News:

bookmark Fibsboard to the front page for all the News http://www.fibsboard.com

Main Menu

issues

Started by sixty_something, January 21, 2009, 04:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixty_something

the   gibberish which occasionally appears in spoiler text and even the original problem post itself reveals an odd little bug in our editor .. here are suggestions on how to deal with it .. if one should slip by the original poster, please contact me with a message here and i will fix it

is an HTML entity .. when a post is edited, the   symbol frequently appears within quotes, spoilers, tables, and occasionally even the post itself .. since problem posts often contain spoilers and text imported from GNUbg where   occurrs properly, this happens frequently whenever a problem post is edited by the original poster or a moderator .. we are currently attempting to correct this issue .. however, it appears to be a rather subtle little bug

the best workaround is to be very careful before finishing a post to check that the   has not been inserted, especially within a spoiler which must be opened to view .. this is true particularly when editing, but even on completion of the original post .. this must be done manually by clicking the spoiler button to view the text, especially after editing .. however, even when the spoiler text is not edited, the   can and often does appear

when   does appear, the simplest way to fix it is to use Modify to open the raw text, select all, copy the text into an editor like Windows Notepad and do a global replace on the " " string replacing it with nothing .. then simply replace the text in the Modify window with the cleaned up text

a Google search reveals that this is not an uncommon occurrence in many other PHP driven forums

for those interested see a nice article and a "Long Answer" about   here
What is  ? Is it needed?
Short Answer
  is the entity used to represent a non-breaking space. It is essentially a standard space, the primary difference being that a browser should not break (or wrap) a line of text at the point that this   occupies.

Long Answer

note, that when this issue is fixed at FIBSboard, the   text strings above may disappear completely from this post and should no longer be an issue when creating or editing a post with imported   strings
A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation. -- Unknown
e-mail me

stog

Auto Embed Video/Audio clips mod.seems to be the cause
a few other users also report this issue.

the developer is trying  to debug/resolve it as soon as possible for a new version he's  working on, which we will of course install when it becomes available

stog

have just updated this mod, pls let me know of any remaining problems thx..&nbsp :wub: