News:

howdy HNY 2023
just sorting out Fibsboard a bit basically archiving it & updating the software to protect the database

let me know of any problems/ideas thx

should be easier to view on mobile devices now that's it's a more responsive design

Main Menu

"Small Annoyance"

Started by spielberg, February 16, 2008, 07:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spielberg

Quote from: SoSoSo on February 16, 2008, 12:46:45 PM
I use CocoaFibs and love it for the most part.  One small annoyance is when you invite someone, sometimes the names of the players move up or down, and you end up inviting someone else.  This can get quite frustrating on busy days.  My suggestion is to improve this feature, but I don't know how. 

burper

I know what you mean.

Maybe players only move position when the user specifically re-sorts or filters.
If a player logs off, the spot becomes available.
If the user disconnects otherwise, they turn gray and fade over 10 seconds, after which the spot becomes available.
If you are filtering by status (playing/ready/away), then uninteresting players shift to the right, but do not move vertically.

Or something...
Maybe a full blown second-life interface would best. :) I would keep the same avatar as I have here.

SoSoSo

Maybe once you double click on a players name, it should stay there.  Meaning, it should follow the name whether it moves up or down.