News:

Look into the LINKS section. Please add your favorite backgammon links.

Main Menu

FAQ

Started by MadMatt, February 20, 2004, 07:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadMatt

Hello folks, I created a little list of frequent questions. (It's linked from the home page as well).

If any of you TDs come across a question that's asked rather often, please let me know so I can include it. (Of course, if you can include the answer in that, it'd be great too!  ;)
)

Make sure to advertise it on FIBS, so you won't have to answer the same questions all the time!

Cheers,
MadMatt
----------

TourneyBot Website

webrunner

Why not post a faq topic here ?
I think more people will notice it.
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

MadMatt

QuoteThere should be an answer to "how do I use TourneyBot" for people that typically use GUI's and don't know how to initiate a chat with a non-ready player.
Well, there already is a Quickstart Guide at the home page that sort of answers that. However, I should probably add a section on how to chat with TourneyBot using different clients...  
MadMatt
----------

TourneyBot Website

MadMatt

QuoteWhy not post a faq topic here ?
I think more people will notice it.
This is it :D
MadMatt
----------

TourneyBot Website

JonJon

Here's some suggestions:

Q:Why am I not playing in the first round?

A:Obvious answer. You got a bye into the second round...and yadda yadda.

Q:HOw does tourneybot make the matchups? Is it based on rating or when you sign up or what?

A: I don't know the answer to this one.

Q:Is there a time limit on how long until my opponent joins me, and what can I do about an opponent who refuses and invitation?

A: Tourney directors have their own time limits, but usually there is about a 10 minute time limit. Report it to the tourney director who will start timing...yadda yadda

Q:When watching a tourney final match, why is it considered rude to kibitz with the players and other watchers?

A: Because it is rude. If you want to chat with the other watchers of the match, please use the 'whisper' mode. We don't want to disturb or interrupt the players in the championship match. Its just good manners to whisper.

When I think of some more Q's I'll post them here...

JJ

MadMatt

Good one JonJon, the one about the bye should definitely be put on the list ASAP.
MadMatt
----------

TourneyBot Website

MadMatt

I have updated the FAQ to explain about byes and the matchup calculation.
MadMatt
----------

TourneyBot Website