News:

thx diane, jeeves Caleb sixty Zorba  Linus & jackdaddy Tom  Michael r_monk Anonymous  Jade & roygbiv*  our 2013 donors..cheers! we will really need Help this year as i think we will need a better Host server

Main Menu

Cube 101 - Cube at 2 away?

Started by sixty_something, January 25, 2008, 12:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixty_something

this position occurred in the finals of a late night fnTourney between RickrinSF (red) and me (white) .. we both thought we made the right decision, one of us did the other a big blunder

one vote per user .. results of the poll are shown only after you have voted

you may enter the ID's below into GNU or Snowie to evaluate your answer after you've voted, unless you'd like to pretend you have a 2000+ rating  :dry: if you are just too curious about the correct response, see the txt file for GNU's analysis after you've voted

Position ID: Z/YMAAzhdgcBBg    Match ID: cAlgAAAACAAA

The forceps of our minds are clumsy forceps, and crush the truth a little in taking hold of it.
-- H. G. Wells , 1903 English author, historian, & utopian (1866 - 1946)
A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation. -- Unknown
e-mail me

Tomawaky

No Cube for me.  :blink:
Tell me it is not a cube  ;)
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

adrian

I also lured the fish and ended with the bait in my mouth.  :yes:
Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.

Tom

Correct me if I am wrong, you should never (ok very rarely) offer the cube when you are up 2a-3a

It changes the dynamics from you being ahead to winner take all.

Tom

webrunner

"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

blitzxz

"Correct me if I am wrong, you should never (ok very rarely) offer the cube when you are up 2a-3a"

You should double in big race lead with no contact (except anchor). And then it's almost always pass. But in this position there is still contact so, no cube. That's my rule. Correct me someone if I'm wrong.