Saving watched matches

Started by PersianLord, May 24, 2008, 09:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PersianLord

I've been using 3dfibs for a while and am happy with it. But a desired feature that javafibs has and 3dfibs lacks is the ability to save and convert watched matches.

I'm just curious whether it can be done or not?

Regards
The leftist's feelings of inferiority run so deep that he cannot tolerate any classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the rejection by many leftists of the concept of mental illness and of the utility of IQ tests.  - T.K

don

It could be done, but you'd have to watch the match from beginning to end.  (or game).  It might be interesting to save glimpses from watch and enter 'em into gnu or Snowie.

--
don
So many string dimensions, so little space time...

webrunner

It is Possible.
Go to Options => Preferences and on the first tab tick Save game logs as JF.mat. to save a log
This will tell 3DFibs to save a  log of every game and match played which can be analyzed using f.i. GnuBG.

The logs are saved in c:\Program Files\3dfibs\jf_mat
If there aren't any logs change the permissions of that folder to be writable for the group Users.
(This probably only has to be done in windows Vista)
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

webrunner

i am sorry.. i just saw you mean WATCHED matches rather then PLAYED matches.
I really couldn't tell you if these are saved too. If they are, you probably would have to stay until the end of the game/match.
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

PersianLord

Quote from: webrunner on May 25, 2008, 08:30:16 AM
i am sorry.. i just saw you mean WATCHED matches rather then PLAYED matches.
I really couldn't tell you if these are saved too. If they are, you probably would have to stay until the end of the game/match.

Thanks for the help, webbie.

But last night I watched a match from the very beginning until the end and it was not saved in 3dfibs directory. I also asked Dea and she told me the same and that it's not possible to do. Are you able to do so? How?

I wonder is there any plans for the software developers to provide such a facility in new version(s) ?

Regards
The leftist's feelings of inferiority run so deep that he cannot tolerate any classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the rejection by many leftists of the concept of mental illness and of the utility of IQ tests.  - T.K

playBunny

3D Fibs can do the job. In the log folder, eg. C:\Program Files\3D-Fibs\log each watch session is stored as a log. If it's a complete match then hopefully 3D Fibs will be able to convert it into a .mat file. It does that automatically for the matches that you play but not for watched matches.

On the File menu there's an option Convert log -> JF.mat files. Click on that and it'll invite you to choose a log file. It'll then do what it can with the match and write the best .mat that it can. That may well mean that it writes garbage. I've got about 50 watch logs but most of them start midway through a bot game while I'm waiting for my auto-invite. They produce a mess. I haven't tried watching someone first and then converting the log file after but it might work very nicely.

But I'd recommend that you get the DelFibs client. It's a lot prettier to watch a game with, bigger board as well. It writes straight to .mat. I've got as many watched matches in that as logs in 3D Fibs and most of them are clean and GnuBGable :thumbsup:.

PersianLord

Quote from: playBunny on May 25, 2008, 11:44:16 AM
3D Fibs can do the job. In the log folder, eg. C:\Program Files\3D-Fibs\log each watch session is stored as a log. If it's a complete match then hopefully 3D Fibs will be able to convert it into a .mat file. It does that automatically for the matches that you play but not for watched matches.

On the File menu there's an option Convert log -> JF.mat files. Click on that and it'll invite you to choose a log file. It'll then do what it can with the match and write the best .mat that it can. That may well mean that it writes garbage. I've got about 50 watch logs but most of them start midway through a bot game while I'm waiting for my auto-invite. They produce a mess. I haven't tried watching someone first and then converting the log file after but it might work very nicely.

But I'd recommend that you get the DelFibs client. It's a lot prettier to watch a game with, bigger board as well. It writes straight to .mat. I've got as many watched matches in that as logs in 3D Fibs and most of them are clean and GnuBGable :thumbsup:.

wow! What an excellent client PB, I'm so happy that I've such a nice friend  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I downloaded the program and it's working like a charm. Lots of featues: rating curve, tourneybot integration, toolbar commands, statistics on your various kinds of matches (very very useful), excellent player list info, .....

I really don't know why it's not as popular as javafibs and 3dfibs, or may be that's me who's been so ignorant!

Again many thanks for this helpful suggestion bunny :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Regards

playBunny

You're welcome.  :thumbsup2:

I actually use DelFibs a lot less than I thought I would. One thing that drove me nuts, actually it drove me back to 3DFibs, is that the player list flickers madly. I'm not sure if that's a problem with my graphics card or the program. I seem to remember that a few Fibs things were awkward or couldn't be done. It's a pity that the author isn't developing it any more because when it came out it had the promise of being the best client from this bunny's perspective.

webrunner

I stopped using delfibs becauyse i find it too buggy.
But i will try it again.
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |