News:

bookmark Fibsboard to the front page for all the News http://www.fibsboard.com

Main Menu

I will run a new bracket Tournament

Started by Tomawaky, April 04, 2008, 06:42:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomawaky

I want to try another kind of format for this new one.
I mean for all round, to play for the best of five 5 points matches.

You can sign here chosing Spring.
(Not necessary to sign for the others actually)

I will run this tourney if there is at least 16 players.
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

myshlev

Hi Franck,
              For the format of this tournament, did you consider instead best of five 7-pointers, or even best of three 9-pointers? Since people are playing multiple matches in the same round, they will already be playing a large number of points against the same opponent so why not make the matches longer? If the format for this tournament is already set maybe for future tournaments you could poll people who have signed up to play a tournament to decide what the best format would be.
              On another topic, I remember signing up last July I think for all future tournaments including this Spring and I do not remember hearing of any of them being played. Were they all cancelled because not enough people had signed up to play?
          -Myshkin

Tomawaky

Right, only 5 players signed so the tourney is cancelled
I think about 3 best of 5 Pts matches because this is at least 15Pts played which is the length of the actual tourney.
I have heard about format in tourney with multiple matches rather than only one and I think it s interesting. So the best way is to try it   :wacko:. But it seems that I must concentrate only on league cause bracket tournament is not appreciated.
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."