News:

**VIP donor members can set up a profile gallery, only viewable by those on their buddy list ****

Main Menu

Programmable Button Suggestions/Help

Started by socksey, January 12, 2009, 02:41:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

socksey

Here are some programmable buttons that I made for myself and some with the help of others.  So many have asked me for help with this, I thought it might be best to post a whole list here.  I should have done it long ago.  If you think of any others that might be helpful, please use this thread for posting them.

To show number of saves for a player, click on a nick in the list of players then click on a button which says, "show savedcount %Player"

Same with "tell RepBotNG vouch %Player" for vouching to RepbotNG.

To ask for RepbotNG for rep, "tell repbotng ask %Player".

To list who vouched and who complained on a player, tell repbotng list %Player".

If you have an older version of Javafibs like I do, you need three buttons for updating your players list just after you log in, click on button 1, then 2.  Let list settle down, then click on button 2 and 3.
      1.  "rawwho"
      2.  "set sortwho rating"
      3.  "set sortwho rrating"

I made one for Mini-Matches 2 point matches, "invite %Player 2".

That covers my utility buttons.  The rest are for shouts, tells, and kibitzes.  To personalize, just use, "tell %Player anything", "kibitz %Player anything", "tell %Player anything".

socksey

"A liberal is a man too broadminded to take his own side in a quarrel." - Robert Frost

sixty_something

great idea, socksey .. i've been meaning to do this too for some time .. i remember the first time i tried using programmable buttons, it was not easy and i am an ex-programmer :wacko: a key is in the use of macro-variable names, the ones that begin with % .. for newbies, just remember those variable names are case sensitive, i.e. %Inviter works, %inviter doesn't

i have several favorites, too .. they are:

• Tell repbotng friends %Player - shows your friends who have vouched for or complained against selected player
  • Tell Repbotng ask %Inviter - to check an inviter's Rep
  • kibitz nice cube - used during play while thinking about a cube offer
  • kibitz ouch!- probably self-explanatory
  • tell %Player hey, how 'bout a match? - ask highlighted player for a match(handy for players not on ready list
  • shout *** Bloody Mary "Sunday Special"  10am Texas time (1600 UTC)  *** - my favorite spam
  • message %Player join us for a "Sunday Special" tourney at 10am Texas time (1600 UTC) .. 3-pt matches/5-pt final - personalized spam
  • shout *** Registration for Bloody Mary "Sunday Special" at the top of the hour  *** - more spam (i forgot i had this one)
  • tell %Player would you like to play our fibsleague match? - real handy for FLG
  • Tell %Player Join us for a Bloody Mary or two .. TELL TourneyBot Register #### - i likes my spam
  • shout shizen bloogen - my favorite mare

there are a lot more ideas and descriptions about programmable buttons in old posts here at FIBSboard .. enter buttons in the search box above and check'em out .. meanwhile, me and shizen bloogen need to ride on
:s40:
A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation. -- Unknown
e-mail me

diane

Yes, a great idea...although it really would go better with previous thread on this subject.

Perhaps if you glue this to the old one..

http://www.fibsboard.com/javafibs/images-for-programmable-buttons/

then make them sticky, they wont all get forgotten.
Never give up on the things that make you smile

stog

y do my icons for my programmable buttons disappear and remain transparent boxes after i have quit (javafibs on mac)

thx sixty -- finally fixed it by reinstalling!!

sixty_something

dunno about a Mac, stoggie, but on my PC i recall having to leave JavaFIBS properly before changes are saved and take effect for the next session, i.e. using the main menu select JavaFIBS-->Exit .. see if that helps

speaking of buttons, i wish we had a [more icons] option or the ability to import a collection of thumbnails of our own pictures .. for example, some of my favorite redheads  :yes:

also, i like diane's idea to consolidate this thread, but there are so many good miscellaneous posts on programmable buttons, as i recall, i'm not sure it may not be better to create a linked and briefly annotated list here .. i may do that first to see how it looks, but will look at diane's link, which i have not yet done, before doing anything
e-mail me

socksey

Quotey do my icons for my programmable buttons disappear and remain transparent boxes after i have quit (javafibs on mac)

When you're making the buttons, you must use the "add" button first, or the "update" button, then the "OK" button to preserve them.  Then as 60 says, you must leave Fibs properly, but by clicking on "disconnect" first, and THEN "exit".  This process saves your updated friends list and maybe everything you change.

QuoteYes, a great idea...although it really would go better with previous thread on this subject.

I chose to keep a separate thread for "programmable button suggestions" rather than combine it with "programmable button images" because that thread is rather old, incomplete, and is more about the icons to use for the buttons rather than the content of the buttons.   :smile:  I wanted this thread to be briefly informative without becoming a lengthy one.

socksey

"Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner." - James Bovard, Civil Libertarian (1994)

diane

Quote from: stog on January 12, 2009, 05:53:27 PM
y do my icons for my programmable buttons disappear and remain transparent boxes after i have quit (javafibs on mac)

You defintely have to exit via the javafibs menu to have any hope of saving the programmable buttons on the mac.  I also found that even doing that, mine didn't save on the mac.  In the end, I reverted to an older version of javafibs, v1.009, where I can save the buttons, because they are very important to me  :dry:

The thread I linked to covers sixties thoughts on importing other images to use for programmable buttons, and how to do it, as well as how to program them, including all the ones listed here. So although it is old, it is still valuable information to those wishing to make best use of programmable buttons.  I am not sure what you mean by incomplete though.

socksey

QuoteSo although it is old, it is still valuable information to those wishing to make best use of programmable buttons.  I am not sure what you mean by incomplete though.

The link is useful, thank you, diane, to those who are looking for more icons to use for the buttons, which is another subject.  It's easy enough to access with a click to the link which is in this thread. 

By incomplete, I mean we have updated Repbot features since 2004, which have an additional need for programmable buttons.

socksey

We can try to outrun death but we will only die tired.---unknown

sixty_something

Quote from: socksey on January 12, 2009, 10:31:53 PM
:smile:  I wanted this thread to be briefly informative without becoming a lengthy one.  :lol:

nice try anyway, sweetie  :wub:
e-mail me

socksey

Hey!  This was the quote: 
QuoteI wanted this thread to be briefly informative without becoming a lengthy one.

socksey

Not this: 
QuoteI wanted this thread to be briefly informative without becoming a lengthy one.   :lol:

socksey

Often, in pursuing a goal, fame and fortune are not enough to motivate us. In our hearts we know that there should be a more mature and valuable reason to push on. We need to find out what that is. - unknown

diane

Quote from: socksey on January 13, 2009, 12:32:09 AM
The link is useful, thank you, diane, to those who are looking for more icons to use for the buttons, which is another subject.  It's easy enough to access with a click to the link which is in this thread. 

Yes it is, but it isn't just more icons for buttons ;)  It is how to provide extra icons, a good list of functions which the programmable buttons can be used to carry out with less effort, and an easier way to program them [via the text editor].

Yes, it needed updating for the new repbot functions and fibs commands, hence my comment that this list could have been added to that list, rather than retyping the whole lot again. But hey ho  ;)

inim

Quote from: diane on January 13, 2009, 12:21:44 AM
You defintely have to exit via the javafibs menu to have any hope of saving the programmable buttons on the mac.  I also found that even doing that, mine didn't save on the mac.  In the end, I reverted to an older version of javafibs, v1.009, where I can save the buttons, because they are very important to me  :dry:

:ohmy:  :blink: can anyone confirm this? It defiinitely should save them under OSX too. Put on my radar as a potential bug.
This space is available for rent by advertisers. Call 0900-INIMITE today, and see your sales skyrocketing in no time! New customers receive free Vl@9rĂ¥ and a penis enlargement set as a bonus! We support banners, flash banners, and scrollers. Discrete handling by our HQ on the Dutch Antilles.

diane

Can this thread have a a sticky please - to make it easier for the new folks who need it to find it...fanks  ;)

stog

socksey

QuoteQuote from: diane on January 13, 2009, 12:21:44 AM
You defintely have to exit via the javafibs menu to have any hope of saving the programmable buttons on the mac.  I also found that even doing that, mine didn't save on the mac.  In the end, I reverted to an older version of javafibs, v1.009, where I can save the buttons, because they are very important to me 

can anyone confirm this? It defiinitely should save them under OSX too. Put on my radar as a potential bug.

I repeat............but, maybe I was not clear enough.  It has been my experience, in order to save any changes, javafibs must first click JAVAFIBS, DISCONNECT, then EXIT within the program.  Simply JAVAFIBS, then EXIT would not save for me. 

I explained the process of saving the programmable buttons as clicking on Add, then OK. or UPDATE, then OK.  I am using version 1.005.  I don't know if later versions are the same or not.  I suppose we need to ask Peter Nevalainen about that.   ;)

socksey

"It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I just beat people up." - Muhammad Ali

stog

here are some Fibsboard.com Publicity Programmable buttons - you may wish to use one or 2 of them occasionally..or use or suggest some more.....

shout *** All new Fibsboard.com for 2010 --" your unofficial Forum for all fings FIBS."
Support boards for Bots & Clients ;Backgammon problems & Advice, Fibs Status & Tourney Info ...

shout ***All new Fibsboard.com for 2010 --" your unofficial Forum for all fings FIBS."
New Membergroups, new boards including topical discussions, Campaigns, Culture and Gossip. Photo Galleries, Forum Backgammon vs Top Guest, and much much more.........faster and improved, with sas :)

shout ***  "Fibsboard.com is your unofficial Forum for all fings FIBS." participate in Fibsboard Forum Matches  ..enjoy polls & erudite commenting by all; --- past matches available for viewing at http://www.fibsboard.com/fibsboard-forum-matches/   **folks need to register to be able to see game diagrams and vote.**  

shout **Inspired by recurrent discussions in FIBS shouts on issues concerning science and consciousness, we have introduced an ISP Board on Fibsboard.com ...a space set aside for more considered esoteric meanderings on ideas science and philosophy --- "concept formation and elucidation" .....> the philosophy/physiology/ structure and function of a fibster or fibsboarder! ...take a look at http://www.fibsboard.com/ideas-science-and-philosophy/

shout***visit Fibsboard.com for a huge searchable archive of all things FIBS & Backgammon

socksey

Here's another priceless one:

show savedcount %Player

socksey

"If passion drives, let reason hold the reins." - Benjamin Franklin

diane

Quote from: socksey on March 19, 2009, 10:52:50 PM
I repeat............but, maybe I was not clear enough.  It has been my experience, in order to save any changes, javafibs must first click JAVAFIBS, DISCONNECT, then EXIT within the program.  Simply JAVAFIBS, then EXIT would not save for me.  socksey

I repeat, but maybe I was not clear enough...

Quote from: diane on January 13, 2009, 12:21:44 AMYou defintely have to exit via the javafibs menu to have any hope of saving the programmable buttons on the mac.  I also found that even doing that, mine didn't save on the mac.

It works fine on the older version, but not the newest version of javafibs...maybe it is the MacOS - who knows  ;)

magic_one

:unsure:
How do I edit the Programmable Buttons?  FYI, I am using a PeeCee, 64 bit windows 7.  Update appears to be useless.  It does not allow editing of an individual button.  I could delete the button I wish to edit, and then Add button containing edited content, but then the added button appears at the end, and not where the deleted button was.  FYI, I intend to use an editable button to issue a waitfor command containing the names of players that includes saved matches, players to watch, matches with, etc.
:huh:

socksey

Programmable buttons is a Javafibs feature.  You should be able to edit buttons.  Click on the button you wish to edit, make changes, click on update,  and then, OK. The only other alternative would be to delete all the buttons and start over in the order you wish them to be.

socksey

Love is the energy of life. - Robert Browning

diane

Quote from: magic_one on May 29, 2012, 11:31:03 PM
:unsure:
How do I edit the Programmable Buttons?  FYI, I am using a PeeCee, 64 bit windows 7.  Update appears to be useless.  It does not allow editing of an individual button.  I could delete the button I wish to edit, and then Add button containing edited content, but then the added button appears at the end, and not where the deleted button was.  FYI, I intend to use an editable button to issue a waitfor command containing the names of players that includes saved matches, players to watch, matches with, etc.
:huh:

Two issues..two answers  B)

Click the menu option for proghrammable buttons, to get the box up...then click on the button you want to edit and edit the content. When finished, click the UPDATE button, and that will apply your edits.  

Deleting and adding will indeed put the new one at the end, and reordering isnt possible.

Dont do that waitfor thing...add the people you have saved games with, or want to be aware of in any way, to your friends list, colour them pink or green or purple..something that makes them stand out...then save.  Now, you have a permanent reminder which will ring bells AND visually tell you when someone you are waiting for logs in, much more noticeable. [waitfor only works for one at a time, and is forgotten when you log out and in, or are timed out]. Once the match is played, remove them from your freinds list. Much better solution to a problem!!