News:

**VIP donor members can set up a profile gallery, only viewable by those on their buddy list ****

Main Menu

autogreet feature: automatically insert opponents name?

Started by bbl2, May 29, 2008, 08:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbl2

when using the autogreet feature in JavaFIBS 2001: is it possible to automatically insert the opponents name (e.g. "hello, &, good luck!"; &:=opponents name)?

thx!

Hardy_whv

Quote from: bbl2 on May 29, 2008, 08:53:12 PM
when using the autogreet feature in JavaFIBS 2001: is it possible to automatically insert the opponents name (e.g. "hello, &, good luck!"; &:=opponents name)?

Try %Player, that should work.

Hardy  B)
Visit "Hardy's Backgammon Pages"

cthulhu

Try %Opponent .  %Player takes the selected person from the Player list. All this is documented in the manual that comes with the client.

Hardy_whv

Quote from: cthulhu on June 04, 2008, 12:40:18 PM
Try %Opponent .  %Player takes the selected person from the Player list. All this is documented in the manual that comes with the client.

I must admit, I got confused by the explanation there: "%Opponent - This tag will be substituted by your last played opponent in this session when the command is sent to FIBS." For me this means, that it's not the actual or present opponent, but the last one (meaning history - some time ago). Perhaps rephrase this description?

Hardy  B)
Visit "Hardy's Backgammon Pages"

Tomawaky

I am using %opponent as the actual or the last if I am not playing, and it's working.
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

bbl2