News:

Check out the small but well formed 'Campaigns' board --we all feel strongly about something: alert us to a campaign, add a poll - be concise, and aware of strong editorial ;)

Main Menu

Team League Play-off Poll

Started by Tomawaky, March 04, 2009, 11:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomawaky

If majority is ok with it here is the play-off

First Semi-Final
ShouldIStayShouldIGo vs the winner between FullPrimeTime - DieDreiMusketiere

Second Semi_Final
DGteam - ShakeRattle&Roll
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

PersianLord

I just offered my suggestion here:

http://www.fibsboard.com/team-leagues/team-league-t2278.0.html;msg17005#msg17005

It's simple:

1- Specify a 2-days deadline for finishing all of the unfinished matches .

2- Inform all the players with a FLG mass mail

3- Appoint some volunteer FLG veterans as supervisors

4- Forfeit those players who will be absent during those 2 days or refuse to play their matches.

Regards -- PL
The leftist's feelings of inferiority run so deep that he cannot tolerate any classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the rejection by many leftists of the concept of mental illness and of the utility of IQ tests.  - T.K

Tomawaky

Reduce the 2 months to 2 days would be unfair for me. I don't want to give the priority to the players who would be able to play in the next 2 days.
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

PersianLord

Quote from: Tomawaky on March 05, 2009, 12:37:18 AM
Reduce the 2 months to 2 days would be unfair for me. I don't want to give the priority to the players who would be able to play in the next 2 days.

I didn't say NEXT 2 days. I said you can specify a 2-days deadline. These 2 days can be 14th and 15th of March or any other time you deem suited.
The leftist's feelings of inferiority run so deep that he cannot tolerate any classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the rejection by many leftists of the concept of mental illness and of the utility of IQ tests.  - T.K

sixty_something

PL, while i understand your frustration, the deadline was clear and agreed on in discussion here earlier .. unfinished matches are a huge problem, but it is one we all faced equally

Tomawaky, i voted no because i am not clear on why a team winning by a 4-3 margin or less should get the full two points for a team win .. i understand it is a simple and good alternative, but i think 1 point to the leading team and 0 points to the trailing team when not all matches are finished would be more fair .. for example, such a scoring change would throw the Beaver Division into a 3-way tie, i think - maybe not, i haven't really looked at all the teams .. if so, that is a whole new kettle of fish which could get very smelly fast .. regardless, if adopted, this suggestion (awarding 1 and 0 points) would no doubt significantly change the final outcome .. however, it effectively gives teams that finished most their team matches or at least won 5 matches a 1 point advantage, but this seems more in keeping with the original spirit of the rules and the suggestion to award at 5

also, i am really unsure about why DieDreiMusketiere is in the playoffs at all .. particularly when their record appears to be 3-2-1 with a tie vs. the CubeSluts .. i think a tie should simply be awarded as 1 point to each team, as originally intended in soccer-like scoring .. if that were the case, CubeSluts would finish slightly ahead of DieDreiMusketiere, but i am still not sure why they would be in the wild card playoffs either unless it was always your intent to have two teams in a wild card playoff .. if that was the case, pardon my confusion

later tonight i will correct my FLG TL Standings post with your corrected and almost final standings .. as i pointed out, there still seem to be a few differences in PF/PA and my W-L totals derived from your Résultats table .. on first glance, i don't think there are major differences, but i would like to know for sure, particularly if i were on a contending team

regardless, of the poll outcome, Tomawaky, as FLG TL TD you are a majority of one in my book .. when you say it is "FINAL", it is .. democracy may not be the best way to make this decision, but if you want our opinions, i am sure you will get mine and many others

congrats, once, again on a fine first FLG TL season .. yes, there are things we can do better next time, but at least there will be a next time ;)

p.s. i renamed your original post to keep it from getting lost and/or confused with another of the same name
A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation. -- Unknown
e-mail me

PersianLord

Quote from: sixty_something on March 05, 2009, 02:01:22 AM
PL, while i understand your frustration, the deadline was clear and agreed on in discussion here earlier .. unfinished matches are a huge problem, but it is one we all faced equally

Tomawaky, i voted no because i am not clear on why a team winning by a 4-3 margin or less should get the full two points for a team win .. i understand it is a simple and good alternative, but i think 1 point to the leading team and 0 points to the trailing team when not all matches are finished would be more fair .. for example, such a scoring change would throw the Beaver Division into a 3-way tie, i think - maybe not, i haven't really looked at all the teams .. if so, that is a whole new kettle of fish which could get very smelly fast .. regardless, if adopted, this suggestion (awarding 1 and 0 points) would no doubt significantly change the final outcome .. however, it effectively gives teams that finished most their team matches or at least won 5 matches a 1 point advantage, but this seems more in keeping with the original spirit of the rules and the suggestion to award at 5

also, i am really unsure about why DieDreiMusketiere is in the playoffs at all .. particularly when their record appears to be 3-2-1 with a tie vs. the CubeSluts .. i think a tie should simply be awarded as 1 point to each team, as originally intended in soccer-like scoring .. if that were the case, CubeSluts would finish slightly ahead of DieDreiMusketiere, but i am still not sure why they would be in the wild card playoffs either unless it was always your intent to have two teams in a wild card playoff .. if that was the case, pardon my confusion

later tonight i will correct my FLG TL Standings post with your corrected and almost final standings .. as i pointed out, there still seem to be a few differences in PF/PA and my W-L totals derived from your Résultats table .. on first glance, i don't think there are major differences, but i would like to know for sure, particularly if i were on a contending team

regardless, of the poll outcome, Tomawaky, as FLG TL TD you are a majority of one in my book .. when you say it is "FINAL", it is .. democracy may not be the best way to make this decision, but if you want our opinions, i am sure you will get mine and many others

congrats, once, again on a fine first FLG TL season .. yes, there are things we can do better next time, but at least there will be a next time ;)

p.s. i renamed your original post to keep it from getting lost and/or confused with another of the same name

Sorry sixty, but your suggestion doesn't make sense to me. A simple loss gives a team at least one point and you're going to bar a team which happens to be trailing in an unfinished match this guaranteed point. On the other hand, if your suggestion is to be acted upon, the leading team will get as many points as if it's the loser of an ordinary match! Just think about it. A team which is leading, say 4-0, will get as many points as a team that have lost it's match 0-9!  It sounds rather like a tasteless joke to me.

QuotePL, while i understand your frustration, the deadline was clear and agreed on in discussion here earlier .. unfinished matches are a huge problem, but it is one we all faced equally

See, this 'unfinished matches' syndrome ruined the previous TLs and it seems to be going to ruin this TL as well. I think once and for all this XXXXXXX problem should be solved. My suggestion is based on this desire. Specifing a 2-days deadline for finishing ALL of the unfinished matches and forfeiting those players who're unable to finish their matches will clear all of the bloody mess that we're facing right now. No need to award a win to a team which is leading 3-2 (Frank's suggestion) and no need to award a loss to a leading team in it's unfinished matches (your own suggestion) and ALL of the previously specified rules will be acted upon. Just a 2-days deadline and all of these miseries will be over.

And my suggestion for the coming (hopefully) TL sessions regarding unfinished matches is to strictly proclaiming the last day of the 2-month period as the deadline for finishing all of the remaining matches. Souptree used to to appoint a 'Dispute Solving Committe' to handle the disputes, now Frank can appoint a 'Ultimate Supervising Committe' to supervise the scene in the last day to see which #######s dodge their matches and forfeit them accordingly. Why do we need players like Derby and Jack_Shit who haven't even logged in FIBS since January 21st and 31st?! If they show no respect to TL, why TL and TD is going to be annoyed to clear the mess they create?!

BTW, as dorbel said in the other thread, this is just the start. So we might better obey whatever the TD's going to say. If this is the case, I would rather come up with Frank's own solution, i.e. considering the current actual results for unfinished matches as final results. Again, I would like to appreciate the time and energy Frank has put for this project. I chatted with him last night and I was sadly informed that even some pricks have sent him e-mails with insulting content and this makes us even more thankful for his efforts.

Regards -- PL

stog

dorbel

Can anybody vote here? Surely this should be a vote for team captains only?

sixty_something

yes, any registered FIBSboard user can vote in any FIBSboard Poll .. the only way a FLG TL Team Captains ONLY vote can be conducted at FIBSboard is by having one representative from each team assume that responsibility and post a written reply which would constitute an "official vote", if that is Tomawaky's desire

to my knowledge, there is no way to "see" who has voted in any poll
A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation. -- Unknown
e-mail me

dorbel

Then we have reached an absurd situation!

stog

i as cap of schigstogsedat hereby vote for the playoffs as decided by tomawacky

Tomawaky

Quote from: sixty_something on March 06, 2009, 05:53:31 PM
the only way a FLG TL Team Captains ONLY vote can be conducted at FIBSboard is by having one representative from each team assume that responsibility and post a written reply which would constitute an "official vote", if that is Tomawaky's desire

Good Idea Captain please do

dorbel

I vote for the proposals on behalf of team Shake, Rattle and Roll.

Tomawaky

Quote from: dorbel on March 07, 2009, 07:19:42 AM
I vote for the proposals on behalf of team Shake, Rattle and Roll.

which one ?

dorbel

QuoteIf majority is ok with it here is the play-off

First Semi-Final
ShouldIStayShouldIGo vs the winner between FullPrimeTime - DieDreiMusketiere

Second Semi_Final
DGteam - ShakeRattle&Roll

I am in favour of this

Tomawaky

We have a created a committee (Me, Kari and sixty) and we will give our decision very soon for the play-off and this will be final.

Tomawaky

It's clear that my decision about finishing all matches is not a success and I take back to finish only the matches where a team reach the 5 Pts. Play-off will be posted soon

stog

hi i managed to play one of our remaining matches last night,will my opponent still be able to post, as this is a team against which we can still win. If one of our teamates can finish his 2 remaining against this team (ottomans) we will be complete, and possibly second equal in points, as opposed to bottom -- this is as you can see, quite a difference, all because of problems arranging our matches with just one team..

it would be good if next season's rules could get closer to addressing these situations..

thx everyone gl committee:)