News:

check out the backgammon problems...http://www.fibsboard.com/backgammon-problems/
y not post a position yourself - help is available on posting with pics and spoiler

Main Menu

The famous 10K. Change RepBot!!!!

Started by don, February 22, 2008, 07:53:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

don

It seems RepBot has become an integral part of FIBS.  In fact, it has a section in the CLIP (http://www.fibs.com/fibs_interface.html) protocol that defines GUI behavior.  Since this is now a given, some obvious steps should be taken to reduce the 10K flame, the lowering of someone's rating by multiple complaints, and the most obvious place to start is where the 10K comes from a single user:

• vegasvic shouts: RepBot says: boog's reputation is -10000(BAD) (no saved games)

• RepBot says: boog's reputation is -10000(BAD) (no saved games)

• RepBot says: boog complainers: [vegas_vic, vegasvic] vouchers: [gBOT] complaints: [] vouches: [] (no saved games)
As you can see, a single user with two ID's has complained to RepBot, then used the 20K reduction in rating as source for a flame.

If RepBot is to be the part of FIBS that it aspires to be, it must be possible to remove these multiple complaints from the same user.  From a programmer's point of view, it's simple:  Keep a list of abusers.  From FIBS' point of view, there has to be a forum, a complaint process, to identify these users.

--
don
So many string dimensions, so little space time...

spielberg

I disagree and see little need to check the validity of vouches/complaints.
An enhancement I would love is the addition of "t repbot friends# NAME" where the bot would return the rating number given by my friends' cumulative actions.

burper

Quote from: don on February 22, 2008, 07:53:02 AM
It seems RepBot has become an integral part of FIBS.
[snip]
If RepBot is to be the part of FIBS that it aspires to be...
[snip]

--
don

Fumbling with your words again don? So which is it, integral, or aspiring? lol

Actually, resh had a better word than integral: "viral". Much more accurate.
And if you think it needs to aspire to anything after  more than 6 years, and several failed attempts by FIBS admin herself to be rid of it in spite of its' success, then you are deluding yourself....again. I know its' jealousy at play, since RepBot gets more attention than you.

Improving RepBot is like improving the weather. Everyone seems to talk about it, but noone does anything about it.

maria

Quote from: don on February 22, 2008, 07:53:02 AM
It seems RepBot has become an integral part of FIBS.  In fact, it has a section in the CLIP (http://www.fibs.com/fibs_interface.html) protocol that defines GUI behavior.  Since this is now a given, some obvious steps should be taken to reduce the 10K flame, the lowering of someone's rating by multiple complaints, and the most obvious place to start is where the 10K comes from a single user:As you can see, a single user with two ID's has complained to RepBot, then used the 20K reduction in rating as source for a flame.

If RepBot is to be the part of FIBS that it aspires to be, it must be possible to remove these multiple complaints from the same user.  From a programmer's point of view, it's simple:  Keep a list of abusers.  From FIBS' point of view, there has to be a forum, a complaint process, to identify these users.

--
don

When I do a RepBot list for boog, it looks like he's complained against him/herself.
Does anyon else see this?

spielberg

Quote from: maria on February 25, 2008, 02:22:05 AM
When I do a RepBot list for boog, it looks like he's complained against him/herself.
Does anyon else see this?

Yes ariam, what's more they're not the only one. Doesn't Fibs have some "interesting" characters?!