News:

VIP Donor members can now access VIP articles on the random photos that appear on the front page, with links & larger images..

Main Menu

Great shift

Started by PersianLord, July 21, 2008, 09:49:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PersianLord

This position was taken from one of my today's matches against 'bonehead'. I was playing red and the match was a 7-pointer.

As you see, red seems to be completely desperate, having 3 men on the bar and white has a great potential to close his 3-pt and finish red off. In GNUBG's words, white's equity and GWC are (after rolling a 6-1)

1. Cubeful 2-ply    11/4                         Eq.:  +1.017
        90.7%  80.7%   5.2% -   9.3%   0.2%   0.0%
        2-ply cubeful prune [world class]

Why did I highlighted the chances of white getting gammoned? Because IT WAS HAPPENED! and I won the match 8-2!  :yes:

I have the match log and anyone interested can ask me and I will e-mail it for him. Just to show how the course of a BG match cen be turned.

regards

The leftist's feelings of inferiority run so deep that he cannot tolerate any classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the rejection by many leftists of the concept of mental illness and of the utility of IQ tests.  - T.K

playBunny

LOL. This should be in the Whiner's hall - filed by bonehead!  :laugh:

PersianLord

Quote from: playBunny on July 21, 2008, 02:08:58 PM
LOL. This should be in the Whiner's hall - filed by bonehead!  :laugh:

:cool:
The leftist's feelings of inferiority run so deep that he cannot tolerate any classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the rejection by many leftists of the concept of mental illness and of the utility of IQ tests.  - T.K

webrunner

I wish you recorded yourself on video when you won this game  :thumbsup2: :laugh:
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

PersianLord

Quote from: webrunner on July 21, 2008, 08:20:56 PM

I wish you recorded yourself on video when you won this game  :thumbsup2: :laugh: