News:

Play our  New Fibsboard Position of the Week --> perhaps give your comments/reasons thx..here's the link  http://www.fibsboard.com/position-of-the-week/

Main Menu

Repbot auto ask doesn't work

Started by ah_clem, March 23, 2009, 06:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ah_clem

Hi,

I just upgraded to 3dFibs 4.0.7.0 and the auto ask feature has gone away.  It used to be that whenever someone invited me I'd see a popup window with the repbot info.  The new version doesn't do this.

Yes, I've checked "Auto ask repbot on invite arrival" under preferences.  Anybody else have this problem, or have a suggestion to nudge the program to do as told?  TIA.

Windows XP Pro, 2002, sp 2

Bones

Sorry that this isn't a reply to your question, but it seems as good a place as any to post this:

I haven't liked ANY of the recent versions of 3dFibs.  Every time I try out a a new version, one or more features that I like are gone, and there are new features that I don't like at all. 

I've tried every upgrade that's come out, and so far, I'm sticking with 4.0.28.  Thanks for the heads-up -- I won't even bother with 4.0.7.0. 

I agree with you -- "auto ask repbot on invite" is an indispensable feature. 
There is NO rule six!

don

I'm trying the new 3D, seems not very robust (crashes due to variable overflow after a while).

However, can someone tell me where those .mat files it says it's saving are saved?  I've looked in the directories they're supposed to be in, nada.

--
don
So many string dimensions, so little space time...

ah_clem

Quote from: don on March 24, 2009, 04:16:15 PM
However, can someone tell me where those .mat files it says it's saving are saved?  I've looked in the directories they're supposed to be in, nada.

It seems to spray files all over the hard drive more or less at random, but will usually put the .mat files in the same directory until you change something.  Try using search and looking for *.mat.  You should be able to find them that way.  That's what  I do anyway. 

Currently, it's placing them in C:\Documents and Settings\Walt\My Documents\3dfibs\jf_mat\ but previous versions saved them elsewhere.  I expect that this will change again next time I change settings or version.

As for robustness, v4 seems more stable than v3 - it's not really a problem as far as I can tell.  Remember that it's free...