News:

Thx to our VIP donor/subscribers in 2010 cheers! .....webrunner, stog, spielberg, jackdaddy, adrian, BallardBG, diane , anononymous , Zorba , sixty_something, ah_clem , kapiti , Drake ,aviator & r_monk

Main Menu

Repbot Player Reps in JavaFibs

Started by JonJon, February 25, 2004, 01:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonJon

There needs to be an easier way to see player reps in javafibs than having to tell repbot ask for each invitation you receive. I want an automated button or task or something that makes it easier and quicker to see an opponents repbot rep. Its too much of a hassle to determine if another player is worthy of a match by having to ask about each invitation, or each player before you invite them.

JJ

MadMatt

You could use a programmable button for this. That's what I do. It's easy, read the help section on it. It works like this:

select the player whose rep you want to check in the players list, then press the button and it sends tell RepBot ask player to FIBS.
MadMatt
----------

TourneyBot Website

burper

There's also %Inviter to use for checker the rep of the person inviting you.

Any other cool uses of the programmable buttons? Please post them here!

JonJon

I looked through the help section of both Java FIBS and Repbot and am still stumped. Could someone please give me explicit instructions on how to set up programmable buttons to check player reps for both inviters and invitees? I'm sure it would be a very worthy addition to this board.

JJ

burper

Setting up the button:
1) start javafibs
2) click on the "Preferences" menu
3) select the "Programmable Buttons..." menu option
4) in the "Programmable Buttons" dialog, type "tell repbot ask %Player"
5) in the pulldown box on the left, select the icon you want for the new button
6) click the "Add" button
7) click the "Ok" button

Using the button:
1) Select the Players tab
2) Select a player
3) click on the new button
4) view the results in the lower left text window

I tried to set one up for an %Inviter, but I couldn't get it to work :(
Hope this helps.

cthulhu

QuoteI tried to set one up for an %Inviter, but I couldn't get it to work :(
Hope this helps.
You must have made some small error, because you just have to exchange %Player for %Inviter for it to work.

alef

QuoteAny other cool uses of the programmable buttons? Please post them here!

tell %Player Sorry, you need more RepBot vouches (see www.fibsboard.com/repbot)

I use this button after declining invites from those with dubious reputations, and use the  :( icon.

burper

Hope this helps.
You must have made some small error, because you just have to exchange %Player for %Inviter for it to work.
I tried that, but it doesn't work for me.
I suppose you wait for an invitation, and then hit the button?
I get nothing

cthulhu

Hope this helps.
I tried that, but it doesn't work for me.
I suppose you wait for an invitation, and then hit the button?
I get nothing
Nah, you have to mark the person in the Invitation list you want to ask about also. There can appear more than one invitation there.

JonJon

tiepolo

Am on Javafibs MacOS X
I had the same problem and the I understood that the first "I" in the word inviter had to be CAPITAL. That does it

amarganth

Sometimes, the reputation isn't enough to "check" a person. So I've made another button with
tell RepBot list %Player
The list-command of repbot lists all
  • complainers to that person
  • vouchers to that person
  • complaints from that person
  • vouches from that person
This button isn't really "cool", but sometimes useful, cause some people use RepBot as a weapon against players.

My hint:
Do not only use the reputation-counter. Use sometimes also the list-function of RepBot.
To be is to do
          Sokrates
To do is to be
          Sartre
Do be do be do
          Sinatra