News:

**Inspired by recurrent discussions in FIBS shouts on issues concerning science and consciousness, we have introduced an ISP Board on Fibsboard.com ...a space set aside for more considered esoteric meanderings on ideas science and philosophy --- "concept formation and elucidation" .....> the philosophy/physiology/ structure and function of a fibster or fibsboarder!
take a look at http://www.fibsboard.com/ideas-science-and-philosophy/

Main Menu

Results of an informal survey

Started by Patti, May 13, 2008, 08:14:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wintom

Quote from: Patti on May 17, 2008, 06:06:40 AM
Just play people with high experience who don't have abnormally-high ratings.  Or if you play newcomers, play one-pointers until they establish themselves.

FIBS was just fine for years without RepBot.  I've played under assumed names on and off for years, and I've never been dropped.  My rule was to never play anyone with under 1000 experience unless they entered an email address using the "address" command.  It was a simple rule, but it worked spectacularly.

And hey, "FIBS sucks without..." doesn't exactly make me feel warm and fuzzy.

:nono: NEWCOMERS STAY OUT!!  :rules:

We are very sorry, but Patti told us not to play against anyone with an experience less than 1000. We don't know if you are a good guy, so it is better to avoid you. Besides we are obliged to follow Patti's rules because otherwise we will get banned (ask the italians...). Some time ago there was a nice program telling people about your reputation, but it is gone and FIBS is a coterie now. MEMBERS ONLY! Please don't aks Patti anything about RepBot, because that is not her business, but don't hesitate to ask her why nobody is playing you! It's as simple as this: It is RepBot's fault, because everything is RepBot's fault. Nobody is playing you, because RepBot is offline. (Ah and don't aks Patty why RepBot is offline, it's now her business.)

:help: :help: :help:

Cheers,
Thomas
The Backgammon Blog: Graswurzel Backgammon

adrian

Pleasing everybody is a brave and futile endeavour. Only those who piss off everybody are remembered.
I feel like after 6 beers.. :laugh:
Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.

don

One conclusion that can be made reading this thread is that many users are unaware of many basic FIBS functions, and I don't know of a GUI that corrects this deficiency.

--
don
So many string dimensions, so little space time...