News:

NEW! Get all Tourneybot Results from the new Board here: http://www.fibsboard.com/tourneybot-results/

Main Menu

shout logs

Started by sixty_something, November 10, 2008, 01:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixty_something

i am attempting to compile a full list of winners of the Bloody Mary "Sunday Special" .. my records are now complete for all but 4 of the now 61 Sundays we have held Bloody Mary tourneys .. these four dates were during the six months i was away from FIBS .. i've tried contacting TD's that ran the tourney during my absence, frequent players, and have mined the ToruneyBot archives with a fine toothed comb, but these 4 dates are still missing .. i have found records for 4 of 8 that were originally missing, but i would love to get the records complete and accurate

if tourneys were held on these dates and no one recalls a Sunday when a Bloody Mary was not held, the shout log may be the only way i can verify these previous winners .. so, before i burden Patti with a request, if full shout logs are even available, does anyone else, like me, routinely save shout logs when you are logged in?

if so, the dates i am missing are:

25-May
8-Jun
15-Jun
6-Jul

a complete list of winners from Seasons I and II can be seen at the Sunday Special FIBSboard thread

thanks .. join us for a Bloody Mary next Sunday and win a :nr1: and an invite into our Season II Championship series
:s40:
A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation. -- Unknown
e-mail me

socksey

I keep logs on file when I'm on but those dates are missing.  Probably my trip to Nova Scotia or for some other reason, I was not on those dates.

socksey

"If once [the people] become inattentive to the public affairs, you and I, and Congress and Assemblies, Judges and Governors, shall all become wolves.  It seems to be the law of our general nature, in spite of individual exceptions." - Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1787. ME 6:58

jackdaddy

If I remember correctly, I think I won those.

socksey

:lol:

socksey

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it." - Ronald Reagan

sixty_something

:hm: all four, jackdaddy? slipshod says he has won at least 6 of the 4! manxcat says she thinks she won one, too .. by czarist decree, as self-appointed Bloody Mary tournament czar, i have awarded manxcat an entry into the 2nd BMSC whether any proof can be found on those missing dates or not, for without manx's devotion to keeping the tourney going during my unexpected and prolonged absence this topic would be mute

:rules: memory alone is a tricky thing, so unless i receive at least two other verifications from memory alone with at least one of those from a likely TD or a runner-up, the best i can do is put you, jackdaddy or others like the allegedly undefeated slipshod, on an alternates list, for now .. i know, for me, it is hard to remember matches that i won yesterday, much less five months or more ago

:help: i am optimistic we may be able to find a shout log from one or more of those dates, before the season end, defined as the date we have 32 eligible and verified winners .. so, hopefully we will know for sure .. if not, i'll make a call about those missing dates as best i can .. regardless, manxcat is in for sure with an invite to BMSC II, as is don, as you'll see below they both deserve it

:thumbsup2: while on that topic, i owe many thanks to other Bloody Mary substitute hosts from March 23rd, when i first lost my internet connection and Spielberg hosted, and through October 12th, when i returned to my first Bloody Mary hosted by Anhinga .. they include at least the following TD's or co-moderators .. many other thanks are due to the many regular players, too many to mention individually, who kept showing up for a Bloody Mary on a Sunday demanding someone host the tourney

Bloody Mary "Season Special" Hosts/Co-Hosts Honor Roll
March 23 to October 12, 2008

[table=]
HOST/CO-HOST, KUDOS, DATES OF HOSTING
don:applaus:  :applaus:  :applaus:  :applaus:  :applaus:  :applaus:  :applaus:,30-Mar 6-Apr 13-Apr 20-Apr 27-Apr 4-May 11-May
Anhinga:applaus:  :applaus:  :applaus:  :applaus:  :applaus:  :applaus: ,31-Aug 14-Sep 21-Sep 28-Sep 5-Oct 12-Oct
WildThing:applaus:  :applaus:  :applaus:  :applaus:,29-Jun 13-Jul   27-Jul   3-Aug   17-Aug   
adrian:applaus:  :applaus:  :applaus:  :applaus:,1-Jun   20-Jul   18-May   3-Aug
manxcat:applaus: :applaus:,15-Jun 22-Jun                  
PersianLord:applaus:  :applaus:,1-Jun    29-Jun               
Spielburg:applaus:  :applaus:,23-Mar   25-May               
truckergirl:applaus:  :applaus:,10-Aug   24-Aug               
Kari_Grandi:applaus:,13-Jul                  
sixty_something:applaus:,18-May                  
socksey:applaus:,7-Sep                  
? ? ? ? ?:applaus:,8-Jun   15-Jun   (no tournament held on 6-Jul)
[/table]

while don leads that list hosting 7 consecutive weeks and deserves other kudos for the help he provided during Season I, manxie, in her several disguises hosted 14 different weeks
thanks again, manxie, in my book you are the official Bloody Mary alpha cat :s38:

e-mail me

jackdaddy

but seriously, i think i did win one.

sixty_something

i hear yah, jackdaddy, but i am trying to be fair and avoid confusion by requiring verification from at least a TD or runner-up .. if you also remember who was hosting or who you played that would help .. i have awarded one win where the records were lost based on recollections from another player, but it was backed up by recollection from the runner-up and another regular player .. so, consider yourself on the alternate list for now .. i will continue to seek shout logs for those missing dates and will contact Patti to see if she can help
e-mail me

spielberg

It is likely you ran one of the two I ran jackdaddy (the 2 with unposted results that is) indeed on this prompt I suspect you did . Unfortunately the only result I could remember when sixty asked me about them was Dea coming second in one of them and he already had that result. (How strange I remembered - I can't think WHAT my motivation.)

I think you're stuck with trying to find it in the shouts sixty, I'm afraid

sixty_something

spielburg's recollection is good enough for me, jackdaddy, assuming evidence to the contrary isn't discovered in the shout logs .. inim has provided me zip files (thanks to a heads up from sarah, yet unopened, for 15-Jun and 6-Jul .. boomslang is also searching and Patti is also on the hunt for  the still missing 25-May (hosted by Spielburg on OogaBot, and 8-Jun .. so, hopefully finding 30 verified and eligible winners plus two spots reserved for super-subs, manxcat and don, is within reach

next time i disappear for 6 months (as i likely will when my grandson and i start playing chess), y'all please post the winners at the Sunday Special thread .. this has turned into quite an adventure trying to verify all previous winners, but my optimism in the comunity covering my back is proving to be well founded

thanks y'all

;) FIBSboard's spell checker is often quite humorous and even omniscient .. manxcat comes up with "inexact" as a suggested spelling which is almost as funny and correct as "sarcastic" suggested for zyxtcba
e-mail me

manxcat

I ran the July 6th tourney.  There was one that day. I remember.  I was home form the sundance.  I also won one. But as who, i couldn't tell ya, i know it was not with anyone else hosting.
Hmmmm, inexact, maybe.
don't be disappearing too soon now.
quote:  does anyone else, like me, routinely save shout logs when you are logged in?                                                                                reply:  not that anal. ;;-))
am pretty sure jackdaddy won one.  he also kept trying to win the Dysfunctional Fibbbers Tourney that i started for zwaaisaartmeester.  But since he insists he is not (dys...) he can only come in second.

I would rather be villified for doing the right thing, than be praised for doing the wrong thing. -unknown, very likely it was me.

manxcat

tourney was held july 6th, i hosted, dunno who i was for sure, but probly WildThing.
I would rather be villified for doing the right thing, than be praised for doing the wrong thing. -unknown, very likely it was me.

sixty_something

i've looked again, manxie, but a second even more careful examination of the shout logs supplied by inim for July 6th revealed several players asking at different times whether a "Bloody Mary" tourney would be held .. there were no positive responses, registration, or annoucement of a winner for a "Bloody Mary" or any other tourney that day .. shortly after the last question about whether there would be a "Bloody Mary" you logged in as WildThing yawned, stretched, and purred .. after greeting everyone and a few conversations one of your last messages before leaving for the day was WildThing shouts: nap time for kitty, PLAY NICE .. at no time while you were logged in did you or anyone else mention a Bloody Mary tourney

memory can be a real trickster, especially after a sundance .. from the shout logs, it looks like you may have dreamed that tourney on the 6th which i'm sure everyone enjoyed .. but unless i have more complete information, i am officially, as self-appointed Bloody Mary czar, leaving the July 6 date as posted - no tourney held
e-mail me

Kari_Grandi

Quote from: manxcat on November 17, 2008, 05:58:07 AM
dunno who i was for sure, but probly WildThing.

That sure sounds kinda weird ;)

spielberg

Quote from: Kari_Grandi on November 17, 2008, 08:15:29 AM
Quote from: manxcat on November 17, 2008, 05:58:07 AM
tourney was held july 6th, i hosted, dunno who i was for sure, but probly WildThing.
That sure sounds kinda weird ;)

Only kinda?

All together now: " WildThing, bah bah bah, You Make My Heart Sing,nah nah nah"
                        " You Make Everything (pause for effect) GROOOOOOOVY"