News:

"Fibsboard allows for more considered reading and response, whereas Fibs shout is a more intuitive interaction"

Main Menu

RepBot support

Started by MadMatt, March 14, 2004, 01:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadMatt

TourneyBot now supports filtering of players based on their reputation.

By default, no Tourney has any reputation restrictions. To impose them, use the limit command:

limit rep <minrep> <maxrep> tourney <number>

Please note that -1 signifies no limit.

So, to limit participation in Tourney 111 to those who have a non-negative reputation:

limit rep 0 -1 tourney 111

To limit it to those who have a rep between -5000 and 100000:

limit rep -5000 100000 tourney 111

Please note that if you make a tourney reputation-based and RepBot is not there or not functioning properly, TourneyBot will accept any player, regardless of their reputation. However, messages will be sent to every Tourney Director of that tourney so that they can revise that decision.

Please test this feature with a couple of tourneys.
MadMatt
----------

TourneyBot Website

amarganth

Hi all

First: thanks for making TourneyBot and for organizing tourneys. It's fun, I think, for a lot of people, to play in these tourneys.

What happens at FIBS yesterday, makes me wish, that you use the limit-command of tourneybot more often in the following tourneys.

Yesterday, I logged on to FIBS too late, so I could only watch the tourney players. As I watched a (tourney-)game, I was immediately banned. I was very surprised.  :huh:
The banning player was someone with a very good rating, but a very bad reputation. I've informed the tourneydirector. Surprise, surprise: the tourneydirector was also banned from watching...  :o

After asking, I've read in the shouts from the player something of "assh...." and "take it as a man!"

We all know the login message:
QuoteRude language will not be tolerated on this server. Be nice.

Playing in tourneys should be fun, not a fight between players. I don't like to play against "fighters" with a rude language. First, because I can't answer precise (english isn't my mother language), second, because I prefer to play against people, who have fun playing Backgammon, even if they lost a game or match.
To be is to do
          Sokrates
To do is to be
          Sartre
Do be do be do
          Sinatra

webrunner

I hear you Amarganth :)
I bet you will like this topic.
It has to do with what you are saying here.
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |