News:

click the little + - buttons to customise your Fibsboard (unclick them sometimes to see what you're missing :)

Main Menu

JavaFIBS Development - New Features needed

Started by Tom, January 19, 2008, 01:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LuzerBot

It would be great if JavaFIBS would use my playername when saving match logs instead of You.

It saves matches with the filename You_vs_Opponents Name, and in the match file instead of using my playername it also just says You.

I use ExtremeGammon to analyse matches and because of the way JavaFIBS saves the matches it puts me on the top of the board when showing the match so that I am bearing off at the top right instead of the bottom right which makes everything upside down and backward to the way it is when playing.

In order to fix that I have to use a file renamer first and rename the match file and change the You_ to LuzerBot_vs_Opponent Name for each game / match and then I have to use Notepad to open each file and use Find / Replace to change  the You_ to LuzerBot_ everywhere it shows up in the match.

Then ExtremeGammon displays the match the way it was actually played.

I hope it is a simple thing to make it save the matches using my playername instead of You. Seems it should be since it gets the Opponent Name with no problem.

Please change this  :cool:   :thumbsup2:

LuzerBot

It would be FANTASTIC if JavaFIBS could automagically show an inviters savedgame count and rep when they invite you to play.
That would save having to click on programmable buttons and wait for a result. Some players don't give you enough time to do that before they cancel the invite.

Something like this would be wonderful:

Luzerbot invites you to a 3 point match
Luzerbot has 8 saved games
Luzerbot's reputation is 842 ( good )

Luzerbot's Client is JavaFIBS 2001
Luzerbot's Host is 158.0.32.1 cox.net

If JavaFIBS could also auto-display the Client and Host it would help to identify phone users too.
All that info is available. Why bother with programmable buttons to click on to get it? Make it automagic.

Would that be possible?

KissMyAss

Quote from: RobertFontaine on December 25, 2010, 09:26:38 AM
I've got a feature request :)

A gnubg or extremegammon position code that we can cut and paste.
Sometimes when I'm watching a match I say "Hey, there's a really interesting position, but short of taking a printscreen of it, I don't have a quick way of saving the position."   If javafibs let me copy/paste the equivalent position code from one of our favourite software vendors (or both) then it would be easy for me to take those,  "gee I wonder if that was right" of for further study.

.... never mind I see I can save it as a jellyfish pos and then import it.   Not as direct but not worth a new feature.  my oops.

I have an acer emachine laptop, which has a programme in it called a Snipping Tool.   I use it a lot, so am getting pretty good at selecting it from the start menu, click dragging a rectangle on screen of whatever i'm looking at, and it saves that rectangular portion of the screen as a HTML, PNG, GIF, or JPEG file, to wherever you select to save it to.  Was just wondering if that could possibly help you if you have it.  Recently I used it in a webcam chat with someone, to take 'pictures' of them.  With their knowledge of course.  So with practise I am sure you could use it to take pictures of a gammon board reasonably quickly.   I don't know too much technical stuff, but when I read your post, I thought of the Snipping Tool.  :)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."  -  Bilbo Baggins (at his 111th Birthday party)

KDP

try fibzilla, it saves the matches with your and your opponents name not "you" and whoever.  also when you get an invite, you get : the players name, rating, match length they want to play, repbot rep and # of saved games.  with javafibs when you get an invite you have to take a few extra seconds to manually get that last bit of information.  also with fibzilla it tells  you what client they are using so if you dont want to play phone users, you again dont have to go searching for that information.

http://www.fibzilla.com/

personal preferences, the boards are bigger and provide a better contrast that what ive been able to get in javafibs.

LuzerBot

I've used fibzilla but don't like it as well as javafibs. I will check and see if there is a newer version than what I have though.

Hopefully it will be a simple thing to change how the matches are saved and the programmers will agree that it would be a good idea to change how javafibs saves the games.

Course, I can come up with all kinds of ideas ---- I'm not the one who has to do the work to make them come true  ;)

careca

Quote from: Krazula on May 25, 2011, 01:32:19 AM
I'd like programmable buttons to be able to complete multiple commands with one button. Example "tell repbot list %INVITER", "tell repbot ask %INVITER", and "show savedcount %INVITER" all with the click of one button. Another example "tell %PLAYER Hello, would you like a match?" and "Invite %PLAYER 5" with the click of one button.
:cool:

Hi there, yes, if one gets to build new version, then please include such concatenation of commands for:

1) programmable buttons
2) command line

Thnks!

socksey

Quote from: LuzerBot on July 19, 2011, 10:46:57 PM
I've used fibzilla but don't like it as well as javafibs. I will check and see if there is a newer version than what I have though.

Hopefully it will be a simple thing to change how the matches are saved and the programmers will agree that it would be a good idea to change how javafibs saves the games.

Course, I can come up with all kinds of ideas ---- I'm not the one who has to do the work to make them come true  ;)

Have you tried a free version of Gnu for analyzing your matches?

There is a thread on programmable buttons that is very helpful:  http://www.fibsboard.com/javafibs/programmable-button-suggestionshelp/

Sadly, javafibs is no longer being developed.  Someone may take up the chore if they can.  :)

socksey

We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude. - Cynthia Ozick

Ragtime

it would be nice to be able to set the messages background windows and text color.

I'd like a black (dark) background, as it is in other apps.

All that white is distracting and after a while your eyes get fried...