News:

Check out the small but well formed 'Campaigns' board --we all feel strongly about something: alert us to a campaign, add a poll - be concise, and aware of strong editorial ;)

Main Menu

Using the spoiler function correctly

Started by diane, April 12, 2009, 02:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Quote from: playBunny on April 12, 2009, 12:21:30 PM
Spoiler

There are only two choices for me.

I like 16/11 6/5* but the number of return hits (47% of rolls) gives me caution. There are four double-taps (5-2, 5-6) plus 5-5 which would be particularly unpleasant triple hit. Then there are 12 obvious single hits and some possibles (depending on the opponent's desire for a blotfest, eg. hitting loose on the ace point with a 6, or going to the wall, 3/1*(2), with a 2-2).

I voted for the unaggressive move, 17/16 8/3, commandeering our opponent's 9 point and slotting our home behind his blot. It's risk-free but it relies on the hope that there's enough awkwardness in his position that he'll present a shot.
[close]

does anyone know what has happened with that post? When I click the spoiler, I get a 2.5 line window and have to scroll to read what is written.  In this case, where bunny has written a lot, I can't read every other line because I can't get the top half or the bottom half of the first/third line.

It essentially means I cant read it, because my eyes cant handle the awkward visual effects - and it looked interesting  :thumbdown:  :(

Oooh, I can read it from the quote screen  :cool:, but that isn't the point, I have seen this before - but when I have used the spoiler and checked what I have written, it comes as a box big enough for the whole text.  I can't see anything different with the coding in the quote, so wondered if anyone else knows what us with it, how to fix it, and a work around if that cant be done.

Interestingly - it seems to work here properly, but back on the originating thread
http://www.fibsboard.com/fibsboard-forum-matches/match-1-game-1-move-7-forum-checker-t2359.0.html;msg17559#msg17559
it doesnt work - is it connected with page length?  :wacko:
Never give up on the things that make you smile

stog

it - the original , does work on on my firefox

what browser r  u ?

diane

Hmm, maybe that it is it - safari, since firefox started being a pest and forgetting all my passwords two or three times a week.  :(

playBunny

Spoiler
I'm curious as to whether it's a browser problem or a forum problem. I know that I recently created a post in the forum/factotumn match threads and then noticed that I hadn't put it inside a spoiler protection. I did a modify to add the spoiler. perhaps was the cause of the strangeness? Whether it was the spoiler in question is another matter. ;)

So, here's another post that I've submitted and then modified by adding a spoiler. Does this one turn into a 2.5 line box, too?
[close]

diane

No, that one is just fine, I am thinking it is a browser and page length problem.  That would make it fairly localised to me, and the handful of other safari users, so not a huge problem.  At that point a workaround will do.

stog

i can't replicate the prob on safari(3.2.1) but then again there r noughts and numbers behind these letters i am told.....
any opera users out there? the latest 2 firefoxes have been baling out more often but i have bloated bookmarks and a tendency to run way too many apps at the same time..... beats the old times though :)

socksey

I use Internet Explorer and I've never had a problem like you describe, diane.  I would guess it's your browser.  However, I did use Firefox for a short while long ago.  I don't remember having any specific problems with it, but I did go back to Internet Explorer for some reason.   :unsure:

socksey

"The biggest part of reporting the truth is the news agenda itself. What we choose to put on the air, what we think is a page one story, what our priorities are. I would not be fooled by the old myth that reporting is about objectivity. Deciding what is news is the most subjective of acts and it is probably the most important thing that we do." - Carl Bernstein

diane

Quote from: playBunny on April 13, 2009, 01:18:48 AM
Spoiler
I'm curious as to whether it's a browser problem or a forum problem. I know that I recently created a post in the forum/factotumn match threads and then noticed that I hadn't put it inside a spoiler protection. I did a modify to add the spoiler. perhaps was the cause of the strangeness? Whether it was the spoiler in question is another matter. ;)

So, here's another post that I've submitted and then modified by adding a spoiler. Does this one turn into a 2.5 line box, too?
[close]

ok...interesting....now this spoiler doesnt work....my leaning is even more towards the page length again, cos there are more posts on here than the last time I tried it....the attachment shows what I mean for interest.

socksey

No.  No problem here.

socksey

You know you're getting old when the candles cost more than the cake. â€" Bob Hope, on turning 90

Zorba

No problems here. I use Firefox 3.0.8 on WindowsXP.
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

diane

I am gonna give firefox another try, see if it is past its amnesia state yet  ;)