News:

click the little + - buttons to customise your Fibsboard (unclick them sometimes to see what you're missing :)

Main Menu

Recent Topics Placement

Started by stog, February 26, 2009, 11:52:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stog

how do you find the new central positioning of "Recent Topics"

playBunny

I hadn't noticed it. My bookmark goes directly to the Forum and I only rarely go to the home page.

stog

i hope you will consider re=bookmarking to the front page as we now have.........

a constantly changing front page, with news on top of a random image for your delight along with the additition of fibsleagammon and fibsonacci links to the Featured sites on the left (allowing the board to function better as a backgammon portal along with FIBS status, repbot stats, tourneybot and repbot info), we have added a collapsable webradio area, and made other blocks collapsable/customisable

the danger of bookmarking to other than the front page is that you will miss important announcements - now the top post (often edited under the same date - so doesn't show on recent posts etc) which together with the shoutbox,  allows for better community communication. shoutbox appears on the right of the front page. Also the articles on backgammon are accessed here above the shoutbox. All Articles are accessed on the front page (top left)

i urge all Members to re bookmark their fibsboard link to our updated front page thx:)

you will still be able to  take advantage of the uppermost links -"all posts made since your last visit" and "replies to your posts" which appear next to your avatar/image.

try clicking the random image to go directly to the Forum index with Recent Posts at bottom......and fading news at the top

click HOME for your complete Fibsboard - the unofficial forum for all things FIBS!

socksey

I love the changing pic on the home page!   ;)

socksey

"Eating words has never given me indigestion." - Winston Churchill

sixty_something

while i didn't like it at first, i like now it a lot, especially the new increased number of topics, now 20  :cool:

we seem to be having many more forum posts recently.. even with 20 it still doesn't go back a whole week .. a full week would be nice .. so, go for 25 or even 32 .. a scrolling elevator or Next 50 might be nice too, but then so would more redheads in the random pics  :blush:

nice job, Mr. Admin
A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation. -- Unknown
e-mail me

stog

must do something about the redheads...

hover mouseover topics on the forum/boards now gives you  the preview of the first post within a topic, but can't yet get it working for recent topics on front page....ongoing but maybe ill go redhead hunting instead......

stog

try the new Recent Posts Link, above Recent Topics on the Front Page.

you can now access the Forum by clicking the picture or see Recent Posts & Topics all from an accessible small area on the Front Page and still get to see the new items above and around....enjoy :)

Recent Posts have easy readable summaries, but look a bit ugly on the Front Page... try the link and see what you think!