News:

Thx to our VIP donor/subscribers in 2011 cheers! ..thx godwinson, webrunner, stog, spielberg*, hartkegirl, KissMyAss*, ettu*,  jackdaddy*, diane, caleb, sixty_something*, Zorba*, aviator, Tom*, anonymous*, roygbiv*, r_monk *

Main Menu

recovering password

Started by magic_one, May 17, 2009, 04:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magic_one

:wacko:

I Need help recovering password.  E-mail instructions say to "change password on the menu in your All In Backgammon client software"?  What is "All In Backgammon client software"?

Thanks,

magic_one

:unhappy:

stog

hi magic

r u referring to the fibsonacci site or this one? i assume fibsonacci :) in which case  ask donz or maybe someone will help here

for fibsboard
You can't retrieve your password, but you can set a new one by following a link sent to you by email. You also have the option of setting a new password by answering your secret question.

gl

ps i haven't been able to post my loss to u yet - but will keep trying
i think there r problems with the site at the moment, as i realise i too, was no longer logged in, and the home and descriptive pages weren't loading
the instructions shown when i try to recover my password were

"An email has been sent to your email address. Please click the link in the email to activate the changing of your password"

diane

If you meant the fibs-o-nacci site, the change password option there isn't functioning, so if you have lost your password there - you will need to talk to donz directly [email].

If you mean your password at fibs, those passwords are not recoverable, and if you can't work out what it is from your client software, or your own computer, then it is lost forever.

I was lead to understand that the password here is accessible by the admin, webrunner often suggested that a way to avoid losing your fibs password was to have the same one here. That way if you forgot, he could look it up and you could change them both at the same time.  Has that changed now?
Never give up on the things that make you smile

stog

your password at fibsboard is only i think accessible if you type in your secret answer to your secret question.
change of password requires knowledge of your existing password i think

the passwords are not accessible by admin; they are encoded so there is no way to retrieve the current password (it is 1 way encoding and can't be reversed).

adrian

Quote from: magic_one on May 17, 2009, 04:50:55 PM
:wacko:

I Need help recovering password.  E-mail instructions say to "change password on the menu in your All In Backgammon client software"?  What is "All In Backgammon client software"?

Thanks,

magic_one

:unhappy:

It is a site malfunction. I got caught in the same loop, but the password won't get reset and neither the old password is working anymore. Hopefully donzaemon will have time to fix that.
Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.

magic_one

The problem is at Fibs-O-Nacci website.   Match results should be immediately recorded (before tomorrow).   However, I can not record any results.   Now, what?

stog

i messaged him  at fibs the other day - he must be away

diane

If your opponent registers the match, and it isn't disputed, when the bot runs to determine the next round, it will take the result as posted by one player, even if it isn't confirmed.  If your opponent hasn't reported, you are in a more difficult situation.  Your password will be completely unchanged, so if any browser/computer has the password stored you should be able to log in from there.  Once logged in, you can manually reset the password, and I think that part works.

magic_one

I think that part, or some other part, is broken (does not work).   Neither I, nor at least one of my opponents, can login.   I can not login with either my unchanged password, or with my new password, sent via e-mail from support@donzaemon.com

stog

the site is poorly at present, and so login, if possible, won't i think help, as, at the moment, the guest info pages aren't showing.
wait till all is fixed, then we can let him know of our wins and losses

my advice would be to not try resetting your password, as you may not have to, once the site is fixed.
just check in during the week - if you see writing in the main area-chances r it will have been fixed and you will be able to log in, if you aren't ;ogged in auto.

if donz is out of town we will just have to wait

magic_one

Can anyone login at Fibs-O-Nacci website at anytime during the last 24 hours?

stog

no, it's been poorly for several days

jimeez

Nope.  I am still having problems logging in.  I have requested to have my password reset 3 times now.  Nothings working.  It is slightly comforting to know that I am not the only one.

diane

Nope, I just went there and found I am no longer logged in, and my username and password don't work [and I am confident I am entering the right ones].  The reset password hasn't been working for months, but this problem is new!!

stog

1.24 pm (UK time) just been there now - all ok -- i waited for the site to fully load and it logged me in auto

magic_one

Quote from: diane on May 19, 2009, 12:02:14 AM
The reset password hasn't been working for months, . . . !!

Who’s beta testing your website(s)?  Microsoft?  I’ll volunteer to help test, if the developers agree to make reasonable attempts to fix reported problems.  I could have saved myself a lot of time and aggravation if there was notification that the website was malfunctioning, and/or that the recover password function was broken.

jimeez

diane

Quote from: magic_one on May 19, 2009, 03:05:14 PM

Who’s beta testing your website(s)?  Microsoft?  I’ll volunteer to help test, if the developers agree to make reasonable attempts to fix reported problems.  I could have saved myself a lot of time and aggravation if there was notification that the website was malfunctioning, and/or that the recover password function was broken.

Firefox started misbehaving and forgetting passwords in about March.  I tried the reset and when it didn't work, I told donz.  He said he knew and that he would get around to it....seems he hasn't yet.

Does sixty-something have the kind of access that can fix this?

jimeez

Looks like this problem has surfaced again.

diane

Yes, the site has been down for almost two weeks now. No one can log in.

jimeez

Yikes!  I was wondering why the brackets stopped and I wasn't getting my notifications anymore.  :(