News:

Play our  New Fibsboard Position of the Week --> perhaps give your comments/reasons thx..here's the link  http://www.fibsboard.com/position-of-the-week/

Main Menu

Some requests for 3dFibs in this brave new post-Repbot world

Started by Luddite, May 18, 2008, 05:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luddite

Repbot is gone.   :unhappy:  I want it back, but but She Who Decides has spoken, and it's not coming back.  So be it. 

In the absence of repbot, I have some requests for 3dFibs to help us make decisions about who to invite/who to avoid. 

1)  Provide a URL link in the menu bar to the saved games page at fibs.com.  Ditch the weekly download function -- the information is out of date almost immediately.  A simple line in the Action menu, or the Game menu, such as "Open Saved Game page" would work perfectly.  Or, even better, a button on the toolbar! 

2)  Until and unless a suitable new repbot is created (and that's one big "IF"), integrate mudPY into 3dFibs.  "Tell mudpy ask playername" provides rating, experience, and number of saved games.  It's a lot better than nothing. 

And finally, a small request, unrelated to repbot: 

3)  Bring back the custom-message feature when declining an invitation.  In previous versions of 3dFibs, you could write and choose different messages to send when you decline.  It was a nice feature that disappeared, and I'd love to have it back, please. 

Thanks for 3dFibs -- it's the best!!!

"Bones"

webrunner

"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

KDP

unless im missing something, 3dfibs users, when invited are treated to a small popup window which shows the amount of saved games (from presumably the fibs saved games page) and a stop light color coded icon, green for safe to play (low saved games) yellow for caution and red for this player has alot of saved games and unless you want to add to that number dont play them.

since repbot has gone (and i for one am glad its gone) ive gone back to 3dfibs because of this feature.  even with the programmable buttons on javafibs by the time you checked out someones rep, they were either playing or had invited someone else.

finally to all those who are bemoaning repbots demise, if you are unhappy at fibs because of this there is always yahoo.

socksey

Quotefinally to all those who are bemoaning repbots demise, if you are unhappy at fibs because of this there is always yahoo.

Yahoo is not an option for me.   :(  All I found on Yahoo were people who didn't finish their matches, or I didn't play in time and lost, or complete strangers wanting to cyber.   :cry: 

Unfortunately, 3DFibs is a bad secondary option for those who run tournaments using TourneyBot.  I know you like to play the tourneys, so how would you like it if I never ran another tourney?    :dry:  Well, maybe that wouldn't be so bad now that Tom of TourneyBot is running tourneys almost every day anyway.   :laugh:

Without RepBot, there is no way to automatically screen out droppers from the tourneys.  There is no way to screen out newbies who don't know how to use their interfaces, which is also a big problem for Tournament Directors.  RepBot helped to eliminate almost all problems that caused delay and problems for me when running the tournaments.  It has also helped me to avoid droppers almost totally.  So, I'm happy you're happy that RepBot is gone, but I am not.   :unhappy:  I am looking forward to a new and better RepBot coming soon, I hope.   :veryhappy:

socksey

"When everyone is against you, it means that you are absolutely wrong.......or absolutely right." - Albert Guinon