What does it take to global ban a player?

Started by JonJon, February 18, 2004, 02:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonJon

...and what should the rules be pertaining to banning a player from your individual tourneys?

I've noticed some real troublemakers and whiney brats insulting theTDs in shouts because they didn't like a ruling made by the TD. I don't think thats enough for a global ban, but it surely is enough to ban a player from an individual TD's tourney. My feeling is that a TD should be allowed to ban whomever he/she wants to from their tourneys, which is the way it seems to be. Good for that.

There should however be a nomination process for a player getting a global ban. And we should start using them so as to make an impression on players that foolishness willnot be tolerated. No insulting the TD's, and no disrupting tournaments. If we catch you lying about a player refusing to join, then you're banned. Maybe for a specific period of time, or maybe just for good. Or maybe three strikes you're out or something like that.

You know?

Just my thoughts. What do you other TD's think?

JJ

MadMatt

Personally, I think that if they lie to you about their opponent refusing to join, it merits a global ban immediately. The ban might be revoked after several weeks if their behaviour improves.

Note that I think your evidence should be solid though before you ban.
MadMatt
----------

TourneyBot Website