News:

Play our  New Fibsboard Position of the Week --> perhaps give your comments/reasons thx..here's the link  http://www.fibsboard.com/position-of-the-week/

Main Menu

Friends and villains lists

Started by trictrack, March 08, 2009, 04:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trictrack

Hello,

First post here (and sorry for my poor english). I'm beginner in both FIBS and JavaFIBS ; I appreciate a lot the game and the software.

Is there any action triggered to the "Friends" and "Villains" lists in the JavaFIBS interface ? For instance, JavaFIBS notify me when a user registered in the Friends list connects or disconnects. Is there other effects ?
Are thoses lists a FIBS server's feature (or a repbot's one) or a JavaFIBS's one ?

Thank you very much.

socksey

I think it's all javafibs. ;)))  Check all your buttons on Javafibs toolbar by holding your curser over them.  That will tell you what all the buttons do (in system mode), then click each button and you will be notified in the system window what each button does when you click on them. 

Everything else you need to know can be found in "help".  I think it's only available in English, tho, so you may need to get help from someone who is bilingual in your language and English.   :mellow:

The most helpful feature of Javafibs for me are the programmable buttons!  This saves lots and lots of typing!   :yes:

socksey

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." - Martin Luther King Jr.

trictrack

Quote from: socksey on March 08, 2009, 05:55:44 PM
Everything else you need to know can be found in "help". 
(...)
The most helpful feature of Javafibs for me are the programmable buttons!  This saves lots and lots of typing!   :yes:

Thanks for your answer.
Yes I finally found the help file in the JavaFIBS's directory - it was not linked to the help table of content in the JavaFIBS interface, so I was not able to read it directly.
I still have to learn the programmable buttons, but I first wanted to learn FIBS commands so I made "lots and lots of typing" !
Thanks again.

socksey

Here's a thread to help you with the programmable buttons:

http://www.fibsboard.com/javafibs/programmable-button-suggestionshelp-t2174.0.html

socksey

"I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top." â€" Will Rogers

trictrack

Hi socksey, thank you, that's an interesting post about programmable buttons.

I just discovered buckoFIBS on this forum. I think I'm going to use it instead of JavaFIBS even if it lacks interesting features, as it is a free software.

socksey

Javafibs is free also!   ;) 

socksey

"Be aware that a halo has to fall only a few inches to be a noose." - Dan McKinnon