Wilde

paulie

Quote from: diane on January 20, 2014, 01:39:42 AM

I upgraded to the latest JRE and the checker problem still exists.

diane

That is odd - how about the text wrapping? I definitely haven't seen the disappearing checker in the last few versions..
Never give up on the things that make you smile

paulie

Quote from: diane on January 26, 2014, 09:49:08 PM
That is odd - how about the text wrapping? I definitely haven't seen the disappearing checker in the last few versions..

I haven't noticed anything wrong with text wrapping.  Where is the text wrapping problem showing up?  Anyway, I've given up and gone to Fibzilla.

Polaris

Hi all  :)

I still have the disappearing checker from time to time, but another problem happened to me a couple of time. Sometimes i can't start JAVA FIBS. I have the image of the green lizard appearing with the text "JAVA FIBS 2001. Loading" but that stays at that point.

I have to kill the task in the task manager (javaw.exe*32) to try and restart it. I updated JAVA, but it does not help.

When this happen, i have to go to the folder JAVAFIBS2001/user. It contains one file (last user) and one folder "Polaris" with the list of friends, matches etc .. 

I have to delete the file "last user", and then I can start JAVA FIBS, but my list of friends is gone and I have to add them again manually  :wacko:

I have no idea why this problem happen. last time I desinstalled and reinstalled the software but it did not help  :cry:

Any help (or compassion) is welcome  :blush:

Thanks