News:

VIP Donor members can now edit photo galleries and utilise an extended Custom Profile with buddy lists. Join them - for the price of a beer!

Main Menu

Anything wrong with fibs server?

Started by barbaros, April 22, 2009, 01:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbaros

I do not know exactly if the problem is caused by me or if there is a problem with the fibs server. I can not login into the fibs server the whole day. Somebody who has the same the same experience today with server?

Zorba

Here's a tip you can try when having severe lag or connection problems:

Instead of using "fibs.com" as the server to connect to, use either "fibs1.fibs.com" or "fibs2.fibs.com". See which one works (best) for you. In case of future problems, you may have to switch again between the two.
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

maria

Quote from: barbaros on April 22, 2009, 01:34:08 PM
I do not know exactly if the problem is caused by me or if there is a problem with the fibs server. I can not login into the fibs server the whole day. Somebody who has the same the same experience today with server?

The newest Message of the Day is: 
+--------------------------------------------------------+
|                                                        |
|  One of the lines is having intermittent connectivy    |
|  issues today, probably due to our heat wave.  I       |
|  have no further status at this time.                  |
|                                                        |
+--------------------------------------------------------+

diane

To see if the server is up or down at any time - use the link on the homepage of this forum. Top left, 'fibs status', see attachment to help you.  That should tell you if it is working or not - if it is, then use Zorbas suggestion and try specifying fibs1 or fibs2, and see which one works.
Never give up on the things that make you smile