News:

"Fibsboard allows for more considered reading and response, whereas Fibs shout is a more intuitive interaction"

Main Menu

Monday's Gladiatorial Combats

Started by PersianLord, April 21, 2008, 09:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomawaky

If needed there is already many facilities for me to let you post the page you want at FLG with upload by your own.
And if necessary to develop some kind of features already present at FLG using database.
Ready to help for the install but not for the management but I will give any tool needed
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

PersianLord

Quote from: Tomawaky on April 22, 2008, 06:58:42 PM
If needed there is already many facilities for me to let you post the page you want at FLG with upload by your own.
And if necessary to develop some kind of features already present at FLG using database.
Ready to help for the install but not for the management but I will give any tool needed

Many thanks Tomawaky for the great offer. :thumbsup:

Now, we have 3 options available for hosting the tourney: Fibsboard, FLG and a separate webpage. I'll follow whatever the majority of fibsters choose.

Again thanks for the kind offer, Tomawaky  :thumbsup:
The leftist's feelings of inferiority run so deep that he cannot tolerate any classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the rejection by many leftists of the concept of mental illness and of the utility of IQ tests.  - T.K

PersianLord

I would like to surprise you all by announcing the kind acceptance of my suggestion by donzaemon:

Winners of MGC will be awarded by NACCI points!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

At the time being, I can't specify how many NACCI points will be awarded for various kinds of triumphs as I must consult donzaemon and ask his final verdict. But my suggestions are as follows:

1- weekly winners: 100 pts
2- monthly winners: 200 pts
3- yearly winners: 500 pts

So, other than pyramids, the fibsters can generate NACCI pts by particpating in MGC weekly tourneys. May one of them make it to the "Hall of Fame" of NACCI site!

Thus, EVERY potential particepant of the MGC, is strongly advised to have an account with donzaemon website.

Again many thanks to donzaemon for his kind acceptance to make MGC more fun.

Regards
The leftist's feelings of inferiority run so deep that he cannot tolerate any classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the rejection by many leftists of the concept of mental illness and of the utility of IQ tests.  - T.K

PersianLord

These are the final rules to be applied in MGC:

1- Format :         

Single elimination

2- Match length:

3-pt/7-pt

3- Limits:              

- Minimum rating: 1400
- Minimum experience: 1000

4-Tournament's schedule:

Every monday - 18:00 GMT . Registration for the next round begins after finishing the current round. (i.e. registration will be open for 7 days a week)

5- Tournaments directors:

Will be decided each week.

6- Delays and drops:

- Each player who logs off after registration in the tournament, or refuses the invitation of his/her opponent, will be given 5 minutes to start his/her match. If s/he fails to do so, a victory shall be awarded for his/her opponent.

- Exept for the final match, all the normal matches shall not exceed 45 mins. If so, the tournament director will award a win to the player who is the favorite.

- Every participant who drops connection 3 times during one match, shall be forfeited.

7- Bot-using issue

- Every participant who suspects of his opponent using a bot during his/her match, can send the match file in .mat format to tournament directors and if after due analysis, it was proven that this was actually the case, the cheater shall be banned for future rounds.

8- Awards

i) Regular points

- 1 point for each participation
- 2 point for each victory
- 3 point for each finalist
- 5 point + 100 NACCI points for each round championship

These points are to be accumulated to decide the monthly and yearly winners who will claim the special points:

ii) Special points

- 50 points + 200 NACCI points for each monthly winner
- "Spartacus Title" + 500 NACCI points for the session winner

Regarding the hosting issue, FIBSboard was the most popular choice. So we will begin here, but it's very likely that in near future, a separate webpage will be used.