News:

VIP Donor members can now edit photo galleries and utilise an extended Custom Profile with buddy lists. Join them - for the price of a beer!

Main Menu

Droppers hall of shame

Started by Caliman, January 17, 2009, 09:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliman

I will be compiling a list of hit and run droppers (confirmed) mainly for the mobile fibs users whom have no access to repbot. This list will be constantly updated on a day to day basis.  B) starting with ten names from last 5 days or so. If a player does not accept an invite to resume match consider it confirmed by me - Rickochet
Rickochet on Fibs. Converted from mobile odesys to 3d fibs on pc.

Caliman

:unhappy:
List as of 17.01.09 

aeieim
Biokey
Carine
Cooldaddyc
Cristiano
engel
Gordon
Intello
Ironcondor
KAMIDODODO
kavhill
kochar
landrover
Mostwag
nagami
notverylucky
osric
Pifune
Raado
rcoleman
Reder
RUSik
shahroukh
Wherefor
xthulhu
yonay

We make a living by what we get, we make a life from what we give, winston Churchill

socksey

Here's my list:

abcdefg
accilleslaststand
ace
achiara
Adiz
aimwit
Aladin
albatros
alfa
alinutza
AlJolson
ANAHITA
angeline
arif
Asmkadsar
Aulus
babapaul
barbados
barbaros
benzion
bertos
bigben
BillyBoy
blanquita
bmml
bodri
bogustrumper
brl
bubulina
Bzzr
Bzzzzz
cagatay_ss
CandleInTheWind
chamelon
cheesewiz
chefrara
CHERITO
chesterputra
Chewbakka
christy
Chuneza
claude
cliffordc
connell
COUNT_DRACULA
CyprusMaster
dachshund
Dana_ro
Daniell
dbcooper
Deby
deepdiver
demi
Demiurgo
derik_jeter
dick
dirkibrazil
dogan
dosug
DRAW
dubara
electRonPaul
Emilio
erik
Ernst_O
Exhaltant
e_j
fabrizio
falafel
FamousFries
Farwinds
fashion
FASTplayersPLEASE
felman
fesal
Flara
Fredd
free_gull
fungie
Gammaniac
garnik
garra
garyKay
GeneralZod
gerasimos
ghaskour
GianMario
guittarist_Mario
Glenn
gulus
hannas
Hockey_Nite
icanoe
iustel
Jacek_zm
jackky
janana
JeffK
JeJeu
JellyT
jeunesse
jodvm
johnnykwest
JohnWexler
Jonescu
jpb
jrlr
juancho
july
just_playin
kingdavid
KingMidas
kone
konuk
Larbantai
lazkar
lexxap
Linda
LoFall
maestrome
manga
Mango_lichi
mantoman
marmhouse
maryruth
Mastercard
mazen
melquiades
MHB
miguelp
Mingos
minki
MMQ
motiraz
MrAmazingIII
muratkul
M___G
natalino
natalinoe
nausea
NeLiO
ne_mo
NIHILIST (this one because he complained on me and has been rumored to selectively drop)
ninebytes
NIZAM
nuke
omid
onelifetolive
OnkelH
Oreo
OSVZLA
Passaris
Pfaffenzeller
phinhead
poetotoe
Pontiac
prif
PrincessOfDarkness
Quickplayer
rafikbouba
ragtime
raj_biswas
razxtc
rbgood
readygo
Regal
Robek
robert_beja
rodrigobart
RogerOver
Romania
ronjasu
rumpiball
sametyavuz
SbifferZ
Schnecke
scooti
Senser
serpiko
shau
Silvestruu
Sinderbox
skunks
skywalker
slindo
SnoopDog
solong
sombra
SpeedTouch
spooky
spritz
stephen
stillhurtz
SuperB
taurus
Taurus_
tgrammyt
themindset
tirol
titanic
Tibo
tomfish
Tonino
touristguide
toyota
Trixie
Tundril
turbo
TURKiYEe
Ultiali
umby
Urguplu
uzalla
video
vinnitu
vwsmok
wacco
wahab
warbenleo
wiljo
wxrio
yeti_yew
yoyofyfy
zaeboi
Zvieli
_Goran_

These names are my own private list of players I won't play.  I have not been privately dropped by all of these players, but I have either researched them or been told about them by reliable players.

socksey

There are different ladders, with different steps, each leading, to a different height. The steps we choose, will lead us to, a goal, we hope is right. - unknown

Caliman

We make a living by what we get, we make a life from what we give, winston Churchill
[/quote]
 Ive been outdone by socksey lol I will leave it up to you socksey to update the list I can inform you of any confirmed droppers to add to your list. Im using opera mini browser on my mobile and finding it hard to update my list I just end up with more posts of the same! I cant seem to delete these either so il leave it to you if thats ok socksey? You have the necessary tools for the job and the experience. 
Some list you have there btw! It will help the responsible mobile users a great deal, good work sherlock  :cool:

socksey

Not outdone!  It was your idea to put it here, after all, and you ARE a newbie.  I've had much longer to compile my list.   ;)

Anyway, I'm not going to combine lists.  I will add to your list and alphabetize them to make it easier to add to and to sort through for others, if you want to send me more, I can just add them as you do.   :) 

Please note that the status may change on any of the listed players.  If that happens, just let me know and they will be removed.   

Anyone else is free to post here with their list if they care to. 

socksey

Most people have heard of the notion that we know how to use only a small portion of our minds. There is a desire to learn how to use more, yet when new ideas are introduced that may assist in that endeavor we tend to resent and resist. - unknown

Caliman

:thumbsup2: excellent socksey! That will make things much easier. I will inform you of confirmed droppers (just had one grrr!) And update on those that decide to resume and finish matches so as to erase them from list. I will e.mail the names if that is ok with you as its much easier for me. Im still having difficulty navigating this site using opera mini. 
Ive got to get a pc online! Its in the pipeline anyway.
People need loving the most when they deserve it the least- unknown

diane

Wouldn't this be better located in the 'droppers' forum?
Never give up on the things that make you smile

spielberg

It would - relocate it again sox!
I'm working on my "villains" list to add to the "Wall of Shame" btw and am discovering to my delight loads of droppers that no longer have FIBS accounts.

Caliman

That would explain why they are never online on the list! Notice new players with almost identical usernames? Its laughable well would be if it wasnt causing so many problems with saved games! I had quite a lot wiped today which was good news look forward to more expiring. Thx for your time and effort socksey :thumbsup2:

Afterglow

After an extremely pleasant chat with Rickochet, I've agreed to post my modest contribution to the crusade against droppers
I hope it helps in some way, as the whole dropper situation seems to be getting worse  :frusty: :frusty: 

And, like Socksey, I would be only too happy to remove players from the list, should circumstances change  :)

_Amir_Arsalan_
aashu_appu
Abodarya
alexpluss
arif
Arturjan
babymausiwolf
barillatunisia
Barzan
briareoz_italy
CandleInTheWind
Chuckydoll
cooldaddyc
craizin
crontim
debdeb
Doubleorquits
dreph
elite
esbardobg
EVshz
FASTplayersPLEASE
felipe
firatbingollu
fungie
futurama
garnik
garra
garrett
ghooozis
Golden_Eagle
grishoo
Hoobi
Hozan
intello
july
justmefl
karpus
kemet
KomporMeleduk
KONTOL
LBrouwer
louti
lucimio
mariuspahone
melisa_
MILUKY
mimi
monica
motiraz
munch
natalino
Neo
Nyitzz
punks
razxtc
relu
Remzi
rif_raf
ronjasu
seferusta
sfridman
sharpei
shchepelina
SHINE_EAGLE
sixpips
Spooge
swany
sweets
TargetRM
taurus
toniodel
ufc
virgjil
wahab
wwwiiwww
Zeeanita

Caliman

:thumbsup:
Good list Afterglow ! Just one thing , I would suggest you edit your list as there are many repeats?
I also update my list according to the players reaction to being listed here. It seems to be working as already a few have been removed as they have resumed and finished their match.
Although definite hit and run droppers ' got a phone call etc just as your about to bear off your last checker for a backgammon!) Will remain on the list as a warning to other players.
Everyone is free to post their own list as they feel fit it only serves to help players make a more informed decision as to accept an invite or not. Especially mobile players like myself whom have no access to repbot. My list will now be updated weekly with the help of socksey who without her help this would not be possible.
This epidemic of dropping has to be addressed and this is my attempt at trying to help.

Only the brave have the courage to carry the weight of defeat- Rickochet 2009

Caliman

Thanks socksey 'jobs a good un' ;)

Caliman

B) well its working : for me anyway: my saved games count has fallen from 33 to 17 !
A new breed of dropper has evolved, those that start a match then play so slow (even 10 minutes a move!) The excuses become tiresome and increasingly lame. They hope you will give up and resign I presume?
Well anyway players that previously refused to resume a match have recently invited me to resume!  ;) I have also dug out an old Fibs client on the net which gives mobile players saved games count for an opponent and linux? Command lines and much more! Il be posting on the mobile users section about this, it has become indispensable to me now. Check it out mobile users!

Caliman

:thumbdown: there are currently over 30,000 saved games in the system out of a total of 56,000 plus (20,000 or so have expired) this shows how bad the problem is. Over a thousand downloads of Odesys from wap.getjar each week. Its only going to get worse before it gets better, my attempt with this hall of shame has backfired on me !
Some users dont think I am trying to help the situation and invite me to a match with malice aforethought as they drop immediately after the match begins, succeeding in boosting my saved games count which was down to 17 from 33. Also had complaints now which is unusual, they dont bother me but they are unfounded. Mainly due to me being too courteous and my complainers being ignorant.
I will carry on with the list regardless of these deliberate drops to boost my saved games count and complaints. Nobody else seems to want to add any known droppers to the list? Yet still complain when they are deliberately dropped. The hall of shame has fallen flat on its face it seems, even with many users viewing it, no input from them. I have made myself a target for the hit and runners! Should have thought this through beforehand, hey ho.
Happy rolling Fibsters!

adrian

It is much easier and comfortable to ignore the Odesys players and never play them, than to actively "fight" to educate them. I don't have any fun, nor any pleasure or reward doing police or play teacher with someone who hasn't the physical mean (client software and adequate hardware) to interact with the server and the community.
Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.

Caliman

Quote from: adrian on February 08, 2009, 05:22:08 PM
It is much easier and comfortable to ignore the Odesys players and never play them, than to actively "fight" to educate them. I don't have any fun, nor any pleasure or reward doing police or play teacher with someone who hasn't the physical mean (client software and adequate hardware) to interact with the server and the community.
Im waving my white flag, everyone is entitled to their opinion. When I have a full client im sure I will feel the same adrian.
Until then I have to make do with Odesys and mobile Fibs (gives same options as 3d fibs only play interface is very clumsy) and toggle between the two apps. I will be online with javafibs this week, cant wait.
Seperate server for Odesys!
Look forward to tourneys etc will you accept me for your Bg league adrian? F3 i think? Ive seen it somewhere, i will ask once im on the 'other side'
I still think the regular,sensible, non dropping (and au fait with fibs culture) mobile users should be encouraged as i have. They may well become good fibs citizens. 
Im still waving my white flag !
Semper idem ! illegitemus carborundrum !!

Caliman

:ohmy: only 5 voters in the poll? Over 700 views , pls have your say. Add your list of known droppers to aid others. Vote in the poll so I know if I am wasting my time on this subject please. Thanks

spielberg

Repbot is queried regularly by a German friend of mine whom wrote yet more software to automate the process. The resulting list which gives reps for ALL fibsters is in inim land

socksey

That is a fun list for me seeing as how I'm second tops on it!   :laugh:  But, as a droppers tool, I find it's awkward to find someone you might be looking for. 

socksey

"Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery." - Spike Milligan

Caliman

thanks for that link to inim land spielberg  ;) :thumbsup2: scio me nihil scire - socrates