News:

Thx to our VIP donor/subscribers in 2012 cheers!
..thx Botchee, sixty, zorba, caleb, ettu, trrroglodyte, diane, aviator, r_monk ,captainmubbers,Tom roygbiv*, anonymous and yyy

Main Menu

I keep getting error messages when I try to use fibs :(

Started by xantippe, March 13, 2008, 03:25:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xantippe

Hi everyone.

I downloaded, and installed 4.0.28 from this location :
http://download-texas-holdem-poker.com/backgammon/download.html

when I try to connect, it looks like it is attempting to login, some text occur in the box in the bottom right corner, but then disapearing before I have a chance to read it, and then nothing happens.. and when I click connect again, I get a promt saying : Uknown Error Occured.

I then try to download the 3dfibs.exe 4.0.44 upgrade, and placing the file in the 3DFiBs folder, and then try to run the fibs client, then iI get this promt error right away : Error in load kibitz menu File not found.

Then I tryed a previous version, and first I had to download a list, and after patched, I tryed to connect, and same error occured, and I tryed to hit connect again, and same error, I then try again, just for fun, and this error apear :
Error in UpdatePlayerListWrong protocol or connection state for the requested transaction or request

Any suggestions ?, I have kinda given up :(

I am using windows XP btw.

Kind regards Xantippe

Tomawaky

Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

webrunner

Quote from: Tomawaky on March 13, 2008, 08:29:05 PM
Try this  :cool:
http://www.fibs.com/javafibs/
Tomawaky.. stop making these comments in the 3dfibs support forum please.
You are not helping with this.

@ Xantippe
first check if your firewall isn't ion the way.
The missing file-error should be solved if you create a file kibitz.txt in the 3dfibs folder.
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

xantippe

Quote from: webrunner on March 13, 2008, 09:37:32 PM

@ Xantippe
first check if your firewall isn't ion the way.
The missing file-error should be solved if you create a file kibitz.txt in the 3dfibs folder.

Hi webrunner, seems I was not registered at all ?, even though I got a mail confirming my registration. (?¿?¿)
So sorry for wasting your time, either way, thanks for your advice

Xantippe.

Tomawaky

Quote from: webrunner on March 13, 2008, 09:37:32 PM

It's just a way to tell new comers that there is not only one client to connect to fibs.
I has already answered to a players that feel Javafibs not good to test 3Dfibs.

Yes I think that Javafibs is the best interface. But you can ask all the players who I have asked me some questions about Fibs. I always indicate the Fibs connecting page with all the Fibs client possibility and you forum as reference.

I really don't think I do not help the fibs new comers and can't understand why you say this.
Yes this is the 3Dfibs support and what else ? Not permit to talk about others in such a topic ?

I think you really miss the point  :thumbdown:
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

webrunner

No i am not missing the point, i think you are.
This is a question about 3DFibs, no matter what you say can change that.

Maybe xantippe has already tried JavaFibs and didn't like it: you don't know that.
If she/he wants advice on what client to use she would ask a question about that but this was a specific 3dfibs question.
What if i answered every javafibsbsupport question with "use 3dfibs?".That wouldn't really help would it?

Your answer wasn't answer to the problem that was arised.
Of course you can "talk about others" but that is something different then the "flame" post you put here.

Now back on-topic :)

@Xantippe: registering on Fibsboard doesn't mean you are registered on the Fibs server.
Read here: http://www.fibsboard.com/play-backgammon-now-p10.html
(especially the second line).
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

inim

I see the same bug with versions .40 and .44. Downloading the savedgames list freezes 3dfibs.

P.S. The savedgames list and Patti's opinion on using it is subject to debate currently, see here
http://www.fibsboard.com/javafibs/repbotsavedgames-t1819.0.html;all=

I very much liked to hear about 3DFibs's position in that thread.
This space is available for rent by advertisers. Call 0900-INIMITE today, and see your sales skyrocketing in no time! New customers receive free Vl@9rå and a penis enlargement set as a bonus! We support banners, flash banners, and scrollers. Discrete handling by our HQ on the Dutch Antilles.

Hardy_whv

Quote from: inim on March 15, 2008, 01:53:43 PM
I see the same bug with versions .40 and .44. Downloading the savedgames list freezes 3dfibs.

On my computer, 3DFibs froze the first time, then I restarted 3DFibs, first started a game offline, and then connected to FIBS. This time 3DFibs connected without problems.

What bothered me most is, that after shutting down, I get a SPAM window, trying to connect me with Play65. Therefore I support Tomawaky's post here  B)

Hardy  ;)
Visit "Hardy's Backgammon Pages"

webrunner

No matter what.. there is never an excuse for an off-topic flame post Hardy, you as a forum moderator should know that. ;)
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |