News:

Thx to our VIP donor/subscribers in 2009 cheers! .....webrunner, stog, spielberg, dickbalaska, b8factor, jackdaddy, anonymouse, diane, dropper, zorba, papillon, fiftythree, ramses, adrian, FrankBerger, krakan and ah_clem

Main Menu

Savedcount and repbot

Started by diane, April 08, 2009, 10:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

At the risk of saying something stupid...and making work for those who are good enough to spare time for such things...is it possible repbot could be updated once again to do the savedcount query for the user?

So, you ask it 'a playername', it asks the server 'savedcount playername' and reports back to you the rep and the saved count.

I have javafibs and programmable buttons, so it  is no big deal for me to do the two clicks, but there are those working with less easy to use interfaces who might appreciate something like this.

I appreciate this may have been discussed and ruled out as a possibility somewhere else - but I havent seen it, so just thought I would ask.

I know the update made in December happened quite quickly http://www.fibsboard.com/repbot/inflated-saved-games-figures-t2129.0.html;msg16099#msg16099  so hoped this might be something along the same lines, only putting it back....
Never give up on the things that make you smile

Tomawaky

Saved game can't be known anymore isn't it ?

I find this very bad :thumbdown: but as it can disturb some people I can accept that it has disappear  :(. Now I do not accept most of invite from people unknown...
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

dropper

I was about to say it's been integrated into fibs with show saved [user] but that appears not to be working. According to the server no one has any saved games, including those on the dropper hall of shame list.
The fibster formerly known as alef.

diane

It isn't 'show saved'...it is 'show savedcount' <playername>, the response is a number, no further details.

All sites previously associated with saved games are gone or fallen into disuse, including the hall of shame [as I understood that].

Savedcount and Missmanners are the tools now. [oh and of course, the humble repbot  ;)]

garp_02

Can I ask if there is a way to see who you have unfinished matches with?

Mine has risen (for various reasons) but I don't know how to see who they were against.

Thanks,

Garp

diane

If you command 'show saved' for yourself you will get the list of players you have saved games with, the matchlength and score thrown in.  If they are starred, it means they are logged in, and 2 stars indicates ready to play...

garp_02

Thanks Diane - appreciate that  :)

Is there any way that a match wouldn't be shown? Say against a current league player?

diane

The only way I know, is that the match finished, sometimes that can happen if there is lag. The match finishes, but the message never gets to your client.  It also happens the opposite way around, a player makes the final move, assumes the match is over and leaves.  The command never gets to fibs, and you actually have a saved game.

If your opponent has the ability to record matches, maybe they have a match record showing the final move?  If there is a dispute over a league match in this way, a match record is traditionally the way to solve it.

socksey

Quote from: garp_02 on April 09, 2009, 04:38:51 PM
Can I ask if there is a way to see who you have unfinished matches with?

In addition to what diane has given you, there is the Fibs 'waitfor nick' command that will notify you when a player on your saved game list logs in.  I found this useful for saved as well as league matches.   :yes: 

socksey

"It isn't easy for an idea to squeeze itself into a head filled with prejudice." – Anonymous

inim

Quote from: diane on April 08, 2009, 10:22:35 AM
...is it possible repbot could be updated once again to do the savedcount query for the user?

From the coding effort point of view a moderate plea. If Patti allows for the extra command send to fibs.com, I support the motion and put it on my TODO.
This space is available for rent by advertisers. Call 0900-INIMITE today, and see your sales skyrocketing in no time! New customers receive free Vl@9rĂ¥ and a penis enlargement set as a bonus! We support banners, flash banners, and scrollers. Discrete handling by our HQ on the Dutch Antilles.

socksey

Did anyone mention in this thread about expired saved games?   :)  I think they disappear after 30 days now, is it?   :unsure:  I know it's been mentioned elsewhere plenty.   :laugh:

socksey

"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed" - Mahatma Gandhi