News:

we need 2 or 3 small donations a month, and an ad or 2 each month, consistently over the year, to keep the board going.....http://www.fibsboard.com/donate.php

Main Menu

Don't start any longer tourneys for a while

Started by MadMatt, March 28, 2004, 07:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadMatt

Please don't start any longer tourneys until further notice. Longer means one that would take more than a week to complete in this instance.

The reason is that I have completed the new bracket generation code and this makes the old  tourney objects incompatible with the new ones on the binary level.

The new system could go in right away if it didn't break Tourney #105 and Tourney #179. I am not sure what to do about those two, looks like I'll just have to convert them to the new code manually. *bleh*
MadMatt
----------

TourneyBot Website

jinnate

i think if you start with tourney 105, tourney 179 will be finished by the time you're done. 179 has one semi-final (the players have a week to finish) and then one final (the players have a week to finish that too). the 3rd round was completed in a couple of days, so it looks to me it may not 2 weeks for this tourney to be over.

Tomawaky

very sorry Matt  :(
May I do something for you ?
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

MadMatt

Quotevery sorry Matt  :(
May I do something for you ?
No, don't worry about, it won't be that difficult to do, just time-consuming and not very fun.

A 64-player tourney is pretty cool and I definitely don't want to lose that, so I think it'll be worth the effort.
MadMatt
----------

TourneyBot Website

MadMatt

Since the new system's been put in place, please feell free (and encouraged) to hold longer tourneys again.
MadMatt
----------

TourneyBot Website