News:

bookmark Fibsboard to the front page for all the News http://www.fibsboard.com

Main Menu

GNUBG's problem?!

Started by PersianLord, March 01, 2008, 05:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PersianLord

Hi there. I

It seems that GNUBG causes some sort of problem in my PC. Tonight, my PC started to self-restart and after sometimes, a screen appeared that asked me to disable/remove any newly installed hardwar/software. I uninstalled GNUBG and now it seems that the problem is gone, at least temporarilly.

Do you have the same problem or may be I had mis-installed the software? Can a friend tell me how to properly install the program?!  :wacko:
The leftist's feelings of inferiority run so deep that he cannot tolerate any classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the rejection by many leftists of the concept of mental illness and of the utility of IQ tests.  - T.K

sixty_something

i had to re-install GNUbg due to a problem with importing games from FIBS .. this problem sounds more like an automatic restart perhaps caused by a Windows upgrade since installing GNUbg .. all i can suggest is to try re-installing GNUbg after a successful reboot
A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation. -- Unknown
e-mail me

spielberg

I'd be very surprised if it's gnubg that's causing your problem unless, perhaps you'd set it to autorun on pc startup? Even then it should do so without much trouble PROVIDED you allow it to run - are you running for example Windows Defender or a background anti-malware  (mamutu, Norton,Zone Alarm, Comodo et al) and that's stopping it running?

If you're running Norton I'd advise replacement btw - it is renowned for causing problems.