Cube 112 - Cube from off the bar?

Started by rubreg, February 06, 2008, 01:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rubreg

This position came up in the final of last week's Bloody Mary Sunday Special between moyang (white) and pck (red).

If the board image does not appear in the question above, you may view it in the attached PNG file below.

one vote per user .. results of the poll are shown after you have voted

then, open the text file below for a copy of the GNUbg analysis or you may enter the ID's below into GNUbg or Snowie to evaluate your answer:

Position ID: G64HEBiz7QAEQw   Match ID: MAGgAAAACAAA

--> Thanks to sixty_something for starting this problem series - highly interesting and very educational for newbies like myself.

For every action there is an equal but opposite government program.
-- Isaac Newton, almost.

sixty_something

good one, rubreg

the style rubreg used in posting this problem is one that works pretty well, imho .. it evolved after a long series of posts with lots of help from rubreg .. you can see that evolution in the thread posting a problem was a problem .. it is not necessarily the best style, but seems to be the best we've come across to date .. i'll summarize the steps necessary to do this and pin it as a topic later when i have a little more time, but the basics are all there in that thread for now

for others enjoying this series of problems, please put up any situation you run across that looks interesting .. either use this style, or create one of your own as blitzxz did (he asked me to modify his original to this style, but his ASCII board, a universal style, worked well) .. even just the Position and Match ID's would be enough for us to export to GNUbg or Snowie

so, if you run across an interesting situation and don't feel like or don't understand how to post it as a problem, i'd be delighted to help you get it posted and send you a copy of the coding required which is a little confusing at first, but rather easy once understood .. just leave me a message here or send me an email to my addy below

Spoiler
i got this one right!!! but cubing off the bar in an actual game setting is much harder than seeing it as a problem .. i suppose the trick to using these problems as a learning tool is to "see" actual game situations with the same eye
[close]

thanks again, rubreg, for the good problem and great tips on creating this style

The aggressive spirit, the offensive, is the chief thing everywhere in war, and the air is no exception.
-- Baron Manfred von Richthofen ("Red Baron") (1892â€"1918)
{hmmm, dead at 26? heed his advise with caution)
A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation. -- Unknown
e-mail me