News:

controversial "other online games" Board introduced --GO, Poker, Scrabble and gosh even Chess.....let me know :)

Main Menu

Fibs League Master's 2007 Final

Started by dorbel, February 21, 2008, 08:24:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dorbel

This match will start on Sunday 24th February at 1800UTC. The format will be best of three nine point matches.
Peggels from Germany qualified in 11th place from the 2007 order of merit and fought his way to the final by defeating don (USA)2-1, Rourke (New Zealand)2-0 and lastly mradica (Croatia)in the semi-final by 2-1. After losing the first match 9-0, Peggels levelled the tie with a 9-6 win to set up a classic last match. This came down to 8-8 with mradica needing 5-2 on the last roll to win,  the closest finish possible. Out popped a 4-1 and Peggels was through.
Dorbel (United Kingdom) qualified in 4th place for the 12 player finals. He had a bye in the first round and edged past Slipshod (USA)2-1 in the second. In the semi-final he beat team mate BushSucks (Germany) by 2-0 after taking a fairly clear pass and reshipping an 8 cube in the final game!
The final will we hope be exciting and make good watching, so watchers are very welcome. Thanks as ever to fibsleague Supremo Tomawaky for providing the league that we all enjoy so much and thanks to mradica for designing this inaugural seasonal finale.
Enjoy the match!

Tomawaky

Good report Dorbel  :cool:
That's make me happy to see all the way that we walked all together since the first time I though about making my own competition, after the Gammonquest ran is first and last tournament. I hope the road is still long enough to go on and still walk for a while with you : My BG friends  :wub:
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

mradica

Thanks dorbel for good words about 1st FibsLeaGammon Masters which is made for 12 best players in 2007 FLG sessons. For 2008 season we have intention to held at first time, consolation Masters as well, which will be made for those players who are between 13th and 24th places on Masters list and missed to qualified for main Masters.
Format for such tournament will be the same as for main Masters but matches will be 5 pointers, instead 9 pointers. We hope that players will be glad about such tourney and will readily participate.

don

Thanks dorbel.

I think this means noon for US pacific coast on Saturday, and I hope to watch the match.

Good luck to both!

--
don
So many string dimensions, so little space time...

dorbel

Pacific time is actually 8 hours behind UTC.