Valid move not allowed :client or fibs problem?

Started by Whycantichoosemyname, January 02, 2009, 10:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whycantichoosemyname

I play on an iPhone. I've seen some wierdness but I'm not sure if it's the iPhone client or fibs. I'm new to both. The wierdness is that sometimes when I'm on the bar I'll roll a number that should get me off but the client decides there is not a valid way off and puts my dice to the side and my turn is over. But it shouldnt have been. Is this a client problem or a fibs problem?

Patti

In 15 years, I've never seen the FIBS server do this.  My guess is that it's a client problem.

enoix

I can't tell you a lot about this without exactly knowing the conditions the bug occur, but I guess opening up the game menu and using the Refresh-button is very likely to solve this problem.

Sorry for the late answer, until now I just checked support e-mails from our web-site and the reviews in the App Store, but from now on I'll stick around here as well.

PersianLord

Quote from: Whycantichoosemyname on January 02, 2009, 10:39:50 PM
I play on an iPhone. I've seen some wierdness but I'm not sure if it's the iPhone client or fibs. I'm new to both. The wierdness is that sometimes when I'm on the bar I'll roll a number that should get me off but the client decides there is not a valid way off and puts my dice to the side and my turn is over. But it shouldnt have been. Is this a client problem or a fibs problem?

May be you had tow men on the bar and just one of them could have landed.  B)
The leftist's feelings of inferiority run so deep that he cannot tolerate any classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the rejection by many leftists of the concept of mental illness and of the utility of IQ tests.  - T.K

dickbalaska

You could kibitz with your opponent and ask them what they just saw.

The only weirdness i've ever seen is when you have one checker left, greedy bearoffs, and fibs itself makes a legal move that it itself doesn't like.

dik
(Playing as BuckoFIBSa these days)