News:

Try the New Recent Posts Link available above Recent Topics on the Front Page

Main Menu

Bgb2go goes mobile

Started by bgb2go, December 31, 2008, 12:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgb2go

Bgb2go, www.bgb2go.com, has taken the step out to Internet to allow playing backgammon on fibs. The client is now in beta and seems to be very stable. In order to achieve even better quality and allow for customer feedback we have created a limited test version. The limitations are, you can only send one 1-point invitation, then you have to restart the game. You can also not accept incoming invitations.

Otherwise the client is fully functional, it supports chat, integrated repbot functionality and plays game with any length. The shouts are however not used at all.
So feel free to grab the test version and try it out and any feedback is welcome. Please note that if you are not on flatrate you will have to pay for your connection. Also note that if your phone supports WLAN you can play through your normal network free of charge.

If you get it running and feel that you want to give some feedback we are giving away two licenses, but then we would really appreciate some feedback and possible bugreports. If interested just reply to this post.

For those with that already own Bgb2go can upgrade to this version without any cost.

Happy new year
Markus

bgb2go

I blame this on the old year and rushing the post before our guests arrived. The URL is wrong, should be www.bgblitz2go.com sorry about that.

Tomawaky

I downloaded it and tried to connect => successful
I wanna test a match soon.
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

bgb2go

You should be able to invite someone to a 1-point game and play that. Other than that you will need a license, if you are willing to do some testing and give feedback I can provide you with a license. Then I would need your registration code.

Tomawaky

Yes not easy. If you invite and have no answer or it did not work you need to restart. I start the software 3 times and have still not success to start a match ;-)

By the way to connect I must do it twice as the first time it never works !!!

My registration code is 29AH. Always interested to test but in this conditions is not very simple  :huh:
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

bgb2go

Maybe we limited it to much, I should perhaps increase it so you can send five invites or so. Not sure why it does not work for you on the first try, it does for me. Do you get an error when trying? Your registration code is: 764443

Looking forward to some input.

Tomawaky

Ok registered
Connection works at first time
I will test

Tomawaky

First try : invite a bot then error message : Connection to fibs lost : null
Second try with a player => same message
Third accept a invitation => same message

4 saved games  :(

It's hard to invite a precise player as the list change always and when we select one with update it's selecting someone else  :wacko:

bgb2go

The problems noticed seems to be device specific, as I cannot reproduce on either emulator or device. We are currently trying to solve this via email. If anybody else is interested in trying, please let me know.

Tom

I have to laugh, I downloaded the version from the website...

today I saw the attachment... no wonder I did not see any mention of FIBS :)

I was unable to select and input any text in the FIBS config

I could select Sort By.

I am running Esmertec Jbed MIDP 20080328.3.1 (ver 3.1)

tom

bgb2go

Maybe I should have mentioned the attachment, sorry about that. Thanks for the info, seems to me that everything would be easier if everybody used the same phone  :), programming for different phones is really hard as you cant test on all. I will look into your problem, not sure why it does not work for you. Can you play a local game?

Thanks
Markus

Tomawaky

Another point. When I am not ready and trying to invite someone. It's not necessary that the client tell me impossible you are not ready. If you invite someone you don't care if ready or not, you just want to play and you can only play if ready.
So if status is not ready set it ready and then invite.

Tom

Ok I have it running online.

One suggestion...

Would it be possible to make the players list include a Friends Tab and Everyone else?

Often there are more players online than I care about...

also do players you have a saved match show up with a different color?

tom

Tom

Quote from: bgb2go on January 07, 2009, 06:35:41 AM
Can you play a local game?

Yes I can play local games.

I found a different Jbed for my phone that that works better.

http://allshadow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3722&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=480#p32474

It seems 3.1 does nt work well. 2.1 does

tom

Tom

Quote from: Tomawaky on January 02, 2009, 09:00:32 PM
First try : invite a bot then error message : Connection to fibs lost : null
Second try with a player => same message
Third accept a invitation => same message

I am seeing this too...

I was trying to resume a game with another player... and it did not matter which id i used to invite with...

using wifi or data

i did kill all extra tasks, the Java was running using 5mb

tom

bgb2go

Can you please try starting another game after it fails go back to the main menu and press # until a debug log appears. Towards the end it should mention an exception. Can you please write down like 5-10 lines before that line and also a few lines after it, and send them to me.

Thanks
Markus

Tomawaky

It's look like its working good with the last version now for me  :thumbsup: