News:

Play our  New Fibsboard Position of the Week --> perhaps give your comments/reasons thx..here's the link  http://www.fibsboard.com/position-of-the-week/

Main Menu

Shouting - or not shouting, as the case may be

Started by BearB, April 06, 2008, 09:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BearB

Hi there, it has been a life time since I was last on here, and am just trying to get back into the swing of things. When playing, using JavaFibs, I do not seem to be able to use the shout command, it comes up and says "** shouting has been disabled for you by the sysop."

Please can someone help me.

Thanks in advance.

B

maria

Quote from: BearB on April 06, 2008, 09:48:16 AM
Hi there, it has been a life time since I was last on here, and am just trying to get back into the swing of things. When playing, using JavaFibs, I do not seem to be able to use the shout command, it comes up and says "** shouting has been disabled for you by the sysop."

Please can someone help me.

Thanks in advance.

B

If you type "help shout" in your command line you will see that newbies have limited shouting.
Once your experience reaches a certain point, you will have unlimited shouting.
Hope this is of some help.
Welcome back.

BearB

amarganth

Hi all

After my login today, I got the message
    ** The shout command is not available for users from your site.

If I try to shout something, I got
    ** shouting has been disabled for you by the sysop.

I have more than 10'000 experience points.

What happened?
To be is to do
          Sokrates
To do is to be
          Sartre
Do be do be do
          Sinatra

amarganth

Patti has answered me:

QuoteSomeone from bluewin.ch has been severely spamming shouts.  He changes addresses often within bluewin.ch, so the only way I could shut him down was to block shouts from that site.
To be is to do
          Sokrates
To do is to be
          Sartre
Do be do be do
          Sinatra

adrian

Patti, I agree that sometimes it is not politically correct to point at who exactly the player is. I believe that the other reliable fibsters who log in from the same ISP can handle it and silence the idiot. They are much much closer to the source and can complain face to face to that ISP, so tell them (privately) who is the dumbass.
Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.