News:

All new Fibsboard.com for 2011 --" your unofficial Forum for all fings FIBS."
New Membergroups, new boards including topical discussions, Campaigns, Culture and Gossip. Photo Galleries, Forum Backgammon vs Top Guest, and much much more.........faster and improved, with sas :)

Main Menu

Match 1, Game 1, Move 10, Factotum cube

Started by blitzxz, April 19, 2009, 08:16:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blitzxz

diane

Spoiler
I think I already said what I would do - and Zorba didnt persuade me any different  ;)

But I might sit here and do the silent 'take take take' chant that I sometimes do, when I would like my opponent to take it  :laugh: :laugh:
[close]
Never give up on the things that make you smile

dorbel

Spoiler
For what it's worth I would take this. Some factors that might influence that.
Black has two checkers out of play on the ace and has already made his 3pt. This points to a blitz being his main winning path, but his checkers aren't well placed for that yet.
The race is even.
There's a lot of skill left in this and a long way to go. Owning the cube at 0-0 to 5 is worth a lot, because the recube to 4 is so powerful.
I accept that this is a very strong double and that rollouts may even show it to be a pass, but I would certainly have taken it quite happily over the board. Make him work for it I say!
[close]

playBunny

Quote from: dorbel on April 19, 2009, 11:18:05 AM
[...] and that rollouts may even show [...]
The rollout is in the Forum Double thread.

factotum

I'm gonna take my 42.255% match equity into game 2, thank you.   Pass.

factotum

Meaning, in case you don't know, that, behind 1-0 in a 5pt match the trailer has 42.5% match winning chances.  (so we are told by the creator of gnu's match equity table)

In the early 1980's I frequented a bg club in the Georgetown section of DC, and encountered a fellow named Kent Goulding who had a standing offer to spot anyone 1pt in a 5pt match for $100.    Lucky for him that was a bit beyond my gambling budget at the time.