News:

(**folks need to register to be able to see Fibsboard Forum Match diagrams and vote.** )

Main Menu

Board Migration

Started by stog, November 26, 2008, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stog

this is the new server - say hello (30/1/2009) :)
addendum 29/11/2009
test Migration complete..... awaiting switch (the board is now synced with fibsboard as of sat 29 nov 12.43pm UK time)(attachments up to 25/11/2009)
look around to see if anything needs fixing
thx
(the board will not include posts made after 1pm uk time today or attachments uploaded over the past 4 days)
if/when we migrate you may or may not experience slower/faster - pls let me know - as there is an alt server we can try
fingers crossed
lety me know what you find
it should get faster as your cache starts to fill
although im testing backup regimes at the moment so it could be sluggish(10pm uk time ...onwards thro the night
but we'll know speed better as the week progresses

nearly ready for LIVE migration

socksey

I thought it was a little slower, not much, but there. 

socksey

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." - Anonymous

stog

hi socks

it should be quicker the second time you access as many images will then be in your cache

also it will as always depend on time
it is a european server - probably slowest 7-10 in the eve

if speed becomes an issue, then there is an option to use a US server but there are complications (many) with migrations such as these and, if this test site works out , it will probably be best to let the board "bed in" a while

thx for your feedback

let me know if - it is any faster, second time around

also i am still tweaking scripts so that can cause delay

try registering as new user too if you get a chance
regards
stog

adrian

:cool:
Thx stog! It is good enough it will work and stay online. I tested it . Speed is not an issue imo.
Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.

socksey

It seems fine.   ;)

socksey

"If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library." - Frank Zappa

spielberg

Working well for me this a.m . WTG lakelander.

stog

thx spiel :cool: oh and ive just seen the add image icon! 2nd one from the left above the smileys:)

addendum 29/11/2009

Migration complete..... awaiting switch (the board is now synced with fibsboard as of sat 29 nov 12.43pm UK time)(attachments up to 25/11/2009)
http://www.soul-trade.com/fibs/html/index.php

pls look around to see if anything needs fixing :thumbsup2:

webrunner

We hope to do the final migration somewhere next week. :)

Great work Stog!!
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |