News:

check out the backgammon problems...http://www.fibsboard.com/backgammon-problems/
y not post a position yourself - help is available on posting with pics and spoiler

Main Menu

Info about F3

Started by adrian, September 24, 2008, 08:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adrian

Hello to all F3 players,

I will be very brief, so I will insert here my email exchange with BushSucks, about F3 tourney:
(apologies to BS, I didn't got his permission to post his message here, but I have no time for composing an elaborate explanation)

BushSucks:

Hello Adrian,

from what I know there has been no F3 in September yet.
Can you host tomorrow?
What are your plans for fridays3?
I think we will need to look for another, new TD.

Me, I am no longer hosting F3 events. Maybe I will be there as a backup TD, but not more than
one Friday per month. Of course, I will support and coach any new TD in the future. If I can help, I will do it.

I hope you have the power and determination to run F3 in the future.
We should discuss this issue finally over the next few days, and after that announce your/our ideas in public then.

Please let me know what you think, tanks.

My reply:

I like to host tourneys, I have the determination but I don't have enough time. I am building my house, where I am doing the electrical wiring, the sewage, water supply and the heating systems. For the other works , I hired professionals. I LOVE what I do, more than F3 or other tourneys. Point is, when I have time , I will host. Manxcat/WildThing can host (some kind of ) F3 with TourneyBot. I have no other ideas right now.

Seeya around folks !   :smile:

Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.

Tom

Quote from: adrian on September 24, 2008, 08:32:04 PM
Point is, when I have time , I will host. Manxcat/WildThing can host (some kind of ) F3 with TourneyBot. I have no other ideas right now.

I would be happy to set up an F3 in TourneyBot, but I will want a list of people who can help TD.
We will also need one person who will get the Tourney Report emails to update the F3 points, etc.

The TDs can also help get people to join, some have said people do not respond to the Robot SPAM

tom

adrian

My personal "quest" -building my own house- will end (for now) in mid December, when I will move in. I will continue to finish the outside next year. Until then I must be there and work along with the rest of the crew. Luckily, I didn't have to sell my laptop, (even tho I will have no furniture except bed mattress), so starting from (approx.) Christmas, I will be able to host F3 again, on weekly basis. Any help  from my TD friends to host F3 is welcome and will not be forgotten.

Cya all , and happy rolls..

PS. Of course, when I will have a few spare minutes, I will be on line, for Nacci or League. Rolling the dice relaxes me or gives me my daily adrenaline shot. Both are welcome :-)

With  :wub:, to all.
Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.

adrian

Hello my friends, below is the bracket from 2nd of January 2009.
Standings for January:

PHunter - 14 points
Zbilbo - 10 points
cassandra,rossa,sweets,sunray,adrian,rif_raf,supermane,socksey,rollingfool,rockfish,Miccimalou,iowcoops,
PersianLord,manxcat,yourfuturexwife - 2 points.

For your pleasure , I attached kibitz/whisper.txt and shouts.txt from the tourney.

I am thinking and searching for some (virtual for now..) prizes to be awarded every month to the winner.  B)

Kari_Grandi

Hi Adrian,

good to see, that my 'baby' is alive and kicking. You do a great job  :thumbsup2:

adrian

Hello my friends, below is the bracket from 9th of January 2009.
Standings for January:

adrian - 16 points
Phunter - 14 points
Kari_Grandi and zbilbo - 10 points
iowcoops,manxcat,yourfuturexwife,socksey,rossa,rif_raf - 4 points each
cassandra,Miccimalou,PersianLord,rockfish,rollingfool,sunray,supermane
sweets,pilogen ,RickrInSF,spielberg,Tom,evenif,Feklhr,Picasso,nstensaker,diane - 2 points each

Nice to see again more than 16 players!

Three more sessions left for this month.

Hope to see all of you on Fibs next Saturday at 1100 Dallas time or 1700 UTC!  :thumbsup2:

adrian

Hello my friends, below is the bracket from 16th of January 2009.
Standings for January:

1. adrian - 16 points
2. Phunter - 14 points
3. socksey, Kari_Grandi and don - 12 points
6. zbilbo - 10 points
7. iowcoops,diane,manxcat,yourfuturexwife,rossa,rif_raf,rockfish, spielberg - 4 points each
boilermaker,cassandra,cowgirl,dorbel,DuckandDive,evenif,Feklhr,fortuna,Miccimalou,nstensaker,
PersianLord,Picasso,pilogen ,RickrInSF,rollingfool,stog,strijka,sunray,supermane,sweets,Tom,truckergirl - 2 points each.

Hope to see all of you on Fibs next Friday at 1100 Dallas time or 1700 UTC! 

adrian

Hello my friends, below is the bracket from 23rd of January 2009.
Standings for January:

1. adrian - 18 points
2. dorbel,Phunter  and socksey - 14 points each
5. don,Kari_Grandi and zbilbo - 12 points each
8. chopos - 8 points
9. yourfuturexwife - 6 points
10. boilermaker,cowgirl,diane,fortuna,iowcoops,manxcat,pilogen,spielberg,stog - 4 points each
19.blotsalot,cassandra,DuckandDive,evenif ,Feklhr,jimeez,Miccimalou,nstensaker,nubie,PersianLord
Picasso,RickrInSF,rif_raf,rockfish,rollingfool,rossa,runnerup,Slipshod,strijka,sunray,supermane
sweets,Tom,truckergirl - 2 points each.

See all of you on Fibs next Friday at 1100 Dallas time or 1700 UTC!  The champion for January is not yet known..

adrian

Hello my friends, below is the bracket from 30th of January 2009.

Standings for January:

1. adrian - 18 points and champion for January  :laugh:
2. socksey - 16 points  :thumbsup2:
3. don,dorbel,PHunter,verystripeyzebra,zbilbo - 14 points each  :sleep:

8. Kari_Grandi - 12 points
9. papillon - 10 points
10. chopos - 8 points
11. boilermaker,rossa,spielberg,yourfuturexwife- 6 points each.
15. cowgirl,diane,fortuna,iowcoops,manxcat,nubie,pilogen,RickrInSF,rif_raf,rockfish,Slipshod,stog - 4 points each
27. autumn,Backwoods,blotsalot,cassandra,DirtyHarry,DuckandDive,evenif ,Feklhr,jimeez,Miccimalou,nstensaker
PersianLord,Picasso,rollingfool,runnerup,sarah,strijka,sunray,supermane,sweets,Tom,truckergirl,WiFi,yonay - 2 points

Bye bye until next Friday, at 1100 Dallas time or 1700 UTC !

adrian

Hello my friends, below are the results from 6th of February 2009. (TourneyBot, #2793)

1. socksey - 12 points
2. don - 8 points
3. iowcoops zbilbo -2 pts.
5. Zorba sunray burton jackdaddy - 2 pts.
9. erdbeere Slipshod lilalu Kari_Grandi Cloxo manxcat cowgirl - 2 pts.

Many thanks to socksey and Spielberg, who were hosting in my absence.

See you next Friday!

adrian

Bye all, was nice being around so much time. I may be around for League matches , no promises tho. Real life is much more demanding these times

Zorba

Enjoy the REAL life, adrian! Thx for your tourneys  :thumbsup2:
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

stog

yep thx adrian - real life qu'est-ce? :)

socksey

Kissessssss until you return!   :wub:

socksey

"Men occasionally stumble over truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened." - Winston Churchill

socksey

I'm posting what I found for Fri, 03 Apr 09, TB #2880:

1.  adz  14
2.  chopos  10
3.  adrian, yonay,  4 each
5.  disfunction, TFugitive, zbilbo, suap, blotsalot, Kari_Grandi,  2 each
11. Backwoods socksey Feklhr don disfunction jonnyray TFugitive jackdaddy
     Tom antiant reformed

socksey

socksey

TourneyBot: |2897: [single] Fridays 3 Tournament (3-pt matches/5-pt final)| |Fri, 10 Apr 09 18:24 UTC|:

1.  Slipshod  12
2.  yonay  8
3.  manxcat, rockfish, sixty_something  2 each

socksey

"Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices." - Voltaire

socksey

TourneyBot: |2906: [single] Fridays 3 Tournament (3-pt matches/5-pt final)| |Fri, 17 Apr 09 17:58 UTC|:

1.  socksey  12
2.  zbilbo  8
3.  sunray  4
4.  cowgirl supermane blotsalot  2 each

socksey

"You moon the wrong person at an office party and suddenly you're not "professional" any more." - Jeff Foxworthy

socksey

TourneyBot: |2918: [single] Fridays 3 Tournament (3-pt matches/5-pt final)| |Fri, 24 Apr 09 17:54 UTC|:

1.  Zorba  12
2.  pck  8
3.  adrian, Spooge,  4
5.  zbilbo, johnwayne, BGgreekplayer, Kari_Grandi,  2

socksey

"If a three year old kid tells you that you are ugly -- you probably are." - Tim Hylka

socksey

TourneyBot: |2928: [single] Fridays 3 Tournament (3-pt matches/5-pt final)| |Fri, 01 May 09 17:35 UTC|:

1.  fibs  12
2.  reformed  8
3.  ana, rockfish,  2

socksey

"I predict you will sink step by step into a bottomless quagmire, however much you spend in men and money." - Charles De Gaulle on Vietnam War

socksey

TourneyBot: |2939: [single] Fridays 3 Tournament (3-pt matches/5-pt final)| |Fri, 08 May 09 18:04 UTC|:

1.  bleicher  14
2.  CharlieBravo  10
3.  LuckyDice, mano,  4
5.  zbilbo, Leudwulf, resh_lakish, yonay,  2

socksey

"Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the decision." – Anonymous

socksey

TourneyBot: |2950: [single] Fridays 3 Tournament (3-pt matches/5-pt final)| |Fri, 15 May 09 18:14 UTC|:

1.  Shaggy  14
2.  bleicher  10
3.  katro  6
4.  zulu, WildThing, yonay,  4
7.  Marcus, LuckyDice,  2

socksey

"If women want any rights they had better take them, and say nothing about it." - Harriet Beecher Stowe (1811–1896)

socksey

TourneyBot: |2960: [single] Fridays 3 Tournament (3-pt matches/5-pt final)| |Fri, 22 May 09 17:59 UTC|:

1.  yonay  12
2.  Krazula  8
3.  juanz  4
4.  W_T_F, CharlieBravo, zbilbo, dorbel,  2

socksey

"With all their faults, trade-unions have done more for humanity than any other organization of men that ever existed." - Clarence Seward Darrow

socksey

29 May 09, TourneyBot: |2969: [single] Fridays 3 Tournament (3-pt matches/5-pt final)| |Fri,  18:34 UTC|:

1.  Sony  14
2.  yoyo  10
3.  Spooge, Ates, austin,  4
6.  Braddock, lou, reformed, dirpa, zbilbo,  2

socksey

P.S.  Anyone with info on missing tourneys, please contact me or post here.

"The only things that evolve by themselves in an organization are disorder, friction, and malperformance” - Peter F. Drucker

socksey

12 Jun 09, Standings for "Fridays 3 Tournament (3-pt matches/5-pt final)" (Tourney #2994):

1.  BobJustBob  12
2.  jackdaddy  8
3.  reformed, WiFi,  4
5.  Paulkruger  2

socksey

"You'd better learn secretarial skills or else get married." - Modeling agency, rejecting Marilyn Monroe in 1944

socksey

19 Jun 09, Standings for "Fridays 3  Tournament (3-pt matches/5-pt final)" (Tourney #3004):

1.  socksey  12
2.  yonay  8
3.  qizwiz, sunray,  4
5.  LuckyDice, wintom, WildThing,  2

socksey

"Leadership is action, not position." - Donald H. McGannon

socksey

26 Jun 09, Standings for "Fridays 3  Tournament (3-pt matches/5-pt final)" (Tourney #3012):

1.  qizwiz  12
2.  THE_ANIMAL  8
3.  roadkillbooks, Spooge,  2

socksey

"I never forget a face, but in your case I’ll make an exception." - Groucho Marx

socksey

3 Jul 09, Standings for "Fridays 3  Tournament (3-pt matches/5-pt final)" (Tourney #3020):

1.  jackdaddy  14
2.  BillyWorld  10
3.  cocoliso  6
4.  socksey  4
5.  blotsalot, PL_BACKGAME, Sony, rockfish,  2

socksey

"I always consider the settlement of America with reverence and wonder, as the opening of a grand scene and design in providence, for the illumination of the ignorant and the emancipation of the slavish part of mankind all over the earth." - John Adams

stog

10 Jul 09, Standings for "Fridays 3  Tournament (3-pt matches/5-pt final)" (Tourney #3029):

1.  yourfuturexwife  12
2.  yonay  8
3.  sunray, Pitpit,  4
5.  Sadist, RickinSF,  2

socksey

"What exactly is Miracle Whip? And is there an alternative spread for atheists?" - Anonymous

socksey

17 Jul 09, Standings for "Fridays 3  Tournament (3-pt matches/5-pt final)" (Tourney #3037):

1.  rif_raf  14
2.  manxcat  10
3.  socksey, antiant, SantoDiablo, boilermaker,  4
7.  vegasvic, pck, don, BGgreekplayer,  2

My apologies to LuckyDice who was forfeited by TourneyBot in first round by error!   :cry:  Also, to johnwayne, who could not understand why I could not respond to him timely enough and who left, so I had to award his next match to someone else.   :dry: 

I have emailed Tom and hopefully, this problem can be resolved before next week's competition.  If I don't get a response from Tom before Sunday, I will scratch the auto tourney and make one myself for Bloody Mary's.

Since I have never automated Mini-matches, that won't be a problem tomorrow for that tourney.

socksey

"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. When the loyal opposition dies, I think the soul of America dies with it." - Edward R. Murrow American journalist (1908- 1965)

socksey

24 Jul 09, Standings for "Fridays 3  Tournament (3-pt matches/5-pt final)" (Tourney #3047):

1.  austin  12
2.  zbilbo  8
3.  Naavanaxx  4
4.  socksey, don,  2

socksey

"If we give up all future wars we must give up our empires and all hope of empire." — Georges Clemenceau

socksey

31 Jul 09, Standings for ""Fri3 3/5 Tournament"" (Tourney #3061):

1. LuckyDice
2. Cloxo
3. zulu fortuna
5. yourfuturexwife clay socksey don
9. rif_raf silent_greek manxcat Sony bleicher zbilbo csg

socksey

'All wars are civil wars because all men are brothers.' - Francois Fenelon

socksey

7 Aug, 09, Standings for ""Fri3 3/5 Tournament"" (Tourney #3062):

1.  socksey  12
2.  LuckyDice  8
3.  Cloxo  4
4.  zulu  2

socksey

"Every political leader worth their salt in history - from Gandhi to Martin Luther King - has expressed the same message, which is courage.  Real leaders don't tell people to be frightened.  They help people find a place of courage, even in the face of very real threats." - Naomi Klein

socksey

Results Fri3, 14 Aug 09, TourneyBot #3063, 8 players:

1.    silent_greek  12
2.    Tanika  8
3.    zibilbo, WildThing, 2 each

Thanks to jackdaddy for hosting!   :wub:

socksey

After all, that's what email stands for:  "Embellished Measurements and Incredible Lies." - (Stolen from Jill's Jokeline by sied)

socksey

Results Fri3, 21 Aug 09, TourneyBot #3111, 8 players:

1. silent_greek
2. austin
3. jpb jimeez

Thanks to jackdaddy for hosting!   :wub:

socksey

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.
You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence.
You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves.

...... Abraham Lincoln

socksey

Results Fri3, 28 Aug 09, TourneyBot #3064, 10 players:

1.  csg  12
2.  socksey  8
3.  LuckyDice  2
4.  Tom  2

socksey

And if you don't have anything in your brain that might rise to the definition of a thought, you can certainly compensate for a lack thereof if you have enough passion. Or a humorous accent. - Despair Inc.

socksey

Results 4 Sep 09, Fri3 3/5 Tournament, TourneyBot #3065, 12 players:

1. sunray 12
2. desperadoo 8
3. LuckyDice manxcat jackdaddy Backwoods csg, 2 each
8. Tom socksey austin zbilbo rif_raf

You can do anything you set your mind to when you have vision, determination, and an endless supply of expendable labor. - Lithograph from Despair.com

socksey

Results Fri3, 11 Sep 09, TourneyBot #3129, 19 players:

1.  don  14
2.  Slipshod  10
3.  spielberg  6
4.  donzaemon, spok,  4 each
6.  Tom, pck, jackdaddy,  2 each

socksey

If you're not a part of the solution,there's good money to be made in prolonging the problem. - Lithograph from Despair.com

socksey

Results Fri3, 18 Sep 09, TourneyBot #3067, 18 players:

1.    blotsalot  14
2.    don  10
3.    jackdaddy, austin,  4 each
5.    Tom,, csg, manxcat, LuckyDice, spielberg,  2 each

socksey

Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve the homage of reason than of blindfolded fear. - Thomas Jefferson 

socksey

Results Fri3, 25 Sep 09, TourneyBot #3068, 16 players:

1.    rif_raf  12
2.    LuckyDice  8
3.    WiFi, fortuna,  4 each
4.    NotMe, Schigolch, socksey, spielberg,  2 each

socksey

It's only a virtue if you're not a screwup. - Lithograph from Despair.com

socksey

Resuts Fri3, 1 Oct, TourneyBot #3069, 11 players:

1.  socksey  12
2.  adrian  8
3.  zbilbo, spielberg, Backwoods, manxcat,  2 each

socksey

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be. - Lithograph from Despair.com

socksey

Results Fri3, 8 Oct 09, TourneyBot #3147, 16 players:

1. LuckyDice  12
2. WiFi  8
3. Uppercrustie, Iceborg,  4 each
5. spielberg, socksey, Denise, resh_lakish,  2 each

socksey

You aren't being paid to believe in the power of your dreams. - Lithograph from Despair.com

socksey

Results Fri3, 16 Oct 09, TourneyBot #3148, 13 players:

1. zbilbo 12
2. stog  8
3. Tom  4
5. LuckyDice resh_lakish donzaemon, cassandra, 2 each

socksey

as cubes fall from the withered hand , so go the lonely pips from an isolated mind ,  neither seeking attention from their master , neither seeking sweet victory or the silent death , and none the wiser to his will - donzaemon

socksey

Results Fri3, 23 Oct 09, TourneyBot #3149, 12 players:

1. spielberg  12
2. socksey  8
3. LuckyDice Marcus zbilbo Tom adz  2 each

socksey

Hard work never killed anybody, but it is illegal in some places. - Lithograph from Despair.com

socksey

Results Fri3, 30 Oct 09, TourneyBot #3150, 8 players:

1. austin  12
2. rif_raf  8
3. malibupips, adrian  2 each

socksey

It is the wise person who sees near and far as the same, does not despise the small or value the great. - Chuang Tzu

socksey

Results Fri3, 6 Nov 09, TourneyBot #3207, 7 players:

1.    curtisS  12
2.    LuckyDice  8
3.    Schigolch  2

socksey

To be a friend, a man should be tolerant, he should have an understanding heart and a forgiving nature, knowing that all men stumble now and then, and that he who never made a mistake never accomplished anything.... - From The Art of Being by Wilferd A. Peterson

socksey

Results Fri3, 13 Nov 09, TourneyBot # 3213, 14 players:

1.  adrian  12
2.  spielberg  8
3.  nubie  4
4.  zbilbo, Schigolch, stog, socksey, LuckyDice,  2 each

socksey

If you think the problems we create are bad, just wait until you see our solutions. - Lithograph from Despair.com

socksey

Results Fri3, 20 Nov 09, TourneyBot #3235, 13 players:

1.  resh_lakish  12
2.  socksey  8
3.  barbaros  4
4.  malibupips, karmakat, LuckyDice,  2 each

socksey

I am Dr. Adewole Aremu- a director with the Union Bank of Nigeria in Lagos - and I wish to speak to you most urgently about a matter regarding the sum of $39,000,000 US Dollars... - Lithograph from Despair.com

socksey

Results Fri3, 27 Nov 09, TourneyBot #3241, 11 players:

1.    adrian  12
2.    manxcat  8
3.    resh_lakish  4
4.    rif_raf, DeaDice,  2 each

socksey

It's difficult to think anything but pleasant thoughts while eating a homegrown tomato. - Lewis Grizzard

socksey

Results Fri3, 4 Dec 09, TourneyBot #3247, 11 players:

1. socksey 12
2. LuckyDice 8
3. skooba, blotsalot, zbilbo, permabox, DeeDice,  2 each
7. stog, rossa, rif_raf, resh_lakish

socksey

All we ask here is that you give us your heart. - Lithograph from Despair.com

socksey

Results Fri3, 11 Dec 09, TourneyBot #3256, 11 players:

1.    DeaDice  12
2.    Tom  8
3.    Shos  4
4.    zbilbo, socksey,  2 each

socksey

"He could not see a belt without hitting below it." - Margot Asquith on David Lloyd George.

socksey

Results Fri3, 18 Dec 09, TourneyBot #3262,  8 players:

1.   zbilbo  12
2    spielberg   8
3.   oldreddog, socksey,  2 each

socksey

It is not enough to have a good mind:  the main thing is to use it. - Descartes

socksey

Results Fri3, 25 Dec 09, TourneyBot #3283, 11 players:

1. adrian 12
2. Indaflow 8
3. jackdaddy, Feklhr, socksey, malibupips,  2 each

socksey

An eye for an eye will leave us all blind. - Mahatma Gandhi

socksey

Results Fri3, 1 Jan 10, TourneyBot #3318, 11 players:

1.      vegasvic  12
2.      Shining_Being  8
3.      Tanika, zumsel, zbilbo, DeaDice,  2 each

socksey

Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid. - Lithograph from Despair.com

socksey

Results Fri3, TourneyBot #3329, 8 players:

1. socksey  12
2. RickrInSF  8
3. LuckyDice adz  2 each

"Winston, if I were your wife, I would put poison in your coffee."  "Nancy, if I were your husband, I would drink it." - A conversation between Nancy Astor and Winston Churchill.

socksey

Results Fri3, 15 Jan 10, TourneyBot #3336, 8 players:

1. austin 12
2. socksey 8
3. MarcoPolo, LuckyDice, 2 each

Thanks to cowgirl, zbilbo, Tom, and palladin for playing!

socksey

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd; indeed in view of the silliness of the majority of mankind, a widespread belief is more likely to be foolish than sensible. -- Bertrand Russell , Marriage and Morals (1929) ch. 5 British author, mathematician, & philosopher (1872 - 1970)

socksey

Results Fri3, 22 Jan 10, 8 players:

1. zbilbo  12
2. NIHolympic  8
3. palladin Schigolch,  2 each
5. socksey sweets sciguy TriAtma_III

Please accept my apology for the bad behavior and the injustice that some cause in the tourneys.   :dry: 

It was my displeasure to be forced to forfeit NIHolympic in the final match due to his refusal to unblind myself and jackdaddy, the Tournament Directors.  :(  This is a long established rule agreed upon by the Tournament Directors of all the major tournaments held on Fibs and will be enforced by me in all the tournaments that I run.  :yes:

Thanks to socksey, sweets, sciguy, and TriAtma_III for playing!   :wub:

socksey

"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between."- Oscar Wilde (quote courtesy of dorbel)

adrian

Some people shouldn't be allowed to play in tourneys by default.
Thanks very much for keeping it alive after I quit.
It's time for F3 to RIP.

socksey

I think you're right.   :dry:  Adios!  Au revoir!  Adieu!  A bientôt!  Auf Wiedersehen!  Aντίο!  Viszontlátásra!  Adeus!  Sayonara!   :laugh:

socksey

Give me a place to stand on and I will move the earth. - Archimedes to explain the principle of the lever.

socksey

Results 12 Feb 10, TourneyBot # 3365, 21 players:

1.   austin  14
2.   vegasvic  10
3.   donzaemon stog,  4 each
5.   moonshadow oldreddog TriAtma_III rif_raf skooba  LuckyDice
      pck stiefnu zbilbo  2 each
17.  rollingfool Tom gaspar socksey sunray Marcus jackdaddy
      Im_not_gimmeluck

Thx to vegasvic, your host, for taking over this tourney for a while.   :yes:

socksey

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score? - Vince Lombardi

socksey

Results Fri3, 19 Feb 10, TourneyBot #3375, 17 players:

1. moonshadow  14
2. DuckandDive  10
3. blotsalot, Schigolch,  4 each
5. Marcus, vegasvic, stog, socksey,  2 each
9. oldreddog, RomeoKilo, LuckyDice, inim, donzaemon,
    Miccimalou, Tom, yonay, resh_lakish,  0 each

Thanks to vegasvic for hosting!

socksey

The key to life is to figure out who to be the bat boy for. - Warren Buffett, investment guru

socksey

Results 26 Feb 10, TourneyBot #3381, 17 players:

1.  vegasvic  14
2.  pallain 10
3.  MasterJ  6
4.  sciguy  4
4.  socksey, sunray, zbilbo, oldreddog, 2 each
8.  adrian, factotum lewscannon, foreverYonge, Slipshod (no show), moonshadow, 0
     each

Thanks to vegasvic for hosting!   :wub:

socksey

"We can often do more for other men by trying to correct our own faults than by trying to correct theirs." - François Fenelon

socksey

Results 5 Mar 10, TourneyBot #3388, 8 players:

1. malibupips  12
2. sciguy  8
3. adrian, palladin,  2 each
5. RickrInSF, Tom, WildThing, LuckyDice,  0 each

socksey

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

socksey

Results Fri3, 12 Mar 10, TourneyBot #3395, 18 players:

1.  MacMom  14
2.  vegasvic  10
3.  WiFi  6
4.  donzaemon   4
5.  Tom sweets yoyo bleicher  2 each
9.  austin manxcat socksey silent_greek skooba kent aviator lou     
     LuckyDice oldreddog  1 each

Thanks to vegasvic for hosting!   :)

socksey

"Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty. The obedient must be slaves." - Henry David Thoreau

socksey

Results Fri3, 19 Mar 10, TourneyBot #3404, 4 players:

1.    Tom  12
2.    MacMom  8
3.    manxcat, socksey,  0

socksey

"Don't worry over what other people are thinking about you. They're too busy worrying over what you are thinking about them." – Anonymous

socksey

Results 26 Mar 10, TourneyBot #3413, 10 players:

1.    sunray  12
2.    WildThing  8
3.    yoyo, vegasvic, Naavanaxx  2 each
6.    socksey, MsSomeFun, quzwiz, Tom,  0

socksey

"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949

socksey

Results 2 Apr 10, Tourneybot #3421,  14 players:

1.    LuckyDice  12
2.    paladin  8
3.    DeaDice, donzaemon,  4 each
5.    WildThing, oldreddog,  inim,  2 each
8.    sciguy, BackgaMother, rollingfool, Pryda_II,
       Tanika, adrian, socksey,  0 each

socksey

Fulton, TX - A quiet little drinking village with a fishing problem.

socksey

Results Fri3, 9 Apr 10, TourneyBot #3427, 12 players:

1.    vegasvic  12
2.    oldreddog  8
3.    Anhinga  4
4.    donzaemon, rif_raf, sunray,   2 each
7.    Miccimalou, silent_greek, MsSomeFun, LuckyDice, Tanika, socksey,  0

socksey

"The wireless music box has no imaginable commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?" - David Sarnoff's associates in response to his urgings for investment in the radio in the 1920s.

socksey

Fri3 tourneys will be suspended until further notice.

socksey

"I'm just glad it'll be Clark Gable who's falling on his face and not Gary Cooper," -- Gary Cooper on his decision not to take the leading role in "Gone With The Wind."

socksey

Tournament play will resume as normal!  :)

socksey

"Airplanes are interesting toys but of no military value," -- Marechal Ferdinand Foch, Professor of Strategy, Ecole Superieure de Guerre, France.

socksey

Results Fri3, 23 Apr 10, http://challonge.com/fri323apr10, 7 players:

1.    boilermaker  12
2.    donzaemon  8
3.    socksey  2
4.    sunray, Cigale, yoyo, LuckyDice,  (thanks for playing!)

socksey

"Louis Pasteur's theory of germs is ridiculous fiction." -- Pierre Pachet, Professor of Physiology at Toulouse, 1872

socksey

Results, 30 Apr 10, http://challonge.com/Fri3_30apr10, 9 players:

1.    sciguy  12
2.    socksey  8
3.    aviator, Tom  3 each
5.    erdbeere, palladin, silent_greek, LuckyDice, blotsaglot,  (thanks for playing!)

socksey

"One day I came home early from work ... I saw a guy jogging naked. I said to the guy, 'Hey buddy, why are you doing that?'
He said, 'Because you came home early'." – Rodney Dangerfield

socksey

Results  7 May 10, TourneyBot #3452, 10 players:

1.    LuckyDice  12
2.    blotsalot  8
3.    Tom, Miccimalou, austin, inim,  2 each
7.    Slipshod, sackofjaweea, cassandra, burton...........thx for
       playing! 

socksey

"I went to the doctor because I'd swallowed a bottle of sleeping pills. My doctor told me to have a few drinks and get some rest." – Rodney Dangerfield

socksey

Results 14 May 10, TourneyBot #3458, 10 players:

1.    palladin  12
2.    LuckyDice  8
3.    cassandra, socksey, Tanika,  2 each
6.    kent, adrian, yoyo, Tom, BackgaMother,  (Thanks for
       playing)

socksey

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." - Arthur Conan Doyle (as Sherlock Holmes)

socksey

Results 21 May 10, TourneyBot #3465, 12 players:

1.   blackmamba 12
2.   Tom 8
3.   oddsR, resh_lakish, Miccimalou, PeterOZanne, kondork,
       rif_raf, 2 each
9. MsSomeFun, socksey, vegas_vic, yoyo, (thx for playing)

socksey

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

socksey

Results 28 May 10, http://challonge.com/fri3_28mar10allonge.com (click to view bracket), 11 players:

1.    sixtie  12
2.    blotsalot  8
3.    WiFi  6
4.    rif_raf, BackgaMother, socksey,  2 each
7.    perhof, vegasvic, Miccimalou, DeaDice, palladin (thanks for playing!)

socksey

"Adult: a person who has stopped growing at both ends and is now growing in the middle." - Anonymous

socksey

Results 4 Jun 10, http://challonge.com/images/brackets/fri3_4jun10.png, 11 players:

1.    AlpineDesert  12
2.    sixtie  8
3.    Schigolch  4
4.    kent, LuckyDice, vegasvic, 2 each
8.    Johnny_Boy, cowgirl, resh_lakish, silent_greek, socksey,
       (thanks for playing!)

socksey

"Gossip: a person who will never tell a lie if the truth will do more damage." - Anonymous

socksey

Results 11 Jun 10, http://challonge.com/fri3_11jun10, 11 players:

1.    DeaDice  12
2.    socksey  8
3.    cowgirl, LuckyDice, rif_raf, WiFi,  2 each
7.    karmakat, aviator, Tanika, kondork, palladin, (thanks for playing)

socksey

"No man is so poor as to have nothing worth giving." - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

socksey

Results 18 Jun 10, TourneyBot #3495, 9 players:

1.    WiFi  12
2.    LuckyDice  8
3.    sunray, Pasaquin, donzaemon,  2 each
6.    zbilbo, aviator, sixtie, burton, (thanks for playing!)

Thanks to sixtie for hosting!   :yes:

socksey

"Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live." – Mark Twain

socksey

Results 25 Jun 10, TourneyBot #3504, 11 players:

1.    DeaDice  12
2.    vegas_vic  8
3.    LuckyDice  4
4.    Miccimalou  2
5.    rif_raf, sunray, aviator, fibs, sixtie, rollingfool,
       donzabackgame,  (thanks for playing!)

Thanks to sixtie for hosting! 

socksey

"Those who survived the San Francisco earthquake said "Thank God I'm alive". But, of course, those who died, their lives will never be the same." - Senator Barbara Boxer (California)

socksey

Results 2 Jul 10, challonge.com, 11 players:

1.    vegas_vic  12
2.    socksey  8
3.    hotschtick  4
5.    Tanika, WiFi,  2 each
7.    LuckyDice, rif_raf, DeaDice, sunray, sixtie,
      Miccimalou,  (thx for playing!)

socksey

"The trouble with the world is not that people know too little, but that they know so many things that ain't so." – Mark Twain

socksey

Results 9 Jul 10, 10 players:

1.    vegas_vic  12
2.    palladin  8
3.    Erindis  4
4.    LuckyDice  2

socksey

There is charm about the forbidden that makes it unspeakably desirable... - Mark Twain

socksey

Results 16 Jul 10, TourneyBot #3525, 12 players:

1.    cowgirl  12
2.    blotsalot  8
3.    rollingfool  4
5.    sixtie, vegas_vic,  2 each
7.    socksey, RickrInSF, yonay, diane, tanika,
       zonga, LuckyDice (thx for playing)

socksey

You shall have joy or you shall have power, said God.  You cannot have both. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

socksey

Results 23 Jul 10, TourneyBot #3532, 13 players:

1.   diane  12
2.   MacMom  8
3.   rif_raf, zonga  4 each
6.   socksey
7.   klitschkoooo, Schigolch, donzabackgame, PersianLord, Linus, sunray,  vegas_vic, inim,  (thanks for playing!)

socksey

"I believe a leaf of grass is no less than the journey-work of the stars." - Walt Whitman

socksey

Results 30 Jul 10, Challonge.com, 8 players:

1.    LuckyDice  12
2.    SinnerSaint  8
3.    socksey, Miccimalou,  2 each
5.    sunray, qizwiz, rif_raf, klitschkoooo, (thanks for playing!)

socksey

"All men are children, and of one family. The same tale sends them all to bed, and wakes them in the morning." - Henry David Thoreau

socksey

Results 6 Aug 10, Challonge.com, 11 players:

1.    tjraczko  12
2.    silent_greek  8
3.    ginnytonic, adrian, rif_raf, MacMom,  2 each
7.    vegas_vic, grrr, Palladin, socksey, LuckyDice,  (Thanks for
       playing!)

socksey

"In painting you must give the idea of the true by means of the false." - by French painter Edgar Degas born in 1834

socksey

Results 13 Aug 10, Challonge.com, 12 players:

1.    socksey  12
2.    Linus  8
3.    Miccimalou, kthulin,  4 each
5.    Denise  2
6.    hotdice, sixtie, palladin, MacMom, rif_raf, Tom, mobay,
      (Thanks for playing!)

socksey

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." - Ernest Hemingway

socksey

Results 20 Aug 10, Challonge.com, 11 players:

1.    juanz  12
2.    rif_raf  8
3.    socksey, DeaDice,  4 each
5.    verystripeyzebra, vegas_vic, zbilbo, sunray, zbilbo,
      WildThing, aviator,  (Thanks for playing!)

socksey

I always knew I'd be famous.  I knew it.  I wanted it. - Barbra Streisand

socksey

Results 27 Aug 10, TourneyBot #3566, 10 players:

1. Miccimalou  12
2. sixtie  8
3. socksey,  mickeymouse,  Tom,  sunray,  2 each
7. cassandra  DeaDice rif_raf nixo (Thanks for playing!)

socksey

Elliott Gould:  The trouble with Barbra is that she can't let herself be happy.
Barbra:  I'd be miserable if I were happy.

socksey

Results 3 Sep 10, TourneyBot #3587, 15 players:

1. DeaDice
2. diane
3. roxywahine PersianLord
5. zbilbo aviator sixtie LuckyDice
9. palladin rif_raf vegas_vic spielberg verystripeyzebra Tanika JonPrud

socksey

Women are like phones:  They like to be held, talked to, and touched often.
But push the wrong button and your ass is disconnected. - unknown

socksey

Results 17 Sep 10, TourneyBot #3600, 16 players:

1. spielberg
2. burton
3. TriAtma_III Bamse
5. JonPrud rif_raf zbilbo blotsalot
9. gaspar cowgirl Tom LuckyDice resh_lakish
    socksey jackdaddy sunray

socksey

She was a real bully.  As soon as she sensed fear in anyone, she went for the throat. - Bob Mersey, producer of Barbra's People album

socksey

Results 24 Sep 10, TourneyBot #3613, 16 players:

1. blotsalot
2. Krazula
3. sixtie, perhof
5. rif_raf, socksey, sunray, pollemanden
9. GabiBilu, spielberg, TriAtma_III, WildThing,
    Cloxo, LuckyDice, PersianLord, Miccimalou

socksey

"Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them." - George Orwell

socksey

Results 1 Oct 10, TourneyBot #3623, 15 players:

1. Naavanaxx
2. spielberg
3. TriAtma_III, adrian
5. pollemanden, yoyo, Tom, sunray
9. yonay, kent, socksey, rif_raf, burton, DeaDice, sixtie

socksey

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

socksey

Results 8 Oct 10, TB #3633, 7 players:

1.    perhof
2.    socksey
3.    DeaDice, Miccimalou
5.    yoyo, rif_raf, spielberg

socksey

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. - Thomas Jefferson

socksey

Results 15 Oct 10, TB #3642, 15 players:

1. spielberg
2. rif_raf
3. LuckyDice, pollemanden
5. socksey, aviator, csg, Naavanaxx
9. GabiBilu, Cigale, sunray, Miccimalou, WiFi, sixtie, yonay

socksey

To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical. - Thomas Jefferson

socksey

Results 22 Oct 10, TB #3651, 19 players:

1.      vegasvic
2.      jasonj
3.      pollemanden, socksey
5.      zbilbo, NeverEZ, PL_BACKGAME, Leudwulf
9.      DeaDice, csg, spielberg, sunray, Miccimalou, ginnytonic,
         aviator, Schigolch,
17.    LuckyDice, EricCartman, rif_raf

socksey

Thomas Jefferson said in 1802:   'I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property - until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.'

socksey

Results 29 Oct 10, http://challonge.com/images/brackets/fri3_31_oct_2010.png, 19 players:

socksey

"It matters more what's in a woman's face than what's on it." - by American actress Claudette Colbert born on this day in 1903

socksey

Results 5 Nov 10, TB #3675, 17 players:

1.   lou
2.   Tom
3.   sixtie, RickrInSF
5.   vegas_vic, adrian, pollemanden, NoGuile
9.   Naavanaxx, yourfuturexwife, sunray, GabiBilu, LuckyDice,
      socksey. rif_raf. millennium 
17. Cigale

socksey

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde

socksey

Time change!   ;)  Next week will begin a new time for Fri3 of 1700 UTC to open and 1730 UTC to start.  That is 1000 Dallas time!  See you then.   :yes:

socksey

Democracy satisfies best the human thirst for freedom; yet, being undisciplined, turbulent, and luxury-seeking, it falls time and again to austere single-minded despotism. - Thuclydides (centuries before Christ)

socksey

Congrats to silent_greek, Supreme Champion of todays Fri3 Tournament and to Worthy Adversary, humanbot!
:nr1:

See you next week at 1700 UTC or 1000 Dallas time!   :yes:

socksey

Just remember the world is not a playground but a schoolroom. Life is not a holiday but an education.  One eternal lesson for us all:  to teach us how better we should love. - Barbara Jordan

socksey

16 Nov 10 - New Rules for Fri3 and Mini-Matches -

In order for you to participate in Fri3 or Mini-Matches tournaments, you must put all personal problems with any other player aside, at least for the time the tournament takes. You must not refuse to play with anyone just because you don't like them, because they insulted your mother, ran over your dog, flipped you the bird, drive-by shot your wife, or for any other reason!

When you join a tournament that is free, has no prizes, has a tournament director who is giving of his or her free time and good will, you have a responsibility to give your full attention to the play and play your matches in a timely manner without causing undue problems for everyone.

For instance, if you engage in another match outside the tournament, and are intent on finishing that match when the tournament begins, you are delaying from 4 - 32 people in the tournament.  As I have announced during tourneys many times, tell your (un)tournament opponent that you are in the tournament and will resume that game at another time, then leave and start your tournament match. 

If someone insults you in the tournament in any way, you must realize that this happens in tournaments, live or not, but, unlike live tournaments, you have the option to "gag" your opponent on Fibs. That's all you have to do. Gag your opponent if you don't like what is being said to you, but you must continue your match.

Blinding anyone for the tournament finals unless they are specifically interrupting in kibitz will be prohibited.  The tournament is for the enjoyment and learning experience for all.  So, please, put your differences aside and enjoy the games!

Keep in mind that we have some new backgammon players amongst us and they do not always know what is appropriate.  Give people some slack and help them out when needed. 
Above all, keep it fun and enjoy the games! 

socksey

"Language does not always have to wear a tie and lace-up shoes." - Stephen King

socksey

Congrats to socksey, Supreme Champion  :nr1: of todays Fri3 Tournament and to Worthy Adversary, LuckyDice!

See you next week at 1700 UTC or 1100 Dallas time!    :yes:

socksey

“Where you come from is gone. Where you thought you were going to, weren’t never there. And where you are ain’t no good unless you can get away from it.” - Flannery O’Connor

socksey

Results 26 Nov 10, TourneyBot #3715, 21 players:

1.    sixtie   :nr1:
2.    jackdaddy
3.    vegas_vic, pittpenguins
5.    Miccimalou, rollingfool, pollemanden, aviator
9.    yoyo, wims, adrian, socksey, yourfuturexwife, sunray,  
       rif_raf, RickrInSF
17.  LuckyDice, spielberg, WildThing, NeverEZ, zbilbo

socksey

"Compassion is a call, a demand of nature, to relieve the unhappy as hunger is a natural call for food." - Joseph Butler born in 1692

socksey

Results 3 Dec 10, Challonge.com, 22 players:

Congrats to zbilbo, Supreme Champion   :nr1:  of todays Fri3 Tournament and to Worthy Adversary, LuckyDice!   :yes:

See you next week at 1700 UTC or 1100 Dallas time!   :) 

socksey

"Man's natural character is to imitate; that of the sensitive man is to resemble as closely as possible the person whom he loves. It is only by imitating the vices of others that I have earned my misfortunes." - French author Marquis de Sade born in 1740

socksey

Results 10 Dec 10, Challonge.com, 19 players:

Congrats to vegas_vic, Supreme Champion    :nr1:  of todays Fri3 Tournament and to Worthy Adversary, LuckyDice!   :applaus:

socksey

socksey

Results 17 Dec 10, Challonge.com, 15 players:

Congrats to sixtie, Supreme Champion    :nr1:  of todays Fri3 Tournament and to Worthy Adversary, vegas_vic!    :applaus:

See you next week at 1700 UTC or 1100 Dallas time!    :)

socksey

socksey

Results 24 Dec 10, Tourneybot #3840, 14 players:

1. aviator  :nr1:
2. socksey
3. Cigale, Surlymama
5. ginnytonic, vegas_vic, spielberg, LuckyDice
9. DeaDice, rif_raf ,sixtie, yoyo, jackdaddy, WildThing

See you next week at 1700 UTC or 1100 Dallas time!    Smiley

socksey

Worry never robs tomorrow of it's sorrow;  it only saps today of it's strength. - A. J. Cronin

socksey

Results 31 Dec 10, 11 players:

1.  socksey   :nr1:
2.  MacMom
3.  NeverEZ, burton
5.  rif_raf, LuckyDice, DeaDice, moonshadow
9.  aviator, WildThing, ginnytonic

Thanks to all the players!   :wub:

socksey

Take a rest;  a field that has rested gives a beautiful crop. - Ovid

socksey

Results 7 Jan 11, TourneyBot #3829, 24 players:

1.   sunray   :nr1:
2.   zbilbo
3.   sixtie, pollemanden
5.   Cigale, filos, moonshadow, WildThing
9.   LuckyDice, socksey, adrian, Tom, virtuosity, yocha,  norizamou, DichiBerlin
17. burton, rif_raf, postocinco, aviator, zackf, malibupips, Backwoods,  Miccimalou

See you next week at 1700 UTC or 1100 Dallas time!   :yes:

socksey

To improve the golden moment of opportunity, and catch the good that is within our reach, is the great art of life. - Samuel Johnson

socksey

Results 14 Jan 11, TourneyBot #3841, 17 players:

1.      stog   :nr1:
2.      qizwiz
3.      LuckyDice, DeaDice
5.      DisraeliGears, NotMe, pollemanden, Rif_raf
9.      socksey, zbilbo, adrian, aviator, yocha, eeniemeenie
        inatizz, Tom
17.    sunray

Thanks to all the players!   :wub:

See you next week at 1700 UTC or 1100 Dallas time!   :yes:

socksey

To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance. - Oscar Wilde

socksey

Results 21 Jan 11, TourneyBot #3853, 17 players:

1. socksey   :nr1:
2. magic_one
3. TriAtma_III, DeaDice
5. aviator, sucram, cassandra, pollemanden,
9. rif_raf, qizwiz, jackdaddy, vegas_vic, stog, yocha, sixtie, rollingfool
17. PersianLord

socksey

If you understand, things are just as they are;  if you do not understand, things are just as they are. - Zen proverb

socksey

Results, 28 Jan 11 (TourneyBot #3863 with 15 players):

1. filos :nr1:
2. socksey
3. magic_one, lollilalla
5. Cigale, pollemanden, gaspar, yonay
9. rif_raf, yocha, qizwiz, aviator, Damma, Tom, ifaesfu

Thanks to all the players!    :wub:

socksey

"Success consists of getting up just one more time than you fall." - GOLDSMITH

socksey

Results 4 Feb 11, TourneyBot #3877, 23 players:

1. yoyo   :nr1:
2. vegas_vic
3. Tom, sackofjaweea
5. Cigale, Damma, RickrInSF, kent
9. aviator, socksey, Anhinga, yonay, burton, blotsalot, yocha, DeaDice
17. rif_raf, sunray, hobbit, pollemanden, hotschtick, magic_one, sixtie

socksey

You can't hold a man down without staying down with him. - Booker T. Washington

socksey

Results, 11 Feb 11, (TourneyBot #3896 with 16 players):

1. Cloxo   :nr1:
2. hotschtick
3. aviator, vegas_vic
5. ifaesfu, sunray, Tom, socksey,
9. Damma, silent_greek, pollemanden, yocha, Cigale, yoyo, Anhinga, rif_raf

socksey

All the beautiful sentiments in the world weigh less than a single lovely action. - James Russell Lowell

socksey

Fri3 for 18 Feb 11, did not happen due to a power failure at Fibs headquarters.   :yes:

socksey

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

socksey

Results 25 Feb 11, TourneyBot #3920, 15 players:

1. zackf    :nr1:
2. pollemanden 
3. aviator, secos 
5. Damma, Cigale, yoyo, zbilbo
9. adrian, Anhinga, magic_one, rif_raf, autumn, socksey, Tom

socksey

There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in its hands. - Richard Bach

socksey

Results 4 Mar 11, TourneyBot #3933, 18 players:

1.    pollemanden :nr1:
2.    LuckyDice
3.    adrian, yocha
5.    silent_greek, aviator, filos, Tanika
9.    sackofjaweea, socksey, vegas_vic, DeaDice, Anhinga, zackf, ginnytonic, 
       rif_raf
17.  Damma, Denise

socksey

To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable. - Helen Keller

socksey

Results 11 Mar 11, Tourneybot #3943, 18 players:

1.    sunray   :nr1:
2.    aviator
3.    without, zackf
5.    ifaesfu, socksey,pollemanden, magic_one
9.    yoyo, vegas_vic, silent_greek, Cigale, GabiBilu, Anhinga, rif_raf,
        LuckyDice
17. filos, rollingfool

Don't forget that Sunday, March 13th will be daylight savings time change for the USA, so next week's tourney will begin at Dallas time 1000 as usual but will be one hour later for the Euros and I'm not sure how the rest of the world will be effected.  As I have advised in the past, check with worldclock.com to coordinate using "meeting planner" function.   :yes:

socksey

socksey

Results 18 Mar 11,  TourneyBot #3956, 20 players:
1. Tanika  :nr1:
2. aviator
3. yoyo, zackf
5. Leudwulf, jackdaddy, adrian, Anhinga
9. GabiBilu, moondog, rif_raf, kent, Cigale, ifaesfu, Whataguy, roxywahine
17. vegas_vic, socksey, without, pollemanden

See you next week at 1600 UTC or 1100 Dallas time!    :yes:  If you're confused about the time, go here:
  http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.htmlmonth=3&day=16&year=2011&p1=0&p2=70&p3=152&p4=248

And here:

http://www.fibsboard.com/general-chit-chat/fibs-tournament-schedule/msg22483/#msg22483

socksey

socksey

Results 25 Mar 11, TourneyBot #3973, 12 players:

1. sixtie   :nr1:
2. magic_one
3. Cigale, gilesashton
5. yoyo, Cloxo, without, rif_raf
9. kent, pollemanden, socksey, wasp

See you next week at 1600 UTC or 1100 Dallas time!    :yes:   If you're confused about the time, go here:
  http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.htmlmonth=3&day=16&year=2011&p1=0&p2=70&p3=152&p4=248

And here:

http://www.fibsboard.com/general-chit-chat/fibs-tournament-schedule/msg22483/#msg22483

socksey

socksey

Results 1 Apr 11, TourneyBot #3991, 11 players:

1.      zackf   :nr1:
2.      ifaesfu
3.      socksey, DeaDice,
5.      kent, pollemanden, adreas_graf, rif_raf,
9.      vegas_vic, aviator, Cigale,

See you next week at 1600 UTC or 1100 Dallas time!    :yes:

socksey

The world cannot be discovered by a journey of miles . . . only by a spiritual journey . . . by which we arrive at the ground at our feet, and learn to be at home. - Wendell Berry

socksey

Results 8 Apr 11, TourneyBot #4006, 13 players:

1. zackf   :nr1:
2. vegas_vic
3. Damma, lollilalla
5. aviator, kent, WildThing, yoyo
9. socksey, Cloxo, rif_raf, Cigale, Cinderella

See you next week at 1600 UTC or 1100 Dallas time!    :yes:  

socksey

A man may smile and bid you hail Yet wish you to the devil;  But when a good dog wags his tail, You know he's on the level. ~ Author Unknown

socksey

Results 15 Apr 11, TourneyBot #4025, 17 players:

1. vegas_vic   :nr1:
2. DisraeliGears
3. BalorEye, chicagopopo
5. austin, Damma, adrian, zackf
9. aviator, rif_raf, kent, Cigale, socksey, diane, DichiBerlin, WiFi
17. pollemanden

See you next week at 1600 UTC or 1100 Dallas time!   :yes:   

socksey

Ever consider what our dogs must think of us? I mean, here we come back from a grocery store with the most amazing haul chicken, pork, half a cow. They must think we're the greatest hunters on earth! - Anne Tyler

socksey

Results 22 Apr 11, TourneyBot #4042, 13 players:

1. Slipshod   :nr1:
2. WildThing
3. socksey, Cloxo,
5. KissMyAss, kent, rif_raf, WiFi,
9. silent_greek, aviator, Cigale, qizwiz, blotsalot,

socksey

"Bombs do not choose. They will hit everything." – Nikita Khrushchev, Premier of the Soviet Union, born in 1894

socksey

Results 29 Apr 11, TourneyBot #4063, 24 players:

1. vegas_vic   :nr1:
2. magic_one
3. kent, zackf
5. Cigale, rollingfool, pollemanden, Krazula
9. dorbel, ifaesfu, socksey, grolactwo, csg, EchoSierra, WiFi, aviator
17. rif_raf, silent_greek, DeaDice, sunray, GabiBilu, mr_friendly, jade, snapdragon

See you next week at 1600 UTC or 1100 Dallas time!    :yes:

socksey

"I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark burn out in a brilliant blaze than it be stifled by dry-rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet." - Jack London

socksey

Results 6 May 11, Tourneybot #4085, 13 players:

1. donzaemon   :nr1:
2. vegas_vic
3. Cigale, yoyo
5. sixtie, inim, Perfect_Celle, socksey
9. GreenChile, zackf, Tom, pollemanden, DeaDice

socksey

I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that - Martin Luther King, Jr.

socksey

13 May 11 standings for "Fri3 3/5 Tournament" (Tourney #4104 with 19 players):

1. dorbel   :nr1:
2. cowgirl
3. ginnytonic, vegas_vic
5. Krazula, inim, zackf, PersianLord
9. socksey, kent, aviator, pollemanden, DeaDice, qizwiz, Perfect_Celle, rif_raf
17. Tom, csg, Cigale

socksey

Marriage is like a deck of cards...........In the beginning all you need is two hearts and a diamond.  By the end, wish you had a fucking club and a spade. - unknown

socksey

20 May 11, Standings for "Fri3 3/5 Tournament" (Tourney #4126 with 22 players):

1. kent   :nr1:
2. sixtie
3. Perfect_Celle, burton
5. inim, csg, TriAtma_III, hotschtick
9. Anhinga, qizwiz, aviator, ThorRolls, yocha, Tom, zackf, Cloxo
17. austin, vegas_vic, Cigale, Cirruswolke, rif_raf, chicagopopo

See you next week at 1600 UTC or 1100 Dallas time!   :yes:  

socksey

"Jewelry takes people's minds off your wrinkles." - Sonja Henie

socksey

27 May 11, Standings for "Fri3 3/5 Tournament" (Tourney #4142 with 18 players):

1. Perfect_Celle :nrl:
2. csg
3. Damma, socksey
5. rif_raf, magic_one, zackf, inim
9. vegas_vic, aviator, zbilbo, pollemanden, Zorba, DisraeliGears, Dossae, without
17. Cigale, Ignaz,

socksey

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says~~"Oh Crap, She's up!"

socksey

3 Jun 11, Standings for "Fri3 3/5 Tournament" (Tourney #4159 with 16 players):

1. pollemanden   :nr1:
2. kid_pantyhose
3. zackf, Damma
5. socksey, Cigale, roxywahine, virtuosity
9. sixtie, Perfect_Celle, vegas_vic, aviator, kent, sunray, csg, burton

socksey

"Man, once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous. . . ." Thomas Jefferson

socksey

10 Jun 11, Standings for "F3 - Fri 3/5 Tournament" (Tourney #4175 with 15 players):

1. yoyo   :nr1:
2. rif_raf
3. Cloxo, Cigale
5. DeaDice, aviator, vegas_vic, pollemanden
9. Perfect_Celle, burton, Linus, zbilbo, kent, silent_greek, csg

socksey

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. - unknown

socksey

17 Jun 11, TourneyBot: Standings for "F3 - Fri 3/5 Tournament" (Tourney #4192 with 21 players):

1. Perfect_Celle   :nr1:
2. dorbel
3. zbilbo, vegas_vic
5. burton, Cigale, silent_greek, sixtie
9. socksey, csg, rif_raf, diddydos, hoboken, WiFi, Miccimalou, Cirruswolke
17. kent, aviator, MightAsWell, zackf, MacMom

socksey

"I do not pray. . . . I do not expect God to single me out and grant me advantages over my fellow men. . . . Prayer seems to me a cry of weakness, and an attempt to avoid, by trickery, the rules of the game as laid down. I do not choose to admit weakness. I accept the challenge of responsibility." Zora Neale Hurston

socksey

24 Jun 11, Standings for "F3 - Fri 3/5 Tournament" (Tourney #4208 with 20 players):

1. yoyo :nr1:
2. sixtie
3. silent_greek, BSinclair
5. aviator, Vanilla_Gorilla_, csg, socksey
9. aegidius, dorbel, kent, spielberg, Iceborg, Damma, Hades, rif_raf
17. ThorRolls, Perfect_Celle, dnikeeb, pollemanden

socksey

"You never saw a very busy person who was unhappy." - by American social activist Dorothea Dix born in 1802

socksey

1 Jul 11, Standings for "F3 - Fri 3/5 Tournament" (Tourney #4224 with 19 players):

1. csg   :nr1:
2. truckergirl
3. Harvey, Ajax_the_Lesser
5. PersianLord, spielberg, sixtie, Perfect_Celle
9. aviator, aegidius, pollemanden, LuckyDice, Miccimalou, EU_IL_G_FORCE, socksey, Damma,
17. Cigale, zackf, ThorRolls

socksey

"Do not worry if you have built your castles in the air. They are where they should be. Now put the foundations under them." - Henry David Thoreau
[/b]

socksey

8 Jul 11, Standings for "F3 - Fri 3/5 Tournament" (Tourney #4240 with 18 players):

1. spielberg   :nr1:
2. zackf
3. Ajax_the_Lesser, Cloxo
5. Perfect_Celle, Cigale, bloodymary, IknowItAll
9. inatizz, Kyalia, MacMom, aegidius, aviator, lambda_phage, socksey, Krazula
17. yoyo, sixtie

socksey

"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think hard before starting a war." - German statesman Otto von Bismarck born in 1815

socksey

15 Jul 11, Standings for "F3 - Fri 3/5 Tournament" (Tourney #4259 with 20 players):

1. kent   :nr1:
2. Damma
3. the_Blade, jpb
5. crazy, rif_raf, bifz, socksey
9. burton, aviator, csg, inim, rebayona, IknowItAll, hoboken, AvvocatoLaser
17. Cigale, silent_greek, pollemanden, spielberg

socksey

"As we advance in life it becomes more and more difficult, but in fighting the difficulties the inmost strength of the heart is developed." - Dutch painter Vincent van Gogh born in 1853

socksey

23 Jul 11,  Standings for "F3 - Fri 3/5 Tournament" (Tourney #4278 with 17 players):

1.     pollemanden,
2.     Magicalman,
3.     Woolly, socksey,
5.     Cigale, bolagno, doubleornothing, IknowItAll,
9.     blotsalot, Cloxo, silent_greek, Ignaz, aviator, burton, csg, ThorRolls
17.   kent

socksey

"For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream." - Dutch painter Vincent van Gogh born in 1853

socksey

29 Jul 11, Standings for "F3 - Fri 3/5 Tournament" (Tourney #4298 with 21 players):

1. socksey   :nr1:
2. TriAtma_III
3. RambaZamba, KDP
5. zackf, Cigale, silent_greek, kent
9. aegidius, jhyde, Perfect_Celle, Cinderella, ThorRolls, aviator, IknowItAll, yoyo
17. spielberg, Cloxo, the_Blade, burton, rif_raf

socksey

I had a rose named after me and I was very flattered.  But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalogue: - 'No good in a bed, but fine against a wall.' - Eleanor Roosevelt

socksey

5 Aug 11, Standings for "F3 - Fri 3/5 Tournament" (Tourney
#4317 with 18 players):

1. dnikeeb   :nr1:
2. socksey
3. WiFi, Perfect_Celle
5. yuri, __RHODEISLAND__USA, Cinderella, IknowItAll
9. zackf, LuckyDice, rif_raf, aviator, kent, SleepingWithMachines, Cigale, csg
17. Cirruswolke, MacMom

socksey

The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending; and to have the two as close together as possible
- George Burns

socksey

12 Aug 11, Standings for "F3 - Fri 3/5 Tournament" (Tourney #4340 with 22 players):

1.    sixtie  TPR 22   :nr1:
2.    Cirruswolke  TPR 13
3.    aviator, Perfect_Celle,  TPR 8 each
5.    LuckyDice, burton, kent, csg,  TPR 4 each
9.    vegas_vic, chicagopopo, SleepingWithMachines, ginnytonic, Tom, zackf,   
        Cigale, IknowItAll,  TPR 3 each           
17.    aramat, socksey, rif_raf, maggi, DeaDice, silent_greek,  TPR 1 each

See you next week at 1600 UTC or 1100 Dallas time!     :yes:   

socksey

"You can't change where you came from. You can change where you are going." - Anonymous

socksey

19 Aug 11, Standings for "F3 - Fri 3/5 Tournament" (Tourney #4359 with 17 players):

1.    omarazar TPR 17   :nr1:
2.    Perfect_Celle  TPR 10
3.    Cigale, ThorRolls,  TPR 6 each
5.    csg, aviator, zackf, burton,  TPR 3 each
9.    the_Blade, IknowItAll, yoyo, Cirruswolke, perhof, spielberg, rif_raf,     
        LuckyDice,  TPR 2 each
17. WiFi  TPR 1

socksey

Food is the moral right of all who are born into this world. - American agriculturalist, recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize, Norman Borlaug, born in 1914

socksey

26 Aug 11, Standings for "F3 - Fri 3/5 Tournament" (Tourney #4378 with 20 players):

1.      Cigale TPR  20   :nr1:
2.      Linus TPR  12
3.      zbilbo LuckyDice,  TPR 7 each
5.      socksey. rif_raf. kent. vegas_vic.  TPR 4 each
9.      Tom, ThorRolls, aviator, aegidius, manxcat, Princess_Poopsie, yoyo, csg, 
          TPR 2 each
17.    Naavanaxx, zackf, burton, IknowItAll,  TPR 1 each

Thanks to all the players!     :wub:     

socksey

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint. - Mark Twain

socksey

2 Sep 11, Standings for "F3 - Fri 3/5 Tournament" (Tourney #4394 with 19 players):

1.      spielberg  TPR 19   :nr1:
2.      scottsalisbury   TPR 11
3.      WiFi, burton,   TPR 7 each
5.      DavidF, mr_friendly, inim, Cigale,  TPR 4 each
9.      socksey, csg, LuckyDice, rif_raf, omarazar, maggi, rebayona, Damma,
          TPR    2 each
17.      vegas_vic, IknowItAll, pollemanden,  TPR 1 each

socksey

"There are certain bridges that are not worth crossing, no matter what others think. Loyalty and relationships are important." - Tony Dungy

socksey

9 Sep 11, Standings for "F3 - Fri 3/5 Tournament" (Tourney #4410 with 20 players):

1.     Perfect_Celle  TPR 20
2.     zackf  TPR 12
3.     aviator, aegidius, TPR 7 each
5.     spielberg, kent, IknowItAll, LuckyDice,  TPR 4 each
9.     Cigale, scottsalisbury, socksey, Tom, yoyo, jpb, cocoliso
         ,rif_raf,  TPR 2 each
17.   Damma, Tyrion, Catweazle, burton,  TPR 1 each

socksey

"Until one has loved an animal,  part of their soul remains unawakened." - unknown

socksey

16 Sep 11, Standings for "F3 - Fri 3/5 Tournament" (Tourney #4429 with 17 players):

1.     BalorEye  TPR 17   :nr1:
2.     Tom  TPR 10 
3.     Cigale, spielberg,  TPR6 each
5.     scottsalisbury, zackf, Perfect_Celle, ThorRolls,  TPR 3 each
9.     AvvocatoLaser, burton, Johnny_Boy, twothousandpts, NinePointNinja,
         socksey, yoyo, aviator,  TPR 2 each
17.     Damma  TPR 1

socksey

I have never hated a man enough to give his diamonds back. - Zsa Zsa Gabor

socksey

23 Sep 11, Standings for "F3 - Fri 3/5 Tournament" (Tourney #4449 with 22 players):

1.      boilermaker  TPR 22   :nr1:
2.      vegas_vic  TPR 13
3.      ThorRolls, twothousandpts,  TPR 8 each
5.      socksey, Cigale, NinePointNinja, pollemanden,  TPR 4 each
9.      Tom, aviator, zackf, TIGER_B_G, MISS_IRAN, burton, Dreadtower,
          lollilalla,  TPR 3 each
17.      Perfect_Celle, BalorEye, Tyrion, LadyLinda, resh, Pupsi,  TPR 1 each

socksey

Money can't buy you happiness .... But it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.
- Spike Milligan

socksey

30 Sep 11, Standings for "F3 - Fri 3/5 Tournament" (Tourney #4469 with 20 players):

1.     BalorEye  TPR 20  :nr1:
2.     spielberg  TPR 12
3.     Harley_Benton, zackf,  TPR 7 each
5.     supermane, resh, socksey, maggi,  TPR 4 each
9.     yoyo, Cinderella, LadyLinda, zbilbo, aegidius, dorbel, Tom,
         aviator,  TPR 2 each
17.   Cloxo,, IknowItAll, burton, Cigale,  TPR 1 each

socksey

I don't feel old. I don't feel anything until noon. Then it's time for my nap. - Bob Hope

socksey

14 Oct 11, Standings for "F3 - Fri 3/5 Tournament" (Tourney #4517 with 21 players):

1.      zackf  TPR 21   :nr1:
2.      socksey  TPR 13
3.      LuckyDice, sunray,  TPR 7 each
5.      scottsalisbury, Pupsi-#12 Tom-#2 Cigale-#11 TPR 4
9.      perhof-#17 yoyo, LadyLinda, burton, IknowItAll, NinePointNinja, inim,
          AvvocatoLaser,  TPR 2 each
17.    Dreadtower, zbilbo, inatizz, vegas_vic, aviator,  TPR 1 each

socksey

May your troubles be less, may your blessings be more, and May nothing but happiness come through your door. - unknown

socksey

21 Oct 11, Standings for "F3 - Fri 3/5 Tournament" (Tourney #4533 with 20 players):

1.     yoyo  TPR 20   :nr1:
2.     pollemanden  TPR 12
3.     Linus, Bamse,  TPR 7 each
5.    dormy, aegidius, zackf, zbilbo,  TPR 4 each
9.     burton, socksey, vegas_vic, resh, spielberg, NinePointNinja, MISS_IRAN,
         LuckyDice,  TPR 2 each
17.   aviator, kent, Cigale, IknowItAll,  TPR 1 each

socksey

Law of Gravity - Any tool, nut, bolt, screw, when dropped, will roll to the least accessible corner.

socksey

28 Oct 11, Standings for "F3 - Fri 3/5 Tournament" (Tourney #4549 with 18 players):

1.      Cloxo  TPR 18   :nr1:
2.      yukon  TPR 11
3.      NinePointNinja, Tom,  TPR 6 each
5.      burton, aviator, scottsalisbury, zackf,  TPR 4 each
9.      vegas_vic, zbilbo, wims, Cigale, pollemanden, dormy, resh,
         synergy,  TPR 2 each
17.    rif_raf, socksey,  TPR 1 each

socksey

The world cannot be discovered by a journey of miles...onl by a spiritual journey...by which we arrive at the ground at our feet, and learn to be home. - Wendell Berry

socksey

4 Nov 11, Standings for "F3 - Fri 3/5 Tournament" (Tourney #4564 with 13 players):

1.    ifaesfu  TPR 13   :nr1:
2.    socksey  TPR 8
3.    NinePointNinja, Cigale,  TPR 5 each
5.    coachwalker, burton, zackf, aegidius  TPR 3 each
9.    aviator, spielberg, twist, resh, jackdaddy,  TPR 2 each

Thanks to all the players!               

Next week will be a change of time for us, so see you next week at 1500 UTC or 1100 Dallas time!  Use meeting planner at WorldClock to stay straight on time where you are here:  http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meeting.html               

socksey

The highest form of wisdom is kindness. - The Talmud

socksey

11 Nov 11, Standings for "F3 - Fri 3/5 Tournament" (Tourney #4581 with 16 players):

1.      LuckyDice  TPR 16   :nr1:
2.      resh  TPR 10
3.      zackf, yoyo,  TPR 6 each
5.      Cloxo, burton, socksey, Cigale,  TPR 3 each
9.      jimeez, zbilbo, rif_raf, Tom, rollingfool, BOS, rossa, aviator,
         TPR 2 each

See you next week at 1500 UTC or 1100 Dallas time!    :yes:             

socksey

We cannot tell what may happen to us in the strange medley of life. But we can decide what happens in us------how we can take it, what we do with it------and that is what really counts in the end. - Joseph Fort Newton

socksey

18 Nov 11, Standings for "F3 - Fri 3/5 Tournament" (Tourney #4599 with 21 players):

1.      MISS_IRAN  TPR 21   :nr1:
2.      Linus  TPR 13
3.      pollemanden, socksey, TPR 7 each
5.      PersianLord, zackf, inim, jule,  TPR 4 each
9.      vegas_vic, stiefnu, rif_raf, Tom, burton, yoyo, aviator,
          resh, TPR 2 each
17.   zbilbo, austin, Cigale, NinePointNinja, aegidius, TPR 1 each

See you next week at 1500 UTC or 1100 Dallas time!   :yes:                 

socksey

Patience is the key to paradise. - Turkish proverb

socksey

25 Nov 11, Standings for "F3 - Fri 3/5 Tournament" (Tourney #4615 with 19 players):

1.      resh  TPR 19   :nr1:
2.      socksey  TPR 11
3.      Cigale, boop,  TPR 7 each
5.      aviator, Pupsi, DavidF, LuckyDice,  TPR 4 each
9.      vegas_vic, rif_raf, NinePointNinja, MISS_IRAN, aegidius,
         Princess_Poopsie, Linus, pollemanden,  TPR 2 each
17.    zbilbo, humanbot, burton,  TPR 1 each

socksey

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." - P(atrick) J(ake) O'Rourke

socksey

2 Dec 11, Standings for "Fri 3/5 Tournament" (Tourney #4631 with 20 players):

1.      Zorba  TPR 20   :nr1:
2.      zackf  TPR 12
3.      austin, LuckyDice,  TPR 7 each
5.      blotsalot, yoyo, aviator, burton,  TPR 4 each
9.      Tom, pollemanden, Miccimalou, yes, resh, vegas_vic,
          zbilbo, MISS_IRAN,  TPR 2 each
17.    socksey, magic_one rif_raf, captainmubbers,
          TPR 1 each

socksey

Every setback might be the very thing that makes your carry on and fight all the harder and become much better. - Les Paul

socksey

9 Dec 11, TourneyBot: Standings for "F3 - Fri 3/5 Tournament" (Tourney #4647 with 20 players):

1.      zackf  TPR 20   :nr1:
2.      burton  TPR 12
3.      Cigale, Johnny_Boy,  TPR 7 each
5.      socksey, Toado, TriAtma_III, perhof,  TPR 4 each
9.      Tom, yes, LuckyDice, Bamse, rif_raf, magic_one, BOS,
          zbilbo,  TPR 2 each
17.      Bine, aviator, DeaDice, resh,  TPR 1 each

socksey

"No modest man ever did or ever will make a fortune." - Mary Wortley Montagu

socksey

16 Dec 11, Standings for F3 (#4665) with 13 players):

1.      aviator  TPR 13  :nr1:
2.      Cigale  TPR 8
3.      socksey, burton,  TPR 5
5.      magoosix, captainmubbers, vegas_vic, Tom,  TPR 3
9.      yoyo, zbilbo, pollemanden, LuckyDice, rif_raf,  TPR 2

Thanks to all the players!    :wub:   

See you next week at 1500 UTC or 1100 Dallas time!    :yes:   

socksey

"Most gentlemen don't like love, they just like to kick it around." - Cole Porter

socksey

23 Dec 11, Standings for F3 (#4682) with 14 players):

1.    LuckyDice TPR 14   :nr1:
2.    pollemanden  TPR 8
3.    aviator, socksey,  TPR 5
5.    KobZero, Cloxo, burton, vegas_vic,  TPR 3
9.    nofear, dorbel, rollingfool, yes, yukon, rif_raf,  TPR 2

socksey

The question is not what a man can scorn, or disparage, or find fault with, but what he can love, and value, and appreciate. - John Ruskin     

socksey

30 Dec 11, Standings for F3 (#4698) with 22 players):

1.      magic_one  TPR 22   :nr1:
2.      socksey  TPR 13
3.      ian_norway, dorbel,  TPR 8 each
5.      resh, TriAtma_III, DavidF, burton,  TPR 4 each
9.      LuckyDice, captainmubbers, aviator, yoyo, yes, millennium,
         rif_raf, zackf,  TPR 3 each
17.    grrr, KobZero, MISS_IRAN, rollingfool, zbilbo, pollemanden,
         TPR 1 each

socksey

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they
went. - Will Rogers

socksey

Results 6 Jan 12, http://challonge.com/6_jan_12, 26 players:

Congrats to resh, Supreme Champion    nr1  of todays Fri3 Tournament and to Worthy Adversary, zackf!    applaus004

See you next week at 1700 UTC or 1100 Dallas time!    Smiley

socksey

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you;  that is the principal difference between a dog and a man. - Mark Twain

socksey

13 Jan 12, Standings for F3 (#4740) with 25 players):

1.      vegas_vic  TPR 25   :nr1:
2.      millennium  TPR 15
3.      Cigale, resh  TPR 9 each
5.      hoboken, BOS, Cloxo, dnikeeb, TPR 5 each
9.      MacMom, pollemanden, Tom, captainmubbers, socksey, yoyo,
         LuckyDice, MISS_IRAN, TPR 3 each
17.    perhof, burton, dorbel, yes, aviator, zackf, adrian, rif_raf, PersianLord,
          TPR 1 each

socksey

Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~ Franklin P. Jones

diane

Never give up on the things that make you smile

socksey

Quote from: diane on January 14, 2012, 10:40:10 PM
Does this match well with

http://www.fibsboard.com/tourneybot-results/f3-2012-results/msg29298/?topicseen#new ?

Precisely, as far as points go.  I prefer the look of this post.  Are you suggesting  I cease and desist my posting  here?

socksey

Don't accept your dog 's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful. - Ann Landers

diane

I was more checking if the bot calculations were now inline with the original calculations we gave to this tournament.

Seems silly to me to have two posts though - I would only post if the bot messes up. But then you have more free time on yer hands than I do - so it is entirely up to you.

If you are going to keep posting, might be worth stopping the bot doing it - I don't think it needs to to be able to calculate the TPR totals.

The point was to automate as much as possible, so TDs have a much lower workload and more time to enter the tournaments.
Never give up on the things that make you smile

socksey

I've been using  the automated TPR points for Fri3, but not for Mini-Matches since those are calculated differently.  

You're right.  Silly of me to post Fri3 now.

socksey

Properly trained, a Man can be Dog's best friend. ~ Corey Ford

socksey

Today an old problem was revisited about watching  policies during the final tourney match which initiated the following  rules which I am re-posting  for the benefit of older tourney players who may have forgotten, or for new players who do not know.   

Additionally, since the old Fri3 point system was different from the current TPR points system, I will be resuming the separate posting of Fri3 along with monthly totals for a monthly winner of this tournament beginning next month.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

16 Nov 10 - New Rules for Fri3 and Mini-Matches

In order for you to participate in Fri3 or Mini-Matches tournaments, you must put all personal problems with any other player aside, at least for the time the tournament takes. You must not refuse to play with anyone just because you don't like them, because they insulted your mother, ran over your dog, flipped you the bird, drive-by shot your wife, or for any other reason!

When you join a tournament that is free, has no prizes, has a tournament director who is giving of his or her free time and good will, you have a responsibility to give your full attention to the play and play your matches in a timely manner without causing undue problems for everyone.

For instance, if you engage in another match outside the tournament, and are intent on finishing that match when the tournament begins, you are delaying from 4 - 32 people in the tournament.  As I have announced during tourneys many times, tell your (un)tournament opponent that you are in the tournament and will resume that game at another time, then leave and start your tournament match.

If someone insults you in the tournament in any way, you must realize that this happens in tournaments, live or not, but, unlike live tournaments, you have the option to "gag" your opponent on Fibs. That's all you have to do. Gag your opponent if you don't like what is being said to you, but you must continue your match.

Blinding anyone for the tournament finals unless they are specifically interrupting in kibitz will be prohibited.  The tournament is for the enjoyment and learning experience for all.  So, please, put your differences aside and enjoy the games!

Keep in mind that we have some new backgammon players amongst us and they do not always know what is appropriate.  Give people some slack and help them out when needed.
Above all, keep it fun and enjoy the games!

socksey

I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult.. - Rita Rudner

socksey

Results Fri3 Tournament, 3 Feb 12, TourneyBot #4793, 22* players:

1.      yoyo  13   :nr1:
2.      vegas_vic, hoboken, captainmubbers,  5 each
5.      socksey, LuckyDice, Pupsi, jackdaddy, PersianLord, aviator,
        burton,  3 each
12.    Bamse, zackf, Tom AvvacatoLaser, resh, zbilbo, moondog,
         Cigale, yes, 1 each

2 players were forfeited out of tourney and will be banned until further notice..

Thanks to all the players!    :wub:   

See you next week at 1600 UTC or 1100 Dallas time!    :yes:

socksey

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office. - Aesop

socksey

Results 10 Feb 12, TourneyBot #4811, 20 players:

1.      zackf  15   :nr1:
2.      captainmubbers  11
3.      LuckyDice  7
4.      rollingfool, zbilbo, rif_raf,  5 each
7.      hoboken  3
8.      rebayona, SleepingWithMachines, Princess_Poopsie,
         AvvocatoLaser, Tom, burton, yoyo, vegas_vic,
         socksey, resh, Cigale, pollemanden,  1 each

Cumulative points for February 2012:

1.      captainmubbers, zackf,  16 each
3.      yoyo  14
4.      LuckyDice  10
5.      hoboken  8
6.      vegas_vic, zbilbo,  6 each
8.      rollingfool, kent, rif_raf,  5 each
11.    socksey, burton,  4 each
13.    Pupsi, jackdaddy, PersianLord, aviator,  3 each
17.    AvvacatoLaser, resh, Cigale,  2 each
20.    Bamse, moondog, yes, rebayona, SleepingWithMachines,
         Princess_Poopsie, Tom, pollemanden,  1 each

socksey

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. - Ambrose Bierce

socksey

Rusults 17 Feb 12, TourneyBot #4835, 20 players:

1.      blotsalot  15   :nr1:
2.      zackf  11
3.      MISS_IRAN  7
4.      autuer, Tom, zbilbo,  5 each
7.      yukon, rebayono, aviator,  3 each
10.    jackdaddy, Player_One, socksey, DavidF, burton, rif_raf,
         pollemanden, Princess_Poopsie, yoyo, TriAtma_III,
         captainmubbers,  1 each

Cumulative points for February, 2012:

1.      zackf  27
2.      captainmubbers  17
3.      yoyo, blotsalot,  15 each
5.      zbilbo  11
6.      LuckyDice  10
7.      hoboken  8
8.      MISS_IRAN  7
9.      vegas_vic, aviator, rif_raf, Tom,  6 each
13.    socksey, burton, rollingfool, kent, autuer,  5 each
18.    jackdaddy, rebayona,  4 each
20.    Pupsi, PersianLord, yukon,  3 each
21.    AvvacatoLaser, resh, Cigale, Princess_Poopsie,
          pollemanden,  2 each
28.    Bamse, moondog, yes, SleepingWithMachines,
          Player_One, DavidF, TriAtma_III,  1 each

socksey

Law of Mechanical Repair - After your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee. - from Lorenz’s Law of Mechanical Repair

socksey

Results 24 Feb 12, TourneyBot #4855, 17 players:

1.      Cigale  15   :nr1:
2.      hoboken  11
3.      resh, ignaz,  5 each
5.      pollemanden, yoyo, zackf, aviator, kent,  3 each
10.    renaka, millennium, ana, zbilbo, Amy, Johnny_Boy,
         BaylorEye,  1 each

Cumulative points for February, 2012:

1.      zackf  30   :nr1:
2.      hoboken  19
3.      yoyo  18
4.      captainmubbers, Cigale,  17 each
6.      blotsalot  15
7.      zbilbo  12
8.      LuckyDice  10
9.      aviator  9
10.    kent  8
11.    resh, MISS_IRAN,  7 each
13.    vegas_vic, rif_raf, Tom,  6 each
16.    socksey, burton, rollingfool, pollmanden, autuer, ignaz,
          5 each
22.    jackdaddy, rebayona,  4 each     
24.    Pupsi, PersianLord, yukon,  3 each
27.    AvvacatoLaser, Princess_Poopsie,  2 each
29.    Bamse, moondog, yes, SleepingWithMachines,
          Player_One, DavidF, TriAtma_III, renaka, millennium,
         ana, Amy, Johnny_Boy, BaylorEye,  1 each

Congrats to Cigale, today's winner, and to zackf who is our player of the month!   :)

socksey

‘Ole!’ to you, just for having the sheer human love and stubbornness to keep showing up.” - Elizabeth Gilbert

socksey

Results 2 Mar 12, TourneyBot #4876, 22 players:

1.      sixtie  15   :nr1:
2.      Cigale  11
3.      vegas_vic, sackofjaweea, autuer,  5 each
6.      MISS_IRAN, BOS, inim, hoboken,  3 each
10.    zackf, PersianLord, Anhinga, aviator, yoyo, burton,
          pollemanden, resh, BaylorEye, Tom, Johnny_Boy,
         1 each

Congrats to sixtie!   :thumbsup2:    Nice win and nice second, Cigale!   :smile:

These scores do not reflect TPR points, but only Fri3 calculation for today and for winner for the month for Fri3 only.  :)

socksey

"I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees for they have no tongues." - Dr. Seuss (The Lorax)

socksey

Results 9 Mar 12, TourneyBot #4898, 18 players:

1.      rebayona  15   :nr1:
2.      perhof  11
3.      pollemanden, zbilbo, resh,  5 each
6.      Stavanger, socksey, abi, aviator,  3 each
10.    burton, sackofjaweea, ian_norway, zackf, captainmubbers,
         iowcoops, Tom, rif_raf, hoboken,  1 each

Congrats, nice win, rebayona, :nrl: and nice second, perhof!   

These scores do not reflect TPR points, but only Fri3 calculation for today and for winner for the month for Fri3 only. 

Cumulative points for March 2012:

1.      sixtie, rebayona,  15 each
3.      Cigale, perof,  11 each
5.      sackofjaweea, pollemanden, resh,  6 each
8.      vegas_vic, autuer, zbilbo,  5 each
11.    hoboken, aviator,  4 each
13.    MISS_IRAN, BOS, inim, Stavanger, socksey, abi,  3 each
19.    Tom, zackf, burton,  2 each
22.    PersianLord, Anhinga, yoyo, Baylor_Eye,
          Johnny_Boy, ian_norway, captainmubbers, iowcoops,
          rif_raf,  1 each       

socksey

It's all right letting yourself go as long as you can let yourself back. - Mick Jagger (1943 - )

socksey

Results 16 Mar 12, TourneyBot #4916, 14 players:

1.      aviator  11   :nr1:
2.      captainmubbers  9
3.      sackofjaweea  5
4.      roxywahine, dorbel, yes, pollemanden,  3 each
7.      yoyo, rif_raf, socksey, zackf, resh, Tom, burton,
         1 each

Wtg, aviator!  Congrats!   ;)  Mubbers, nice going to take two second places today, here and Kiwi (but, he cheats, of course)!   :yes:

These scores do not reflect TPR points, but only Fri3 calculation for today and for winner for the month for Fri3 only. 

1.      sixtie, aviator, rebayona,  15 each
4.      Cigale, sackofjaweea, perhof,  11 each
7.      captainmubbers  10
8.      pollemanden  9
9.      resh  7
10.    vegas_vic, autuer, zbilbo,  5 each
13.    hoboken, socksey,  4 each
15.    MISS_IRAN, BOS, inim, zackf, burton, Stavanger, abi,
         roxywahine, dorbel, yes, Tom,  3 each
25.    yoyo, rif_raf,  2 each
28.    PersianLord, Anhinga, BaylorEye, Johnny_Boy,
         ian_norway, iowcoops,  1 each

Thanks to all the players!    wub

See you next week at 1600 UTC or 1100 Dallas time!    Yes

socksey

Every now and again take a good look at something not made with hands---a mountain, a star, the turn of a stream.  There will come to you wisdom and patience and solace and, above all, the assurance that you are not alone in the world. - Sidney Lovett

socksey

Results 23 Mar 12, TourneyBot #4940, 19 players:

1.      blotsalot  15    :nr1:                                                                                                   
2.      sixtie  11
3.      burton, aviator,  7 each
5.      socksey, DavidF, Tom,  3 each
8.      MacMom, hoboken, Ignaz, zackf, resh, kent, trrroglodyte,
         rif_raf, captainmubbers, umbalata, AvvocastoLaser,
         yoyo,  1 each

Congrats blotsalot for today's win!   :thumbsup2:  Nicely done!  Good 2nd, sixtie!  Great final even though blotsey could roll no wrong !   :laugh:

1.      sixtie  26
2.      aviator  22
3.      rebayona, blotsalot,  15 each
5.      Cigale, sackofjaweea, perhof, captainmubbers,  11 each
9.      burton  10
10.    pollemanden  9
11.    resh  8
12.    socksey  7
13.    vegas_vic, autuer, hoboken, zbilbo,  5 each
17.    zackf  4
18.    MISS_IRAN, BOS, inim, Tom, Stavanger, abi, rif_raf,
         roxywahine, dorbel, yes, DavidF,  3 each
29.    PersianLord, Anhinga, BaylorEye, Johnny_Boy,
         ian_norway,  iowcoops, MacMom, Ignaz, kent,
         trrroglodyte, umbalata, AvvocatoLaser, 1 each

These scores do not reflect TPR points, but only Fri3 calculation for today and totals for the month for Fri3 only. 

socksey

Only the weak are cruel.  Gentleness can only be expected from the strong. - Leo Buscaglia

socksey

Results, 30 Mar 12, TourneyBot #4766, 12 players:

1.    resh  13   :nr1:
2.    zackf  9
3.    LuckyDice  5
4.    Amy, Tom, DisraeliGears,  3 each
7.    yoyo, pollemanden, burton, rif_raf, captainmubbers,
       socksey,  1 each

Congrats to resh, today's winner and to 2nd place, zackf!  :)

1.      sixtie  26   :nr1:
2.      aviator  22
3.      resh  21
4.      blotsalot, rebayona,  15 each
6.      zackf  13
7.      captainmubbers  12
8.      Cigale, sackofjaweea, burton, perhof,  11 each
12.    pollemanden  10
13.    socksey  8
14.    Tom  6
15.    vegas_vic, autuer, hoboken, yoyo, zbilbo, LuckyDice,
          5 each
21.    MISS_IRAN, BOS, inim, Stavanger, abi, roxywahine,
         dorbel, yes, DavidF, Amy, DisraeliGears,  3 each
32.    PersianLord, Anhinga, BaylorEye, Johnny_Boy,
         ian_norway, iowcoops, MacMom, Ignaz, kent,
         trrroglodyte, umbalatoa, AvvocatoLaser,  1 each

Well done, sixtie, who is our monthly champ!   :cool:

These scores do not reflect TPR points, but only Fri3 calculation for today and totals for the month for Fri3 only.

socksey

If I don't have wisdom, I can teach you only ignorance. - Leo Buscaglia

socksey

Results 6 Apr 12, http://challonge.com/fri3_6_apr_12, 6 players:

1.    captainmubbers  13   :nr1:
2.    LuckyDice  9
3.    MISS_IRAN  3
4.    socksey, Ginola, rif_raf  1 each

Congrats to the captain for today's win and to LuckyDice for 2nd place!   :thumbsup2:

socksey

Every moment is made glorious by the light of love. - Rumi