News:

Free Competition --3 won copies of Bgblitz2Go details  here http://www.fibsboard.com/free-competition-win-bgblitz2go-p85

Main Menu

new iphone/mobile users category

Started by stog, December 26, 2008, 07:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stog

new iphone/mobile users category (>30 mobile users on fibs as i post) - so post your suggestions comments if you are, or play, mobile users. click here

Caliman

:mad:
I think il give up! No established players will accept my invitations, those that do vouch for me to repbot but it seems to make not the slightest bit of difference.
I was dropped twice tonight bringing my total of unfinished matches to 33! Yet I have never dropped a match! What to do? I might as well play a.i. Grrr thanks to those that vouched for me, you know who you are esp socksey :-) its a shame it has come to this but it gets boring watching the list, being ignored by pc players and dropped by hit and run sad losers.
Got that off my chest  :blink:
I can just hope for Odesys to update or something so I can see players rep and saved games etc.
Thanks again to those I have played and given me chance to prove my integrity.
No doubt il be back as I love the game but frustration doesnt come close to how i feel right now grrr
Enjoy your BG its been a good 6 weeks on the whole and ive met some real gen nice people shame about the bigots. Farewell fibsters !
Rickochet on Fibs. Converted from mobile odesys to 3d fibs on pc.

stog

hi rick o shea

hope you'll log in to fibs sometime when you are on a desktop which i think will give u a better experience (i rec u use javafibs)

Tomawaky

Quote from: Caliman on January 15, 2009, 12:00:47 AM
I can just hope for Odesys to update or something so I can see players rep and saved games etc.
Thanks again to those I have played and given me chance to prove my integrity.

Bgblitz2go give you the players rep
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

adrian

I watched two newcomers , using IphoneBGOnline. They play pretty fast and they can chat and shout. Starting from today, they won't get automatically on my villains list.
Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.

Caliman

Quote from: Tomawaky on January 15, 2009, 05:32:05 PM
Bgblitz2go give you the players rep
Quote from: adrian on January 21, 2009, 08:54:34 PM
I watched two newcomers , using IphoneBGOnline. They play pretty fast and they can chat and shout. Starting from today, they won't get automatically on my villains list.

Adrian, does that include 3g mobile players using Odesys? Can play fast, chat and interact the same. Just no shouts.
Would you accept an invitation from me? Watch a match then decide!

Caliman

Quote from: stog on January 15, 2009, 09:10:28 AM
hi rick o shea

hope you'll log in to fibs sometime when you are on a desktop which i think will give u a better experience (i rec u use javafibs)

thanks stog, im working on it. Will I have to start over when on a pc or laptop? Or will my current status rep etc remain the same?

adrian

Your status remains the same, since it is linked to your username and NOT to the interface used to connect to FIBS.
About 3g: yea, maybe and Odesys users with a 3g connection can (?) play fast, but I cannot know which ones are having 3g connection available while they are on FIBS, so....
Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.

Caliman

Quote from: Caliman on January 22, 2009, 02:29:31 PM

Adrian, does that include 3g mobile players using Odesys? Can play fast, chat and interact the same. Just no shouts.
Would you accept an invitation from me? Watch a match then decide!
Adrian, 3g is regular broadband speed i-phones are not 3g except the more recent models. So I assume that I can play just as fast as an i-phone player. Comments welcome  :dry:

adrian

Quote from: Caliman on January 28, 2009, 10:10:58 PM
Adrian, 3g is regular broadband speed i-phones are not 3g except the more recent models. So I assume that I can play just as fast as an i-phone player. Comments welcome  :dry:
Well, I will play with you and any other Odesys user that I know it is a REGULAR player or, he is mainly using a PC or MAC client to play and ocassionally Odesys.
ABout 3G, I cannot know which Odesys player uses 3G and which doesn't, and that means they all look the same for me....  :wacko:
Anyway, I erased your nick from my villains list.

Caliman

:cool: nice to know Im not on your villains list Adrian. I look forward to a match with you sometime.

adrian

(we played. I lost. The match took three times longer than a similar one with a "non-mobile" user. )
Get a device that has large keyboard and supports javafibs, 3dfibs, or whatever full-featured client.  :mellow:

Caliman

Yes it was a good match Adrian. If we were not chatting so much it would have been at a normal pace, this is a problem having to txt messages to reply and not be ignorant. I agree the match took longer than usual but due to all the questions! No problem anyway. It was good to have a match. Anyone using a mobile try mobile Fibs app download as this app gives you the command line, lets you watch matches, kibitz, shout etc etc and you get the full list of players so can catch up with droppers ha ha! Even leave a msg for them if not online which they will receive when logging on. Its handy to toggle between the 2 apps on my phone with multitask key, anyway a computer is a priority now im addicted to fibs lol going to use java Fibs on recs from trusted players.

Caliman

Quote from: adrian on January 30, 2009, 11:13:08 PM
(we played. I lost. The match took three times longer than a similar one with a "non-mobile" user. )
Get a device that has large keyboard and supports javafibs, 3dfibs, or whatever full-featured client.  :mellow:
Please remember all the questions you were asking that would not occur during a 'normal' match. My connection is 3g HSDPA, fast enough data transfer for adequate speed of play. The problem is chatting: I generally say hi and good luck at the start of a match and thank you for playing gg at the end. I use abbreviations during play which are common even with computer users. Adrian you are the first person to complain that the pace of the game was slow? Maybe now you will see why?
My connection is faster than some pc dial up clients! Its the chat that slows the process down, I try to write msgs as opponent is rolling so said msg has been sent b4 my roll/opponent has finished their move. I will be posting on mobile users category with a few tips etc.
Invite me for a re-match adrian without the prolonged messages ? You will see the pace is fine. Surely you want revenge? lol
Illegitemus carborundrum !