News:

Thx to our VIP donor/subscribers in 2010 cheers! .....webrunner, stog, spielberg, jackdaddy, adrian, BallardBG, diane , anononymous , Zorba , sixty_something, ah_clem , kapiti , Drake ,aviator & r_monk

Main Menu

factotum vs forum

Started by factotum, March 31, 2009, 06:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

factotum

Well hello all.   I hope 'start new topic'  was the right thing to click, I couldn't see any other way to post to Fibsboard Forum Matches.  Thank you stog for giving me this opportunity to defend my plays in front of everybody.  Should be entertaining.  I understand that I won the opening roll, a 6-2.  My play is 24-18, 13-11.  Options would be 24-16, perhaps if you are afraid of losing a gammon, or the aggressive 13-5.  But it is my understanding that bot rollouts show 24-18, 13-11 to be superior in all cases.  By the way, what is our match length?  I vote for 5pts.

blitzxz

Graphics for first move.

socksey

I prefer 12/20 for this roll to possibly gain the 5 pt.   :)  I've been using this for some time now with quite a lot of success.

socksey

"Happiness is permanent. It is always there. What comes and goes is unhappiness. If you identify with what comes and goes, you will be unhappy. If you identify with what is permanent and always there, you are happiness itself." â€" Poonjaji

diane

I always play the 24-18, 13-11 move - as that is recognised as the best opening play for that roll. 
I have as little success with that as with anything else right now  ;)

I must admit to being confused as to how this is going - isnt this factotum versus forum - ie, he makes his move and we all decide on the opposing roll/move?  :wacko:
Never give up on the things that make you smile

stog

indeed - but this part is good too where we can comment on the top man's move - and he can too! so this thread may stay.........
to vote on the forum's moves go to http://www.fibsboard.com/fibsboard-forum-matches/match-1-game-1-move-1-t2339.0.html

Tomawaky

Quote from: socksey on April 01, 2009, 01:15:09 PM
I prefer 12/20 for this roll to possibly gain the 5 pt.   :)  I've been using this for some time now with quite a lot of success.

socksey

Too much risky
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

stog

not for the first game surely? i too like slotting the 5 point - but maybe that's why ive been loosing so much lately......:)

lewscannon

Quote from: Tomawaky on April 01, 2009, 05:20:24 PM
Too much risky

I always play the 13-5, given the chance. (I play in the other direction)

diane

Quote from: lewscannon on April 01, 2009, 09:53:40 PM
I always play the 13-5, given the chance. (I play in the other direction)

Yeah, but you have the devils own dice - you can move wherever you want, whenever you want... :laugh: :laugh:

lewscannon

Quote from: diane on April 01, 2009, 10:51:48 PM
Yeah, but you have the devils own dice - you can move wherever you want, whenever you want... :laugh: :laugh:

'I am looking forward to our league match, Diane.' said lews with an evil chuckle.

diane

Quote from: lewscannon on April 02, 2009, 02:58:55 PM
'I am looking forward to our league match, Diane.' said lews with an evil chuckle.

That sent the usual shudder through my very core  :o

socksey

QuoteI always play the 13-5, given the chance. (I play in the other direction)

I'm a fool for you, babyyyyyyyyyyyy (lews)!   :lol:

socksey

"You still chase women ... but only downhill." - Bob Hope, on turning 70